I am FED UP!

I just tried to book a cruise on Independence Of The Seas for next year and I am so D@MN upset.

I had the perfect cabin and price picked out so I went to reserve the cruise. I was so enthused. I entered all the info and hit confirm. The same page (before it gives you a reservation number) came up again except it showed me having a negative balance :confused:. I clicked on MyCruises and it gave me the "no C&A info can be retrieved" and "No reservations found" messages. I didn't get an email confirmation, so I know it didn't go through.

Bottom line, it did not make a reservation, but took the cabin and charged by debit card $1,500 (THREE TIMES the amount it was supposed to charge).

Well all the darn changes going on I thought I should book before anything else changed and got screwed.

The best part, I've been on hold for over 90 minutes trying to get a customer svc agent. I'm done. As soon as I get this money back, Norwegian here I come.

Ugh, debit cards are such a PITA when there is an issue. Sorry for your frustration; hope it gets sorted out quickly and that it is a distant memory by the time you go cruise.

I have learned this the hard way. I should have used my American Express. Thank you for the support.

I know you're upst and can understand why.

There are so many good things about RCCL, but there web site appears to have many problems.(at least. I read about the many complaints)

Give RCCL another chance . after this problem resolved. They are wonderful ships

Good Luck

While the Royal website can be a hot mess at times, no one should use debit cards unless they need to withdraw money from an ATM.

I avoid using mine, and specifically asked my wife to do so after the Target breach. Even if/when the US moves to chip and pin that won't fix vendor double charges like you are seeing.

With those cards tied directly to your bank account, screwups like this not to mention having the card number stolen can lead to serious problems that take awhile to fix. While they are being fixed, you could find yourself out serious amounts of money.

I realize some people can't or don't like having credit cards, but at least when they are breached/errors are made it doesn't cause you immediate loss of funds. If you do any sort of travelling, especially the type that takes you out of the country, a credit card is almost a must have (and yes I see you have one).

Edited by JasonV1

OP-I'm sure if you call and contact someone, this glitch could be worked out since the money was deducted from your account. [and it seems more then should have been:eek:]

It is time to quietly move on and I'm not being sarcastic-will probably enjoy your NCL cruise. There are many vacation options out there that are just as good as RCCL.

When posting here, on this forum-kind of hard to get any sympathy. If you are D+ and your CL perk gets removed-hell hath no fury and your complaint would rally the troops. Have money debited out of your account and no cruise reservation to show for it, be on hold for 90 minutes trying to rectify the situation.... how dare you complain!!!

I've only booked one of my cruises using the website. It was the Fall 2012 Indy transatlantic and I booked it in March of 2012. Didn't have any problems that time. It was quick, simple and easy. The convenience of the phone is hard to pass on though. I know what I'm doing and do all my checks on the website but I've found things go smoothly and are double checked when done over the phone so I use that for all my bookings. Last month I booked the Jewel the day her 2015 itineraries opened up and got right through. Maybe I'm just getting lucky but with the exception of the morning Quantum opening up I rarely wait more than 5 minutes.

With the amount of trouble people have on the website lately though (and I've had some. One sailing refused to unlock no matter what they did so I couldn't access it at all) I'm now feeling even better about making the call rather than doing it myself. It probably shouldn't be this way, but unfortunately is. They've made great strides in their phone center over the last few years. Just 2 years ago I would not have been saying this about that group. It is interesting though that the phone support getting better does line up with the website going down hill. Maybe funding is being switched around?

Edited by DEIx15x8

1st world problems! On a positive note, if this is your biggest issue of the day then it's a pretty good day.

You will have a great time on either line, but keep in mind mistakes can happen on any ship and with any line. I'm sure if you head over to Norwegian you'll also find people who have encountered issues. They happen everywhere!

Whatever you decide...relax, take a deep breath, and keep the bigger picture in mind. In the grand scheme of life, it's not that big of a deal.

Enjoy your NCL cruise.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I must be a very lucky person. In all the cruises we've taken with RCCL (never have cruised with any other line), I've never had any issues either calling RCCL or on-board EXCEPT on our last cruise I demagnitized my Seapass card because I threw it in a bag with my cell phone (which I use to take pictures since its camera has 13 megapixels).

All I can say to those people who complain all the time is maybe it's time to jump ship (pun intended) and go elsewhere (however, a suggestion would be to stay off Carnival ships because their solution to their engine problems is to strap a generator onto the top deck of their ships). :rolleyes:

Good luck to the OP!

OP-I

When posting here, on this forum-kind of hard to get any sympathy. If you are D+ and your CL perk gets removed-hell hath no fury and your complaint would rally the troops. Have money debited out of your account and no cruise reservation to show for it, be on hold for 90 minutes trying to rectify the situation.... how dare you complain!!!

Ding Ding Ding…BINGO we have a winner !!!!

I've been frequenting these boards whenever we have a cruise planned since 02. I have noticed in the past year or so there is very LITTLE tolerance for those that have issues with RCI. Understandable since it is a RCI forum, but the amount and volume of snide and rude comments, IMHO, certainly has increased from when I began reading these boards.

There are a few folks on here, you know who you are :-), that give absolutely great advice without the rude or sarcastic tone, and there are a few folks, yes you know who you are as well :-), that just can't help themselves by bashing someone before they give their sage and all knowing advice.

Quoting a famous line from many years ago, …"Can't we all just get along."

Just my 2 1/2 cent observation.

While the Royal website can be a hot mess at times, no one should use debit cards unless they need to withdraw money from an ATM.

Agree in terms of debit cards not really being intended for online purchases. Many sites now won't even accept them anymore and/or discourage their use for online purchases.

I have heard countless news stories and read numerous articles on this very same point.

Debit cards don't carry the same "features" in terms of fraud prevention, loss protection, and security as credit cards. That's not new either.

I just got off the norwegian getaway, my first norwegian cruise after Disney and rci. Royal carribean beats norwegian!!! I was on hold for over 2 hrs trying to change a show that they changed times on me and then, was accidentally hung up on! Things happen! We are people! But RCI doesn't Nicole and dime you like NCL does, IMO!!

I try not to let any cruiseline's reservation system determine the cruises I take. As far as Royal and Celebrity go, I only use the website for cabin selection and 24 hour holds. On another note, I heard from a friend of a friend whose mother's third cousin's step daughter sailed NCL Epic and found the dinners are too long, balconies are too short, and the ship is too crowded. Have fun though. :D

Edited by Big_G

I just tried to book a cruise on Independence Of The Seas for next year and I am so D@MN upset.

I had the perfect cabin and price picked out so I went to reserve the cruise. I was so enthused. I entered all the info and hit confirm. The same page (before it gives you a reservation number) came up again except it showed me having a negative balance :confused:. I clicked on MyCruises and it gave me the "no C&A info can be retrieved" and "No reservations found" messages. I didn't get an email confirmation, so I know it didn't go through.

Bottom line, it did not make a reservation, but took the cabin and charged by debit card $1,500 (THREE TIMES the amount it was supposed to charge).

Well all the darn changes going on I thought I should book before anything else changed and got screwed.

The best part, I've been on hold for over 90 minutes trying to get a customer svc agent. I'm done. As soon as I get this money back, Norwegian here I come.

I'll give you a little bit of that sympathy you're looking for because I've had problems with booking RCI cruises lately too. My most recent was applying a NextCruise reservation to a cruise this past weekend. They told me the advertised price was for new reservations only and therefore couldn't be applied to a NextCruise. Huh!!?? After 45 minutes of back and forth and being placed on hold, Resolutions told me the booking agent was wrong and I got the advertised price.

But on the other hand, have you cruised NCL before? I would think that if you are fed up with RCI, you should take a step up or at least sideways, not a step down. My opinion, of course.

Instead of calling customer service, call and connect to the vacation planner option. Usually not on hold long at all there.

I just got off the norwegian getaway, my first norwegian cruise after Disney and rci. Royal carribean beats norwegian!!! I was on hold for over 2 hrs trying to change a show that they changed times on me and then, was accidentally hung up on! Things happen! We are people! But RCI doesn't Nicole and dime you like NCL does, IMO!!

They should fire Nicole if she is going to hang up on you!:eek:;):p

Gotta love autocorrect.

Ding Ding Ding…BINGO we have a winner !!!!

I've been frequenting these boards whenever we have a cruise planned since 02. I have noticed in the past year or so there is very LITTLE tolerance for those that have issues with RCI. Understandable since it is a RCI forum, but the amount and volume of snide and rude comments, IMHO, certainly has increased from when I began reading these boards.

There are a few folks on here, you know who you are :-), that give absolutely great advice without the rude or sarcastic tone, and there are a few folks, yes you know who you are as well :-), that just can't help themselves by bashing someone before they give their sage and all knowing advice.

Quoting a famous line from many years ago, …"Can't we all just get along."

Just my 2 1/2 cent observation.

I feel the same. I lurked on these boards for a long time just soaking up good information and tips. I have noticed for awhile that whenever someone says something unflattering to RCI they get attacked. I don't know if this happens on other threads, I only read this one. Why are people hostile? I was taught long ago that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. No need to clog threads with non helpful hostility. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We don't all have to agree. I may get attacked for this too, but that's now I feel.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We don't all have to agree.

Right. You have a right to your opinion. And everyone else has a right to their opinion ABOUT your opinion. They don't have to agree with it. And they have the right to say so.

See how that works?

This is one of the reasons I use my local, real, travel agent. She's the one who has to deal with RCI, not me. If there are any problems with payment, she deals with RCI, not me. Just food for thought.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is one of the reasons I use my local, real, travel agent. She's the one who has to deal with RCI, not me. If there are any problems with payment, she deals with RCI, not me. Just food for thought.

where is the like button!!:D