No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises

I really hope you are right b/c when I log into my account it is showing I only get $250 instead of $350 balcony discount on a 7 night cruise which makes no sense!! Wish they would get this all fixed and let us know what is really going on

hopefully it's just a glitch.

I really hope you are right b/c when I log into my account it is showing I only get $250 instead of $350 balcony discount on a 7 night cruise which makes no sense!! Wish they would get this all fixed and let us know what is really going on

It's always been $250 on a 7 night cruise. :confused:

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Edited by cruisenfever

why should someone who's been loyal to royal for many years (Diamond plus member lets say for example) get the same discount and benefits as someone who's only cruise with royal once (lets say gold member). please explain your logic to me because I would love to hear that.

Gold doesn't get balcony discounts. Only Platinum and above.

All this is making my head hurt:p. I just canceled two cruises, and I'm not booking anymore till this is settled. (If then)

We will sail for DDs graduation (we've got all the "old" deals on the invoice and a great aft cabin we could book because it holds three) I bought an Open Booking in Feb, thinking of sailing Nov 2015 , booking once itineraries were released, but not sure that it will get used, since I won't be booking, because my head hurts and I don't want to argue, fight, pray, or get 3 different answers about what to expect when I call to book. But sounds like I can transfer it to my mom who likes to go with her neighbors from FL. Hey, it says right on there; "give them as a gift!" I think I've got Mother's Day covered now:D

Edited by Familygoboston

All this is making my head hurt:p. I just canceled two cruises, and I'm not booking anymore till this is settled. (If then)

We will sail for DDs graduation (we've got all the "old" deals on the invoice and a great aft cabin we could book because it holds three) I bought an Open Booking in Feb, thinking of sailing Nov 2015 , booking once itineraries were released, but not sure that it will get used, since I won't be booking, because my head hurts and I don't want to argue, fight, pray, or get 3 different answers about what to expect when I call to book. But sounds like I can transfer it to my mom who likes to go with her neighbors from FL. Hey, it says right on there; "give them as a gift!" I think I've got Mother's Day covered now:D

I'm right there with you. I'm so frustrated with Royal Caribbean than I'm booking two all inclusies next year and our only cruise with Princess or Celebrity (actually that wouldn't show them if I book with a cruise line they own :rolleyes:), but I'm just fed up with all the back and forth and cutbacks. It's exhausting and annoying. I used to be obsessed with Royal Caribbean... never thought I'd see the day when we changed cruise lines... but 14 years later... it looks like it is happening.

What cruises did you cancel? Was it because of all of the recent "changes" or unrelated?

I booked 5 cabins last night for friends on a 4 night Brilliance cruise.......they ALL got their balcony discount........

While the OBC from NCs(or whatever the word of the day is) may be gone for short cruises,doesn't appear balcony discounts are..

I booked 5 cabins last night for friends on a 4 night Brilliance cruise.......they ALL got their balcony discount........

While the OBC from NCs(or whatever the word of the day is) may be gone for short cruises,doesn't appear balcony discounts are..

Check out your Tier Level Page under C&A and see what it says. On ours there is no balcony discount for 3-5 night cruises any more.

Check out your Tier Level Page under C&A and see what it says. On ours there is no balcony discount for 3-5 night cruises any more.

We are Diamond and just yesterday I booked a 5 night cruise on the Liberty for next month (Apr 21st). The balcony discount for a D2 cabin was $100. When I combined the balcony discount with the senior discount on this, it was such a deal that I could not resist.... :D

Before I call and potentially mess up OBC's and balcony discounts for the short cruises I've already booked, has anyone actually been able to get the increased balcony discount amount applied to an existing reservation? I have a FOS cruise coming up in May, and I'd like to get the extra $25, but not if it messes up the discount on a 3-night EN cruise we have scheduled for July.

Before I call and potentially mess up OBC's and balcony discounts for the short cruises I've already booked, has anyone actually been able to get the increased balcony discount amount applied to an existing reservation? I have a FOS cruise coming up in May, and I'd like to get the extra $25, but not if it messes up the discount on a 3-night EN cruise we have scheduled for July.

The new balcony discounts and OBC are effective for all cruises booked on or after March 15, 2014. Essentially, for "new bookings" only.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes it's true, the balcony discount is still being applied to new bookings. However, it is at the "old" levels. Not the rates shown on the current C & A pages. I made a ressie for my friend who is Platinum, on a 8 night cruise in November, and it was only $100. Not the $250 the pages show now.

We're not disputing that the balcony discounts are still being applied, we're concerned that the C & A benefit page no longer lists this discount for 3-5 night cruises. Also concerned that it shows an increased discount amount for all tiers except D+ & P. The fact that they're still being applied could simply be a RCCL IT issue. Although I'm sure that's shocking because that NEVER happens. :rolleyes:

Edited by yj2cute

We're not disputing that the balcony discounts are still being applied, we're concerned that the C & A benefit page no longer lists this discount. The fact that they're still being applied could simply be a RCCL IT issue. Although I'm sure that's shocking because that NEVER happens. :rolleyes:

Yup. when I got up this morning and found the page still the same as last night, one would think Royal would shut the page down while under possible construction or this is the real new balcony discounts!!:eek:

The new balcony discounts and OBC are effective for all cruises booked on or after March 15, 2014. Essentially, for "new bookings" only.

Thanks Patti. That saves me an hour of phone time, a massive headache, and 3-4 completely different WAG responses from RCL:D