Past Cruise Prices

Lyndihop

Is there a way to compare how much prices were when a cruise was first announced and today's price?????? We're looking at doing a TA next year, and I can see how much the prices are today, but was wondering how much of a drop they had since first coming out?? The 2015 prices haven't yet come out and I'm wanting to whether to go ahead an jump or wait til late summer when they seemed to have some good perks.

Is there a way to compare how much prices were when a cruise was first announced and today's price?????? We're looking at doing a TA next year, and I can see how much the prices are today, but was wondering how much of a drop they had since first coming out?? The 2015 prices haven't yet come out and I'm wanting to whether to go ahead an jump or wait til late summer when they seemed to have some good perks.

Every cruise is different. Sometimes prices go UP, not down, depending on how well the cruise is selling. Also, most of the prices drops come after final payment (75 days on most cruises) and then you are locked in.

Best thing to do is see what a similiar cruise is selling for now, close to the sailing date and go from there.

For example, I know that $XXX is a good price for a 7 day Carb. cruise during the slow season (early Dec). So I look for one close to that price and jump on it when it hits my target (factoring in OBC, free hotel, or other deals).

DaveOKC

You can compare them to the published prices in the Cruise Atlas or Cruise Planner to get a general idea.
My Cruise Planners don't have prices. :) An old Mariner magazine might help though.

Edited by jtl513

We're planning only our 4th cruise, and I've started keeping a spreadsheet of the cruises we took and may take, of the prices at # of days before the start, just to have a feel for what we'd like to pay. It's quite a modest collection of data, but it's already helping me budget this new-found interest.

We're planning only our 4th cruise, and I've started keeping a spreadsheet of the cruises we took and may take, of the prices at # of days before the start, just to have a feel for what we'd like to pay. It's quite a modest collection of data, but it's already helping me budget this new-found interest.

Yep..... Me too!

My Excel spreadsheet covers 13 years and 20 cruises. The data is ship, cabin #, cabin category, # nights, itinerary, cruise fare, taxes, per person, per night, and total.

I also make note of OBC's and perks such as stock credits or beverage packages.

It's been a great tool to refer back to when planning future cruises. :)

When I see itineraries come out that we are interested in, I write down the prices in order to keep track of things.

Sadly, I never seem to find the prices go down for our cruises.

We do much the same. Mrs. K has a spreadsheet that she came up with years and years ago that we use to sort out cruises we're interested in taking. Information includes all the basics like cruise line, ship, dates, port of embarkation/disembarkation, and the published or brochure price. Like KK we've never had a cruise go down in price but certainly have seen some go up in price. Once we get to final payment I have the tendency to stop watching fares.....might make me feel bad. :)

Transatlantic cruises can offer terrific bargains. 14 night transatlantics this spring on the Eurodam and Noordam currently start at $499, Nieuw Amsterdam $599, and the 15 day Ryndam $529. I bet the prices for these cruises were much higher a year or two ago.

I only started watching the 23 day TA on the Eurodam last fall. The prices didn't seem to go down much. But I read somewhere around Labor Day they offered free beverage packages. Which would be nice!!

Also, not sure when they come out??

There is at least one website that shows historical cruise prices. Cruise Critic rules don't allow us to name the website, but if you "fish" around, you'll be able to find it.

I'm familiar with this site, but don't know how to search for a specific date in the past. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for your tutorial. But for whatever reason when I search the Eurodam/March 2014 23 day TA. It doesn't come up. I've looked as far back as May, 2013.

Just a suggestion here (these may be comparable)....try

Under tabs "Stats" and "Past Prices":

23 Day Azores and The.... @ 12 Apr 2011

23 Day Passage To Italy @ 6 Apr 2013

Under tab "Finder":

23 day Passage To Italy @ 30 Mar 2014