So many elites, I pretended to be blue

Sitmar Lady

I've met some very nice people with all colors of cards. If you are a rude and nasty person on land, you will be a rude and nasty person on the ship regardless of the color of your cruise card. You can't hide that personality trait for long anywhere. Thankfully there are plenty of places to get away from them.

Have to agree with you however the crew can't get away from these rude and demanding people and I feel badly when they are treated so poorly>

Probably a little of both. I've never personally encountered rude passengers. I've met wonderful folks on my travels. I've loved chatting with all - new cruisers oviously excited to be on the ship; experienced cruisers who gladly share port info, answer questions, share entertaining travel stories.

The lengthy discussion here about card colors is an eye opener. Guess I'm not observant, as I never look at anyone's cards for color, status, segments, etc. - much less my own. I Didn't even know cards WERE different colors, LOL.

If you see me on board, I DO carry a card in a pouch on a lanyard, for the convenience on board, and to hold drivers license or cash when going ashore. BUT - I also have a food allergy, so carry Benadryl capsules in the pouch so it's always with me and my cruise card whenever the "munchies" hit, LOL. That's the main reason for the pouch. So, moral of this story, please don't think I'm proudly displaying my card color, nope, not the reason.

Want to take a moment to thank all the experienced CC posters who graciously answer questions and share advice with all of us. You truly help me look forward to future travels, and hope our paths cross one day so I can say Thank you in person.

Thanks,

sue

Edited by slc22

It looks exactly like the old one but the map is a lighter gray.

The stripe across the top is the old dark gray but the card itself is a color between the old Platinum and the old Elite with the countries on the map a little more differentiated.

Still curious to see what the new Elite card looks like. I would have thought someone would have posted a photo of one by now.

Don't know if this is the new one or not, but the map is more visible than in the past.

scan0039a_zpse0cc6256.jpg

Edited by caribill

Don't know if this is the new one or not, but the map is more visible than in the past.

scan0039a_zpse0cc6256.jpg

I can't tell if you did some image editing or not. Is the number of past cruises now missing from the card?

He edited out past cruises along with his name. (Did you know the A next to the number of past cruises signifies Adult? Found that out when we sailed with our teenage kids.)

That's the card we got on the Royal a couple of weeks ago.

I still can't figure out why anyone cares about this.

As long as I get my internet, laundry and in-cabin set up I could care less about my card. :confused:

Probably a little of both. I've never personally encountered rude passengers. I've met wonderful folks on my travels. I've loved chatting with all - new cruisers oviously excited to be on the ship; experienced cruisers who gladly share port info, answer questions, share entertaining travel stories.

The lengthy discussion here about card colors is an eye opener. Guess I'm not observant, as I never look at anyone's cards for color, status, segments, etc. - much less my own. I Didn't even know cards WERE different colors, LOL.

If you see me on board, I DO carry a card in a pouch on a lanyard, for the convenience on board, and to hold drivers license or cash when going ashore. BUT - I also have a food allergy, so carry Benadryl capsules in the pouch so it's always with me and my cruise card whenever the "munchies" hit, LOL. That's the main reason for the pouch. So, moral of this story, please don't think I'm proudly displaying my card color, nope, not the reason.

Want to take a moment to thank all the experienced CC posters who graciously answer questions and share advice with all of us. You truly help me look forward to future travels, and hope our paths cross one day so I can say Thank you in person.

Thanks,

sue

Hi Sue! There is still plenty of room on the REGAL Maiden Caribbean Sampler (11/6-11/9/14), as well as the b2b to the Southern Caribbean (11-9-11/16/14). There are a few folks that were on the ROYAL Maiden and b2b last Oct/Nov that will be on the Regal. The Roll Calls for both cruises are coming along nicely. (See the link in my signature line and feel free to take a peek). Think about it! Would love to have you join the SECOND bag of mixed nuts on these sailings!! (1st bag of mixed nuts were on the Royal). :D

Edited by #1winelover

Hi Sue! There is still plenty of room on the REGAL Maiden Caribbean Sampler (11/6-11/9/14), as well as the b2b to the Southern Caribbean (11-9-11/16/14). There are a few folks that were on the ROYAL Maiden and b2b last Oct/Nov that will be on the Regal. The Roll Calls for both cruises are coming along nicely. (See the link in my signature line and feel free to take a peek). :D

Thanks, Larry. Regal is a good suggestion... I'll check them out.

For some reason I'm not able to view anyone's signatures in the forum this afternoon, and I am logged in. Wonder if it's my settings, or if the site is undergoing maintenance?

Thanks,

Sue

He edited out past cruises along with his name. (Did you know the A next to the number of past cruises signifies Adult? Found that out when we sailed with our teenage kids.)

That's the card we got on the Royal a couple of weeks ago.

I still can't figure out why anyone cares about this.

As long as I get my internet, laundry and in-cabin set up I could care less about my card. :confused:

I just learned a few weeks ago the card showed my cruise pts and now I learn what the A is for.....

This thread has got me smiling......I have always noticed card color, but what I find is funny is when I am talking to someone which I notice has a blue card and I ask if they have cruised Princess before and they say yes......is that possible?

I have always noticed card color, but what I find is funny is when I am talking to someone which I notice has a blue card and I ask if they have cruised Princess before and they say yes......is that possible?

Children under the age of 18 will have a blue card no matter how many previous Princess cruises they have taken.

Persons sailing under the Princess "friends and family" plan (very high discounts) may be given a blue card also even if there were previous cruises.

If a previous cruiser booked without telling the agent their Captain's Circle number, they will be considered a new cruiser and given a blue card.

Edited by caribill

Thanks, Larry. Regal is a good suggestion... I'll check them out.

For some reason I'm not able to view anyone's signatures in the forum this afternoon, and I am logged in. Wonder if it's my settings, or if the site is undergoing maintenance?

Thanks,

Sue

Yes, please do check out the Regal. I think you will love it. I can't say why you cannot see signature lines (and typically cruise history if they choose to post that in their signature line), but try this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asr9Vo2xU8S_dEVzYXAxR0NJMXRZMU5sMlRYaWJXV3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It's for the 11/9 sailing on the Regal. As a courtesy to Jeanie, the keeper of the 11/6 roll call, I have included her list within my list by yellow highlighting her cruisers that are on the 11/6 ONLY.

Good luck. If you can't locate these threads using the Roll Call tool, just let me know.

I edited out my name and the number of past cruise credits.

Duh! Could've had a V8. I should have realized the name was missing as well. Nice editing job. Now that I know, I can barely see the artifacts.

I'll remember your skill next time you post a photo! :p

Edited by beg3yrs

Children under the age of 18 will have a blue card no matter how many previous Princess cruises they have taken.

Persons sailing under the Princess "friends and family" plan (very high discounts) may be given a blue card also even if there were previous cruises.

If a previous cruiser booked without telling the agent their Captain's Circle number, they will be considered a new cruiser and given a blue card.

Interesting.....

Is the Friends and family plan, friends and family of princess staff?

Interesting.....

Is the Friends and family plan, friends and family of princess staff?

Yes. I don't know if all crew are eligible to nominate someone for F&F but at least some are. I do know employees on land may do so as well.

Not all cruises have F&F fares available.

There were over 600 Elites on board and let me say that some were quite arrogant to say the least. So much so that I wanted to change my black card to a blue one because I didn't want to be associated with such a demanding group.

Wanna know what one of my favorite things was about my first Princess cruise last month? I had no status. None. Zip. Zero. It was so nice to enjoy a cruise for what it was, rather than being concerned about get-togethers, parties, perks, etc. It was sooo refreshing.