Which Deck Should We Choose on Oasis

After much research, we have decided be love the hump cabins (D1) on Oasis that offer a little more room on the balcony. The next daunting task is which deck to choose. Is there one better than the others? Is it better to be closer to all the action, or are those cabins noisier? Please share your thoughts!

Thanks!

We have been on Oasis class several times. Deck 8 is nice but deck 6 is also very good (and deck 7 as long as you aren't towards the aft elevators). Deck 6 is closer to the promenade and on the same deck as the boardwalk. We stayed on both and really either is very nice. I would probably go with 8 again only because we got more exercise climbing the 3 flights to deck 8 from the promenade all the time. This allowed me not to gain as much weight as otherwise. If you don't want to climb stairs as much I would go with 6. Regardless of what some say, we experienced many times when the elevators were crowded and it can be a bit of a wait for them during peak hours (dinner times, etc.). So if you need the elevators or don't want to climb stairs deck 6 is a better choice in my mind.

We really enjoyed cabin 12214, and selected that specific cabin for a reason tied to our anniversary.

Deck 12, cabin 214. A great port view and deck 12 was a super location for numerous reasons including view, easy access to elevators and activities, and quiet.

Enjoy!

They are all good except deck 14.

I would love to hear your opinion on deck 14. Will be staying in 14726 very soon. I understand the possibility of noise from the various activities, etc. on deck 15, depending on what your specific stateroom may be directly underneath. Is that it? My main concern is the deck 15 overhang causing a balcony with no sun and/or an obstructed view.

Slightly concerned, but still very happy for the opportunity to be cruising on Oasis.

I'm a fan of any deck with cabins directly above and below me - no noise of scraping deck chairs from above or club noise from below. Also consider which side you want - port or starboard - on port days, do you want to look over the port or toward the sea? Do you want sunrise on most days or sunset?

D1 on deck 8 was the quietest and best located cabin we've ever had. No cabins across the hall and more pax using Central Park for walking through made for very low foot traffic in the hallway.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great to hear about deck 8 and the other recommendations for deck 7

I just booked a D1 for Christmas 2015 on deck 8 and a D8 with a promenade cabin across the hall for spring 2016.

Another vote for deck 8. Be aware that on deck 7, you cannot cross from one elevator bank to the other side at the aft elevators. There is no passageway from the port to starboard side (at the rear elevators). They had to do this to allow for the entryway to Boardwalk on deck 6

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you. I always like to be as high as possible because it is closest to the pool and sports deck, and I feel like I can see farther from a higher one.

I can say I would rather be on "13" since I am on 13 anyway and they just call it 14 because 13 is *is an unlucky number*:confused:

Edited by Oasis Of The Seas Expert