I'm Very Surprised to Have Just Read this About the New Menu Rollout......

Phlybice

What ships are the new menu currently on?

Edit:-- found this information myself. Im so glad thesse menus arent going to be on the Freedom next week. They all sound so bland. It seems like theyre all plain protein choices, no pasta or variety. I looked at two sample menus and wouldn't want to order anything from either! Blech!

Edited by xxdance8chikxx

One ship (Liberty I think?) still has them because of the condition of the tables they have. The others don't unless its elegant night.

I honestly don't remember former menus so I can't compare the actual food available then and now, but from what I have read here they made some changes like few soups (no cold soups which upset some people) and few appetizer options. They have a port of call section that offers a local popular dish for an app and main plus a drink suggestion.

And they have "for the table" options. Like the pie option for dessert is "for the table" so its a whole pie. They also got rid of a few popular desserts although I enjoyed almost all of the ones we tried.

My biggest pet peeve with the new menu is some food came as a meal, while others didn't. It was hard to know when to order a side. One night my husband ordered a steak that came with just mushrooms. The lady at the table next to us had the same and she was not happy about it. Another night I ended up with a potato and veggies for a side when my meal came with rice and green beans.

The crusts on the pies were terrible -someone needs a pie baking lesson.

I was so glad to see this thread. I am so glad the new menus are not going to be on the Dream. We sail next week end. it will be my DD's first cruise ( she runs and hikes and climbs mountains. And other things that exhaust me just thinking about them.......but she eats a lot and stays bone thin........what do I know?)

She is a vegetarian right now ,I think. Will eat fish. Loves Indian food and they seem to have an Indian entrée at dinner plus Mexican veggie one.. eggplant.............and she will appreciate them all.

The Tandori Grill will be a big hit to her too. her husband is thin, too but will appreciate a park chop or a steak for a change.

I never thought about it much, but when they changed, I realized I sort of like Carnival's food. The first night.......The large shrimps, fried.in panko crumbs with rice......I like the appetizers...the fruit plate I love. the spring rolls.............

I know they will eventually change. But I am glad.........not just yet. cappuccino Pie...one more time!

The crusts on the pies were terrible -someone needs a pie baking lesson.

I wish they would do chicken parmesan instead of veal.

their lunches in the MDR............the desserts are really good. So are the entrees. I just figured that out a couple of years ago. They have white sauce bread pudding...........really good.

I was kind of looking forward to a little shake-up in the menu.

Yeah me too. I liked the old old menus, but the ones they currently have do not impress me at all. The new menus had a lot of things on them I was excited about. Now I'm sad. :(

Well I hope they tweak the B & B back as well as Creme brûlée and Grand Mariner soufflé.

Those are my three favorite desserts as well!;) (You can keep the WCMC.) Give me the Escargot, Shrimp Cocktail for DW, plus those desserts, and then we know we are on a cruise!

Does anyone know if the new menu has the healthier food choices indicated with a heart? I tried to stick with those foods 3 years ago when we sailed on the Glory, and I didn't gain weight! (I also worked out in the gym and used the stairs!).

The old menu had the foods marked with a heart icon and then the bottom of the menu said that the heart "denotes healthy options which are lower in fat, cholesterol and sodium." (I found one of the older menus online).

We will be on the Glory in a couple of weeks, and it is one of the ships with the new menu.

Here is a link to some of the Glory menus. I do notice a few differences between this and the one we had last week but its basically the same (also on the Glory). For example, the pasta offering on Elegant night was different than listed here. I believe the only option noted as a healthy choice is a sugar free dessert option.

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

FYI - You do not have to share the appetizers and you can get pie by the slice. We had a great waiter by the name of Antonio on the Glory.

I knew beforehand you didn't have to share (from being here) but it did seem to cause confusion for others around me.

I didn't know you could ask for it by the slice but I was going to ask, I just decided to go with something else instead of bothering.

if you are gonna quote somebody use the whole quote

John Heald We have made a few tweaks and I will collect the new menus and post them shortly. At the moment there are no plans to bring the new and exciting menus to other ships. As and when we have a new roll out schedule I will let you know. Cheers

sounds like they are gonna make some tweaks and try this again..

I am glad that they are obviously taking feedback into consideration and are making some changes before expanding the roll out. I look forward to having the "old" menus on my cruise on the Dream in May. I like the Bitter and Blanc dessert. :)

There's a lot of chatter on the boards about the new menu. It's not unlike when Carnival made changes a couple of years ago and added "comfort foods" like meatloaf and fried chicken to it's menu...some people loved it and some hated it. I think it's great that Carnival tries to fine tune it's MDR menu to the likes of it's passengers. Obviously if what the OP says JH is saying is true...Carnival is listening to it's passengers choices. I know for a fact...for a fact...that they have people that peruse these boards and read what their clientele has to say about everything. Some things they're willing to change and some things they aren't based on whatever we'er discussing on these boards. But remember, the bottom line for any cruise line or land based restaurant is...."Money, money, money, money"...saving it and making it! So they are going to continue to juggle and change things on their menu and we'll keep posting about it!:D

There's a lot of chatter on the boards about the new menu. It's not unlike when Carnival made changes a couple of years ago and added "comfort foods" like meatloaf and fried chicken to it's menu...some people loved it and some hated it. I think it's great that Carnival tries to fine tune it's MDR menu to the likes of it's passengers. Obviously if what the OP says JH is saying is true...Carnival is listening to it's passengers choices. I know for a fact...for a fact...that they have people that peruse these boards and read what their clientele has to say about everything. Some things they're willing to change and some things they aren't based on whatever we'er discussing on these boards. But remember, the bottom line for any cruise line or land based restaurant is...."Money, money, money, money"...saving it and making it! So they are going to continue to juggle and change things on their menu and we'll keep posting about it!:D

I would imagine they pay more attention to what people are saying on the ship and on their own CCL boards and JHs FB page than here. I think they know there are opinions here by far too many people who have never actually tried them.

What ships are the new menu currently on?

Edit:-- found this information myself. Im so glad thesse menus arent going to be on the Freedom next week. They all sound so bland. It seems like theyre all plain protein choices, no pasta or variety. I looked at two sample menus and wouldn't want to order anything from either! Blech!

Do you care to share? LOL

We are on the Breeze in July.

Do you know if they have the new menus, or the old?

I, honestly, could care less, but our friends LOVE the soups at dinner.

I know with the new menus that there are not as many soup options..

Thanks!!!!

I hope they continue with Seuss though!

not me.... just my opinion.... I love Dr. Zeus books and cartoons... but not on a ship... it will make it too much like Disney.... a kid's cruise.. but that's okay... I know many will love it.. so whatever will be , will be.... just my opinion :rolleyes:

Why are these menus such a big deal to some people? As long as they bring me food that I don't have to cook or clean up it doesn't matter.

Because I'm not you. Life would be much less interesting if everyone's thoughts and desires were identical.

Do you care to share? LOL

We are on the Breeze in July.

Do you know if they have the new menus, or the old?

I, honestly, could care less, but our friends LOVE the soups at dinner.

I know with the new menus that there are not as many soup options..

Thanks!!!!

The new menus are on the Glory, Liberty and imagination.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Now you've gone and hurt Mrs Smith's feelings ;)

LOL - but honestly, Mrs. Smith's is better. BUT, I forgot to mention, the banana cream pie in the buffet for lunch is delish and the key lime is pretty good also. It's just the fruit pies with regular crusts that are terrible.

Edited by mek