Big News about All You Can Drink Package

Frugalist

Other lines seem to be able to control this and are apparently making a profit or they would have dropped it by now. Some lines that required that both adults in the same room purchase the package have also dropped that policy. Some are too naive to believe that anyone would cheat, but I don't think it will be as bad as others may think. The real money maker in the drink package is from those who don't use it to it's potential which is the probably the majority who purchase it.

Exactly. I find it rather silly that people get so up in arms over potential cheating on this issue. It's not like the cruise line wouldn't have thought about it. They are a very large, overall successful and profitable business. I assume they know what they are doing.

I don't know about that...

Someone back from a recent cruise in their review described a passenger heading to the bar and getting drinks on the all inclusive package and going back to their table and handing out the drinks to everyone present 8 people in total.

No time limit involved.

I would say that is an issue with the bartender not following the rules. On our recent Ruby cruise we all had to show our cards.

Denise

Happy for all the Northern Hemisphere based ships being able to have the choice of purchasing the package.

Spare a thought for us Aussies and Kiwis who don't get the choice because the 15% can't be added to the price of the package :mad:

Celebrity just stepped up their game with drink packages. They're now giving them away with all bookings made on board as well as OBC. Drink packages sure are getting popular

Where did you see that? Is that include anyone in Inside Cabins as well now? Used to only be applicable to Balcony and Suites

I would say that is an issue with the bartender not following the rules. On our recent Ruby cruise we all had to show our cards.

Denise

Most likely bartenders that receive a tip in cash may bend those rules.

Edited by janetz

Does anyone know if you sign, and get a receipt after using your drink card, or do you just "show it" like you do with soda cards? Just curious.

You sign and get a receipt.

Denise

Where did you see that? Is that include anyone in Inside Cabins as well now? Used to only be applicable to Balcony and Suites

The Pick your Perk promotion which ends on April 15 includes a free classic drink package for those booked in an ocean view or higher category.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/pick-your-perk?icid=hp_cr1_pckyrp_1403_spyp_img_196284

Here you go.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

I think the fine print says it doesn't apply to insides. Great inboard booking incentive

This may be a great advantage if going with a group of people. It can add up when you're next to buy a "round". Rounds can get quite expensive depending on how many you are hanging with at the time and what they drink. A round can be the price of one day alone. "My turn to buy, sorry, I can only buy one." And no one has to buy for you, you're unlimited.

So does this mean you can figure how much you have "spent" on drinks, bottles of water, specialty coffees etc.?

I got most of the receipts but some bartenders did not give you a copy unless you asked. The receipt has a 0 total though, so you can not just add them up.

I kept track of everything I used the package for and and came out slightly ahead. But, had I not had the package, I don't think I would have drank the same amount.

You really have to consider how much you will drink and what you will be drinking. You have to drink a lot more cheap drinks to make it worthwhile compared to the $9.00 special drinks. If you have 5 or 6 beers a day and nothing more, then it is not worth it.

One drink at a time / one beer at a time?

Yes.

I guess if this is important for you then get a cabin close to a bar area.

On Celebrity we were just under their Aqua Spa Cafe and it was easy to just run up to get a cup of coffee or tea. (Quicker than room service, actually)