Specialty restaurant in-suite dining

Travelcat2

We will be staying in a Vista suite when we sail on the Rivera later this year. If we invite a couple to dine with us in our suite, can we order food from the specialty restaurant menu for the four of us? Thanks! I'm still learning the rules that apply when you sail on Oceania.:)

We will be staying in a Vista suite when we sail on the Rivera later this year. If we invite a couple to dine with us in our suite, can we order food from the specialty restaurant menu for the four of us? Thanks! I'm still learning the rules that apply when you sail on Oceania.:)

Yes...

Jancruz1

The answer is yes but you should all order from the same restaurant and advise your butler beforehand.

Orchestrapal,

Are you sure that everything has to come from the same restaurant?

I'm pretty sure on our November cruise we once ordered a dish from Polo and another from Jacques ... but I certainly could be wrong!

Or perhaps our wonderful butler was willing to go the extra mile for us ...

Mura

Orchestrapal,

I'm pretty sure on our November cruise we once ordered a dish from Polo and another from Jacques ... but I certainly could be wrong!

Or perhaps our wonderful butler was willing to go the extra mile for us ...Mura

Maura you are right as we also have done that, however, when there are four people to serve it does become a burden on the butler. When we have had others for dinner we have always managed to order from one place.

Okay, that does make sense. We've never had guests in to dinner. We considered it when we were in a VS on Marina but it never worked out, and in the OC it didn't seem like there was enough room.

Mura

Okay, that does make sense. We've never had guests in to dinner. We considered it when we were in a VS on Marina but it never worked out, and in the OC it didn't seem like there was enough room.

Mura

I don't know what your arrangements might be at home, but I'm getting an impression of MiMi Sheraton on Steroids when you say that you thought that the dining arrangements in the Oceania Suites might be "too tight" for four.

101314.jpg092435.jpg

Inquiring minds want to know, was the concern that the Receiving Line might conflict with the Champagne Fountain, or that the ceiling height is not really conducive to a true flambé?

20130808-262265-sabatinos-baked-alaska-baking.jpg

I don't know what your arrangements might be at home, but I'm getting an impression of MiMi Sheraton on Steroids when you say that you thought that the dining arrangements in the Oceania Suites might be "too tight" for four.

:D It's just that we're used to keeping our 72" table at home open just for the two of us. And that circular table seemed to be crowded enough with our food, let alone another couple's! We just like more space, I guess.

The table in the VS seemed larger ... but maybe that's just my recollection which could be faulty.

Mura

The table in the VS seemed larger ... but maybe that's just my recollection which could be faulty.

I believe that the Vista Suite dining tables are larger, and the dining area certainly is...

143846.jpgalthough, with a Butler serving course by course, a party of four should be quite comfortable in either Suite.

• 2 weeks later...
Orchestrapal,

Or perhaps our wonderful butler was willing to go the extra mile for us ...

Mura

In November on the Riveria it was that way. You used to be able to do this but it's changed. At least that is what my TA told us the Oceania policy is now, and she should know, she pretty much knows everything, and if she doesn't her Mother does.

Or maybe you're right about your butler.