Will they remove the balcony dividers?

deentonyo

My family and I are going on an eight day cruise next month.

I will be getting married and plan on spending every other moment (besides the wedding) a silly drunk :)

I hope that they will remove the balcony dividers from between our six cabins.

So we can all have one big balcony party, or eight of them :)

Our cabins are all next door to the other.

My TA says they usually won't do this. However, I don't have much faith in her knowledge, since she seemed to mess up every aspect of our reservations.

We are cruising Carnival. Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

Thanks in advance.

I know they'll remove them from 2 cabins but I don't know about 8 cabins. The balconies are tiny, not much room on them. There are two chairs and a table and not room for anything else. Just move your party to a lounge or even the Lido (pool) deck.

REMOVE - no. OPEN - possibly.

However from what I have read on previous posts is that if opening a divider will block another cabin's patio door from opening then they won't open it. Also they will/can only open so many dividers on any one ship for some reason ???? As the previous poster said, some of the balconies are very NARROW, so it might be a difficult to maneuver out there.

First, I'm sorry that your TA has not been very helpful. Unfortunately you're stuck with him/her until you board the ship. Balcony connections will vary by ship configuration so you might find more help on the Carnival board.

But since you want all 8 balconies open for a big party - that itself may be enough that Carnival won't do it even if they can do it. They might anticipate noise complaints from your neighbors.

Edited by BlueRiband

My family and I are going on an eight day cruise next month.

I will be getting married and plan on spending every other moment (besides the wedding) a silly drunk :)

I hope that they will remove the balcony dividers from between our six cabins.

So we can all have one big balcony party, or eight of them :)

Our cabins are all next door to the other.

My TA says they usually won't do this. However, I don't have much faith in her knowledge, since she seemed to mess up every aspect of our reservations.

We are cruising Carnival. Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

Thanks in advance.

do not expect it.

some ships they physically cannot open.

others the Captain has final say. as for all of them? sorry but that is unreasonable

silly drunks do stupid **** and end up climbing overboard and drowning.

Getting married? I wouldn't want my balcony divider opened. I'd want a private balcony with my sweetie. ;) :D

Although being drunk the whole trip would have a negative impact on your ability to..., um, use the balcony.

Generally, the cruise line states that the Captain has final say on this issue. He may/may not allow six dividers to be opened at one time, for various reasons. As one poster stated, the possibility of excessive noise from parties may be one reason (why it is generally not done during spring break). There may be an issue with the ship's fire plan as regards to how many dividers are allowed to be opened in a continuous fashion. And finally, if your six cabins span more than one fire zone on the ship, the dividers at the fire zone boundary are not allowed (or even capable) to be opened. This dates back to the Princess cruise ship fire a few years ago, where the fire spread along the balconies.

There was a thread on this very topic a few months back on the Carnival board(you should re-post this there).

The answer given by most was a resounding, yes they can. :)

One poster posted a photo of their extra long balcony. I believe it was 6 cabins too. Looked awesome. Maybe do a search on the Carnival board to see.

Talk to your room steward as soon as you are onboard about opening the balconies.

Edited by Lerin

I'm sorry, but I certainly wouldn't want to be near a party that size.

I agree. I hope that with a large group of people out on the balcony, that they would have consideration for the cabins surrounding them.

On Princess I've had at least 5-6 open at a time. There was never an issue - unless there was a fire door. We do it every cruise. My kids and grandkids, mother, brother, friends all in a row. Not everyone with open balcony doors is doing it to party although we do have a good time laughing and will have drinks. We love visiting each other without knocking on the outside door.

More info for you that I found using the search button:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

this site has lists of cabins for each deck that adjoin and can be opened ...

it's a bit hard to find the info, so click on carnival, and choose which ship. then on the right pane, click "other" and above you'll see the different decks listed -- lido, verandah, etc -- choose that and a list will come up that lists cabin layout and adjoining balconies for each.

Also this thread has a photo of open balconies-at least 3- in a row. Notice the door swings outward to block the view, but does not block the cabin door. Post #7

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1170492

I agree. I hope that with a large group of people out on the balcony, that they would have consideration for the cabins surrounding them.

..especially if they are "silly drunk" and partying all the time. I hope they have a good time but, darn, I feel sorry for their neighbors. Then again, it is Carnival, sooo.....

Relying upon OP's self-description: "silly drunk", I would hope that the cruise line would flatly refuse. However, from my recollection of every ship I have been on, the partitions between balcony cabins are all capable of being opened -- of course, the "through the hull" balconies in QM2 are different.

..especially if they are "silly drunk" and partying all the time. I hope they have a good time but, darn, I feel sorry for their neighbors. Then again, it is Carnival, sooo.....

Yet another example of why I avoid Carnival like it was a plague. I read all too many posts about people who cruise on Carnival bragging about being drunk all of the time. No way do I want to be surrounded by people like that! :rolleyes:

This was a respectful post asking for respectful responses; and instead the high horse people of course have to weigh in...so anyway -

if i was near by i might try to wrangle an invite!...sounds like fun.

only have info on princess and only with two adjoining cabins - they did open the doors.

and to everyone slamming the op for the 'silly drunk' remark - ***? None of you partied on your wedding week?

Have fun and best wishes on your upcoming nuptials, and don't let all these wet blankets spoil your good time; also hopefully they won't be on your ship.

Edited by alexspepa

This was a respectful post asking for respectful responses; and instead the high horse people of course have to weigh in...so anyway -

only have info on princess and only with two adjoining cabins - they did open the doors.

and to everyone slamming the op for the 'silly drunk' remark - ***? None of you partied on your wedding week?

Have fun and best wishes on your upcoming nuptials, and don't let all these wet blankets spoil your good time; also hopefully they won't be on your ship.

Sorry - I saw a number of valid responses to the question posed. However, I do have to wonder what gives you the authority to chastise people for simply stating that they would not want to have -a cabin next to a group of celebrants led by someone who classifies himself as a "silly drunk"? Having six cabins co-joined is a pretty sure way of transforming a few "silly drunks" into an offensive intrusion upon their neighbors.

And yet you have no answer to the question. Hmmm. Hello kettle. :rolleyes:

The answer is no. Not for all 8 cabins. If the divider door blocks a cabin door it should not be opened for safety reasons. Stewards who are opening the divider are breaking safety rules.

I agree with the person above... use a lounge for get together.

Most of the people especially first time cruisers will be out and about enjoying the ship

Sorry - I saw a number of valid responses to the question posed. However, I do have to wonder what gives you the authority to chastise people for simply stating that they would not want to have -a cabin next to a group of celebrants led by someone who classifies himself as a "silly drunk"? Having six cabins co-joined is a pretty sure way of transforming a few "silly drunks" into an offensive intrusion upon their neighbors.

fair enough...probably should have thought it out before posting.

I stand corrected - somewhat. I do think people sometimes forget what they were like when they were young, but obviously I did not word my thoughts in the best way.

apologies to everyone.

FYI: if you have to be drunk to enjoy your honeymoon, you are probably marrying the wrong person. :eek:

My wife and I stayed sober on our honeymoon and we are celebrating 30 years tomorrow - with dinner AND a bottle of wine (it's different after you have been married for so long!) :D

EDIT: I just saw your post apologizing after I posted the above. Thanks for standing up and doing so! It caused me to remove another sentence that you may not have appreciated. ;) :)

Edited by boogs

Yet another example of why I avoid Carnival like it was a plague. I read all too many posts about people who cruise on Carnival bragging about being drunk all of the time. No way do I want to be surrounded by people like that! :rolleyes:

I am one of the people that said they wouldn't want to be in a cabin around the large group and their balconies. I cruise Carnival quite often and I have never seen people "silly drunk" or had noisy/problem neighbors, and hope that on my next Carnival cruise in a couple of months that it stays that way. People can celebrate and enjoy their cruises, but those celebrations shouldn't stop their neighbors from enjoying their balconies and cruise either. It's just having a little respect and consideration for others and when the words silly drunk were used, I think that put up a red flag that could mean they could be very loud and noisy neighbors and I don't think many would appreciate that.

Thank You all for your responses.

I think that the majority of our neighbors will be family and friends. And when we do have a party we are planning on gathering our group in the middle of the balconies.

Not just so we are further away from others, but just to be centrally located to all of the cabins.

I am not on my honeymoon, on this particular cruise. I just don't see so many other chances to go on a cruise with all my loved ones in one place. And simply want to have tons of fun.

I am not young, I am almost forty and this is not my first cruise.

However, if someone was in the next balcony and having louder fun than most would like. I would smile at my roommate and listen in on all the action. I would probably miss the funny noise when they finally passed out :)

I have had some geat info in these responses. Thank You all

You know, "silly drunk" in no way means falling down, loud, obnoxious drunk. Has it occurred to anyone it just means she giggles a lot? I know people that have one drink and giggle and giggle and fall over giggling. Kind of a crack up. I know others that can down half a bottle and still maintain. Please don't judge people just because of her choice of word phrasing or how you handle alcohol.

She's getting married. Heaven forbid she enjoys the time with family and friends on her special hopefully once in a lifetime event. So she's not a Bridezilla. She just wants to chill and enjoy. OMG!

As I said before, we always open up our balconies between families. We often have the people above yell down at us telling us how wonderful it is seeing us with our little ones having a great time. We drink. It in no way means we are obnoxious.