Constellation

pamcdon

Has anyone sailed on the Constellation lately?

Some reviews haven't been too good.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Forums mobile app

We sailed on Connie for a Black Sea and Greek Island cruise last September/Oct.

The ship, crew, entertainment, service, food, etc was great.

When you read the negative review, try to find what SPECIFIC items the reviewer states. Some reviews you can take as more emotional, since the negative items don't amount to much. Still, on others, you have to remember that it is hard to please everyone.

The reviews that concern me are the ones where there is mold (not cleaned up) in the shower, dirty carpets, bathroom flooding, etc.

We have never encountered that on the Connie or any X ship. We have cruised the Connie twice.

I've been on her twice in the last three months and will be again in December. Blu was disappointing this last time, but everything else was fine. Of course, I'm addressing only the things important to me. Others might have problems with things important to them. 2015 is a ways off, so lots can change in the interim

Edited by BosoxI

Did a B2B on Connie in February. Almost everything was perfect during our stay - great food and service - BUT WE DID NOT LIKE THE LOUD MUSIC IN THE ATRIUM.

The company has removed the "a cappella" group and the string quartet is gone. In their place is a Miami DJ who sets his speakers and amp near Al Capacio (sp) coffee shop with thump - thump music? blaring out during embarkation (and other times throughout the cruise). It was quite annoying to us.

On an up note, the HD told us that the CD has ordered Audio Meters for a more objective evaluation of noise levels.

I have sailed on the Connie 4 previous times, and I have 3 more cruises booked on her. She is, by far, my favorite Celebrity ship. Always a great staff and crew! The ship was "Solsticized - Part II) a year ago, so I am looking forward to seeing the changes - addition of Blu, the cabins on Deck 11, and the new OV's on Deck 3.

Reviews are so subjective and, as others have noted, so often target specific areas that affected the reviewer. Others on the same cruise may have had no problems. There is not a bad cruise! Some are just better than others!! :D

I was on the Connie this past Feburary (So 2/14) and found her to be superb. There were areas where she was showing her age, if you were to look with a fine toothed comb that is. But we found her excellent for our tastes.

Loud music is subjective- I mention it because it seems that there has been a rash of complaints on this and the 'action' at the martini bar. We did not hang around the atrium much at night but were in the area of the martini bar and Michaels which did both get quite lively at night. Laughter, etc. Personally, I wouldn't say more than 1-2 people were quite obviously over their limits. Everyone else was just having a good time.

She was our first foray into X, and since being on her we have 3 more X cruises booked. And as soon as 2016 comes out, we will have a 4th...

We were on the Connie 3/1/14 - western Caribbean - booked aqua spa class cabin and we loved it. Blu was great for dinner but we never had breakfast there. This was our first Celebrity cruise, having cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean in the past. While on the ship, we booked for March 2015 on the Reflection and looking forward to it.

Our balcony cabin - 9106 - was fabulous - great view and loved the location. cabin was just around the corner from the stairs up to the lido deck. Great location on a nice ship. The Martini bar was good - only complaint is that the bartenders seemed stressed - not sure why because IMO the number of customers was not unlike a normal bar. Other than that, it was a good ship.

I was on for a 5 day earlier this month and I loved it. Food was great, service good, entertainment great. I thought the ship was in great shape. You will have a great time. Planning on another Celebrity cruise next February!

Did a B2B on Connie in February. Almost everything was perfect during our stay - great food and service - BUT WE DID NOT LIKE THE LOUD MUSIC IN THE ATRIUM.

The company has removed the "a cappella" group and the string quartet is gone. In their place is a Miami DJ who sets his speakers and amp near Al Capacio (sp) coffee shop with thump - thump music? blaring out during embarkation (and other times throughout the cruise). It was quite annoying to us.

On an up note, the HD told us that the CD has ordered Audio Meters for a more objective evaluation of noise levels.

We had the same experience on the March 3rd sailing. Having shirtless beer drinkers in their bathing suits in Rendezvous during boat drill gave us a totally different view of Constellation than our previous two months on board from October to December.

Although we enjoyed our five days on board, the loud music dictated by Miami is a total turn off. I hope the decibel readers will return the volume to safe levels. This problem did not exist on longer voyages.

We had the same experience on the March 3rd sailing. Having shirtless beer drinkers in their bathing suits in Rendezvous during boat drill gave us a totally different view of Constellation than our previous two months on board from October to December.

Although we enjoyed our five days on board, the loud music dictated by Miami is a total turn off. I hope the decibel readers will return the volume to safe levels. This problem did not exist on longer voyages.

Ah, yes, the shirtless beer drinkers were on the March 8 trip, too. Funny how young men think that's going to attract even a college age girl, none of whom seemed to be paying the least attention. As to the loud music, I must admit I didn't notice it, and, believe me, I would have hated it had I noticed.