Caronna?

seashells08

I was wondering if that was a new Mexican beer I wasn't aware of... :confused:

Dos Equis is what Princess carries. "Corona" means "crown" as you'll see on the label.

Wait a minute. I've always been told that Budweiser was the "king" of beers.:confused:

Not anything to do with Princess and their beer stock, but, on our recent stop in Cozumel we went on the Playa Mia Beach Break and Lunch tour which had an open bar. I noticed that the open bar was about 30 yards from another bar which was a pay for your drink bar and had bottles of beer. Not so the open bar, they only had beer on tap. I ordered a couple of Dos Equis and they tasted OK. Then we went back and while in line heard someone else order Corona. That was when I noticed that they only had two beer taps and the "Corona" came from the same tap as the "Dos Equis". Later I went back for one last round and the bar tender asked me if I would like a dark Dos Equis. That was when I realized how funny it was that there were only the two taps at the bar because apparently with one for light beer and one for dark beer, whatever brand you ordered that was what you "got", or so they said. So what did they actually serve? I don't know, but, at least it tasted like beer. :cool:

Not anything to do with Princess and their beer stock, but, on our recent stop in Cozumel we went on the Playa Mia Beach Break and Lunch tour which had an open bar. I noticed that the open bar was about 30 yards from another bar which was a pay for your drink bar and had bottles of beer. Not so the open bar, they only had beer on tap. I ordered a couple of Dos Equis and they tasted OK. Then we went back and while in line heard someone else order Corona. That was when I noticed that they only had two beer taps and the "Corona" came from the same tap as the "Dos Equis". Later I went back for one last round and the bar tender asked me if I would like a dark Dos Equis. That was when I realized how funny it was that there were only the two taps at the bar because apparently with one for light beer and one for dark beer, whatever brand you ordered that was what you "got", or so they said. So what did they actually serve? I don't know, but, at least it tasted like beer. :cool:

Too funny! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Dos Equis is what Princess carries. "Corona" means "crown" as you'll see on the label.

And "Dos Equis" means "Two X's" which you will see on the label as well! Two X's refers to the upcoming (when it was introduced in the late 1890's) Twentieth Century.

Terry

And "Dos Equis" means "Two X's" which you will see on the label as well! Two X's refers to the upcoming (when it was introduced in the late 1890's) Twentieth Century.

Terry

Hmm, so what explains the old Tres Equis beer that was discontinued. It used to be available back in the day in Mexico. Probably was a bit more full bodied (more malty) beer. Bummer that it is not available anymore. :cool:

Bait and switch. :eek:

As a shareholder I am glad to hear that they are negotiating contracts to maximize the profit which helps to keep the price of a cruise as low as possible and continues to allow them to combine passengers OBC unlike other cruise lines.

Terry

nope....the "Mexican" beer is Dos Equis

Definitely better than Corona, IMO, but still rather ordinary compared to so much choice available now. That's why I've always wondered why the "Most Interesting Man in the world" drinks Dos Equis...:confused::cool: