Do you participate in the Sailaway threads? Why or why not?

CowPrincess

I only get a chance to drop in and out because in our time zone the sailaways fall over supper hour.

However, there is a Maasdam sailing on Friday that I won't miss. I think I might recognise a balcony full of people. ;). Great fun. :D

Me too!

I actually bought speakers for my computer so I could hear the horns. I don't get there for every sailaway, but I have had 2 webcam waves since the November cruise where I was on deck for the wave beside Chief and Candy and Retdon.

I have peeked into the HAL Sailaway threads a few times, and people really seem to have a good time :D Looks like there is a fairly large group of devotees, and lots of commentary from the participants.

I don't participate ever, because I can't get the cams to work properly for me (old computer, not-great internet service). I probably would if I could get the cams to work adquately for me.

So I'm wondering -- do you or don't you participate in them, and why? Or why not?

I participate when I have the time because I love to watch them.

I like watching ships sail away - and arriving. Yes, this morning I was up at 6:00 am and I took a peek at the ships arriving in Port Everglades! Hey, when I am on a ship I am usually up to experience the sail-in on the upper decks.

And when I have a chance to shoot the breeze with other cruise addicts, I have a good time. :D

I do the same thing when I am on a ship.

I only get a chance to drop in and out because in our time zone the sailaways fall over supper hour.

However, there is a Maasdam sailing on Friday that I won't miss. I think I might recognise a balcony full of people. ;). Great fun. :D

sorry - I won't be on that sail a way thread - I'll be on the balcony waving with our cc friends :)

Yes it is - thanks B. Right now I am making last minute name tags for the Meet and Greet - I think our numbers will be around 50. Tomorrow we pack - Wednesday we head to FL and a meet up with your NB neighbours and Florida friends!! Let the fun begin! Gosh I wish you and K were on board with us!!!

Yes it is - thanks B. Right now I am making last minute name tags for the Meet and Greet - I think our numbers will be around 50. Tomorrow we pack - Wednesday we head to FL and a meet up with your NB neighbours and Florida friends!! Let the fun begin! Gosh I wish you and K were on board with us!!!

I'll be with you in spirit. I'll wave to you. :D Have a wonderful time.

Edited by sapper1

Good to know...I will try to pay more attention if you have questions! Trouble is the pages scroll by with everyone making just about the same comments...me included. :eek:

No harm done, I know in that flurry of excitement, a stray comment or question can be easy to miss........it is just a lot of fun to watch the sailings, actually......

If it is a really important question, I would/should probably start a new thread anyway!:)

Semi/quasi related comment...

Does anyone know where I should send my teenage son to watch the ships leave in FLL? Basically he wants to be somewhere near where the hotel Port Everglades webcam is located.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Semi/quasi related comment...

Does anyone know where I should send my teenage son to watch the ships leave in FLL? Basically he wants to be somewhere near where the hotel Port Everglades webcam is located.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

two places come to mind, others will have their own spots. The top of the 17th Street Bridge causeway, there is a sidewalk to get there or in the John LLoyd state park that runs along part of the port on the south east side. You enter the park from Dania and last we went it was a $7 entrance fee. The causeway bridge is free.

two places come to mind, others will have their own spots. The top of the 17th Street Bridge causeway, there is a sidewalk to get there or in the John LLoyd state park that runs along part of the port on the south east side. You enter the park from Dania and last we went it was a $7 entrance fee. The causeway bridge is free.

Thank you so much.