Any luck buying Princess transfers at the airport?

Traveller94

Hi,

We got a last minute deal on the Caribbean Princess out of a Houston. I got a flight in to IAH. I knew it was farther, but with last minute flights, you can't be too picky. After getting the flight I went online to buy transfers, but I didn't have that option, so I called. The representative told me that transfers must be purchased at least 12 days prior to the cruise and I was too late to buy them. She then went on to say that I could ask the Princess rep at the airport and I might be able to get the transfers on the spot, if they had room. This seems a bit chancy, but the transfers are a lot cheaper than a taxi. Does anyone have experience successfully (or not) purchasing a transfer at the airport?

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi,

We got a last minute deal on the Caribbean Princess out of a Houston. I got a flight in to IAH. I knew it was farther, but with last minute flights, you can't be too picky. After getting the flight I went online to buy transfers, but I didn't have that option, so I called. The representative told me that transfers must be purchased at least 12 days prior to the cruise and I was too late to buy them. She then went on to say that I could ask the Princess rep at the airport and I might be able to get the transfers on the spot, if they had room. This seems a bit chancy, but the transfers are a lot cheaper than a taxi. Does anyone have experience successfully (or not) purchasing a transfer at the airport?

Thanks,

Stacy

Find the rep in baggage claim, she may be able to add you too the list and they will charge your onboard account.

My son did this recently.

I wouldn't guarantee it, BUT I worked for Princess many years ago at the airport, and we had lots of pax ask to buy transfers the day of. We just ran more coaches to/from the port to accommodate and were happy to do it. Do have a back-up plan, though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wouldn't guarantee it, BUT I worked for Princess many years ago at the airport, and we had lots of pax ask to buy transfers the day of. We just ran more coaches to/from the port to accommodate and were happy to do it. Do have a back-up plan, though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's great news! Thanks!