Bump the price and 3rd or 4th guest sail FREE sale?

guxu

I was excited about the 3rd or 4th guest sail FREE sale. But, when I checked the cruise on Freedom Of The Seas in this summer, I got,

2 guests, Superior Ocean View Stateroom: $1,259 pp

4 guests, Superior Ocean View Stateroom: $2,049 pp, 3rd or 4th guest FREE

So basically they doubled the price then cut 50% off, and call it a sale?:confused:

I was excited about the 3rd or 4th guest sail FREE sale. But, when I checked the cruise on Freedom Of The Seas in this summer, I got,

So basically they doubled the price then cut 50% off, and call it a sale?:confused:

My boys were excited when they saw the commercial. Sure that they would be coming along with us for my birthday cruise. And I was actually considering it too, but it was way more then "taxes" for them to "sail free". So its just us, sadly.

Not much of a sale, is it? :(

What date???

I haven't seen this in the 2 cruises I've been tracking for September.

For example Allure on Sept 25th

2 person cabin is $1736.50

4 person cabin is $2181

($228.50 is the tax and the rest is because you can't book 4 in the least expensive cabin)

Yeah, you need to make sure cabin categories are identical when comparing a 2 vs 4 booking.

There were some general price increases on some cabins a few days before the sale, and quite a number of increases a few days after the sale started. The second increase round was likely based on demand.

That said, there are still plenty of good deals out there. They just might not be a match for the ship and sail dates you want.

What date???

I haven't seen this in the 2 cruises I've been tracking for September.

For example Allure on Sept 25th

2 person cabin is $1736.50

4 person cabin is $2181

($228.50 is the tax and the rest is because you can't book 4 in the least expensive cabin)

June 8th. Raising the price before the sale is bad. But this case is even worse. RCCL dynamically changes the price based on the number of guests to cancel out most of the sale.:(

Dont know where your figures are coming from

Here is what I found

Cat I for 2 is $1099 each , $2429 for the cabin

Cat H for 4 is $1536 each, $3535 for the cabin

Can you go May 11th , $2461 for 4 total

Edited by SeaUs

I have found three cruises in December at literally 4 for 2. I just came off of FOS and paid just over $3,300 for two in a JS hump. For this coming Dec. I am able to get a JS for 4 with pullout sofa (not on hump...they don't have pullouts on hump JS) but very close to elevators for the same price...7 nights for both. Also, another in Dec. for just over 3600. Quantum has a 10-day in Dec. JS for 4 for just under 4K. Just keep looking. :)

As TBone2K said, you need to port fees and taxes for the 3rd and 4th guest regardless if they sale free on the cruise., plus gratuities. Port fees can be quite high depending on the ports and country.

gratuities are not included in any cruise fare so I don't know why you bring it up

As TBone2K said, you need to port fees and taxes for the 3rd and 4th guest regardless if they sale free on the cruise., plus gratuities. Port fees can be quite high depending on the ports and country.

That's why I did not even include the port fees and taxes in my original post.

I recently had the very same experience.

I was trying to book two cabins. It appeared that RCI had the number of quads severely limited. Daily price changes from $1400 (4 people) to $1800 were common.

I abandoned my RCI attempts and quickly booked on NCL for $1230.00 (4 people) and was able to get 2 rooms without any issue.

My TA commented that something was fishy. She had never had so much trouble booking two rooms before. But as the terms say it's capacity controlled so they clearly didn't want us to have two rooms and 8 guests for the same price as 4. I'm ok with that it's their business and I spoke with my money.

That's why I did not even include the port fees and taxes in my original post.

My parents thought the same as you when we booked the cruise but the TA explained the port fees and taxes.

SeaUs - I mentioned because someone else mentioned it before I did (TBone2K also mentioned gratuities extra) - people may think sail FREE and not pay gratuities.

I have found three cruises in December at literally 4 for 2. I just came off of FOS and paid just over $3,300 for two in a JS hump. For this coming Dec. I am able to get a JS for 4 with pullout sofa (not on hump...they don't have pullouts on hump JS) but very close to elevators for the same price...7 nights for both. Also, another in Dec. for just over 3600. Quantum has a 10-day in Dec. JS for 4 for just under 4K. Just keep looking. :)

Must have something to do with the date. Summer is a peak season and they do not have peoblem to sell the cabin at higher price.

A friend booked a Oct curise on Allure, inside cabin for 4, for $2k including taxes and fees. It is $1k lower than the previous sale price.

The "sale" is a complete joke. I had been looking at an Oasis cruise in July, then saw this sale and got excited about it.

Until I priced it and it came back $1,400 higher than before the sale for the exact same sailing and room.

This kind of "sale" is illegal in many places.

I have had amaZing success with this sale. We were booking on Explorer - prices for a D1 were $1149/pp before the sale at the end of Feb. When the sale started they were $1149/pp, but now with guests 3 & 4 free. THEN, I snagged the last RFS, and was able to pay $2299/pp, but guests 3-8 all sailed free. So we got the RFS for almost the exact same price as two balconies.

I guess it just depends what you're looking for and when.

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Worked great for us. We were booked on the FOS for the end of May in an inside 3 person cabin. We cancelled and rebooked under new promo with 3ppl in a Deluxe balcony cabin for the same price. But shhh, don't tell my wife and daughter, this is a surprise for when they get onboard.

:D:D

The "sale" is a complete joke. I had been looking at an Oasis cruise in July, then saw this sale and got excited about it.

Until I priced it and it came back $1,400 higher than before the sale for the exact same sailing and room.

This kind of "sale" is illegal in many places.

Supply and demand. There are lots of cruises that are still the same price now as before and with 3rd and 4th free. You just have to look for them

Worked great for us. We were booked on the FOS for the end of May in an inside 3 person cabin. We cancelled and rebooked under new promo with 3ppl in a Deluxe balcony cabin for the same price. But shhh, don't tell my wife and daughter, this is a surprise for when they get onboard.

:D:D

WTG...They're going to be so suprised!!! A number of years back, I attempted to do this. We had back to back cruises booked (different ships) and the price of the second week kept dropping to the point I was able to upgrade from an inside to a balcony facing off the rear of the ship for $40 pp more. I booked it and saved it as a surprise. Unfortunately, the surprise was "ruined" in week one when the LA was notifying the LA on the next ship that we would be changing C&A status with the completion of the first week cruise. She looked up our cabin on the second week to include in the email and made mention that we had an awesome balcony cabin. My other half looked at me and I said "surprise"....lol. I know the LA felt bad, but it wasn't her fault...how was she to know. We still had an awesome 2 weeks.

The day the promotion came out, I researched a 4 day cruise to Cozumel and found it wasn't exactly as advertised for the sailing I was looking for on any date. As soon as I changed the number of guest from 2 to 4 the fare increased by about $100 per person. Then when you added the taxes and port charges it was only a little bit cheaper than booking two separate cabins.