I am FED UP!

In case anyone wants to read a solution :)

Call customer service (yes, wait on hold) tell them you were booking online but didn't get a booking number although it charged your card. Give them the ship, sail date and your name and they can look up the booking. There is a booking, trust me. If the card was charged, its out there.

If they can't find it that way, have them send you to Resolutions and Resolutions can search by your credit card number. They can then refund the extra money if you'd like.

Look at that: the issue will be solved.

Debit cards don't carry the same "features" in terms of fraud prevention, loss protection, and security as credit cards. That's not new either.

Not always the case. Our new debit cards do have fraud prevention, zero liability, and the same warranty extension benefits that credit cards have. However they of course do still suffer the age old issue of authorization holds placed on funds. I do wish the industry could find a better way.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

Not always the case. Our new debit cards do have fraud prevention, zero liability, and the same warranty extension benefits that credit cards have. However they of course do still suffer the age old issue of authorization holds placed on funds. I do wish the industry could find a better way.

Respectfully disagree.

Debit cards are not identical to credit cards in terms of the risk and how fraud is handled.

Sorry...but I work daily with that industry...and debit cards are simply one of the highest known risks for using toward online purchases/charges. The protection to the user is not as strong nor will financial institutions "go to bat" for you with fraud charges in the same manner. There are some cases where the customer takes a loss, depending on how the fraud was reported, how much time passed prior to the report, and the merchant used. Most issuers limit the losses though...but people should read the fine print of their debit card agreement.

Since the money is debited from your deposit accounts in a pretty quick manner, recovering those funds is extremely difficult if there is fraud involved. Furthermore, fraud merchants are regularly set up overseas posing as US operations, and they are nearly impossible to police.

For those and many more reasons the conventional wisdom that nearly any bank will tell their customers is "don't use debit cards online if you don't know the company well". Furthermore, most will have policies that limit their liability when used for online purchases and the effort and timeframes used to recover the losses. Some others will go further in helping their customers, but that's the exception and not the rule.

There are protections for debit card users, but how they are executed is an entirely different experience because of the association to deposit accounts.

The recent Target fiasco demonstrated this...many debit card users experienced far more headaches and longer wait times to get their accounts replaced than their credit card brethren.

One of the emerging practices is for issuers to have "fees" for fraud recovery for online purchases (only). That may become a bigger trend...right now only a few folks are doing it.

In the case of the OP...once the charges were made...regardless of user error or technical error...it takes time to get those cleared in terms of placing a "hold" on the depository funds. That's to protect the financial institution from loss as much as it is the customer.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Yikes that doesnt sound good. i agree with other posters I wouldnt let a computer glitch ruin my thoughs about a cruise line. computers are a pain in the butt.

Also I would never use a debit card online , Only a credit card, Credit card companies seem to help you out more in situations like this

OP-I'm sure if you call and contact someone, this glitch could be worked out since the money was deducted from your account. [and it seems more then should have been:eek:]

It is time to quietly move on and I'm not being sarcastic-will probably enjoy your NCL cruise. There are many vacation options out there that are just as good as RCCL.

When posting here, on this forum-kind of hard to get any sympathy. If you are D+ and your CL perk gets removed-hell hath no fury and your complaint would rally the troops. Have money debited out of your account and no cruise reservation to show for it, be on hold for 90 minutes trying to rectify the situation.... how dare you complain!!!

Your post made me laugh becuase it is so spot on.

Yikes that doesnt sound good. i agree with other posters I wouldnt let a computer glitch ruin my thoughs about a cruise line. computers are a pain in the butt.

Also I would never use a debit card online , Only a credit card, Credit card companies seem to help you out more in situations like this

Yup...yup...and YUP!

Spot on.