British isles on "silhouette"????

Chuck

Hello to all; Has anyone done the British Isles on the Silhouette??? I would love to hear the "Pros and Cons" of the entire experience. From the ship itself to the actual iteniary etc. Is the sky suite worth the extra dollars??? Hope to hear from you as my family thinks "we gotta do this one". I told them to hold their horses before we take the plunge.

We have not yet done the British Isles itinerary, but we have been on the Silhouette. We have been on three Solstice class vessels (Solstice, Eclipse and Silhouette), and to date the Silhouette was our favourite. We loved the addition of The Porch to the lawn area, and although we did not try The Lawn Club Grill we heard very good things from our fellow travellers. We thought the service and food on Silhouette were excellent, in fact even better then the always great service and food we are used to on Celebrity.

Hello to all; Has anyone done the British Isles on the Silhouette??? I would love to hear the "Pros and Cons" of the entire experience. From the ship itself to the actual iteniary etc. Is the sky suite worth the extra dollars??? Hope to hear from you as my family thinks "we gotta do this one". I told them to hold their horses before we take the plunge.

I was honestly a little bit disapointed that Silhouette was assigned to this route for 2015. Was hopeful that an M Class vessel would be doing this again and would cruise from England itself, as we were wanting to spend a few days pre (or) post cruise in the London area. Nothing wrong with Amsterdam, but I'd rather a British Isles cruise depart from... well, a British Isle. ;-)

We had a Sky Suite on the Equinox Fall 2013 TA and thoroughly enjoyed it. The extra space was great with all the extra sea days. Just because we are now a little spoiled, we will probably do a Sky Suite again if we book the British Isles cruise for 2015.

I have been on the Silhouette in the Med and loved it .I am debating between doing the Silhouette in Aug for the 14 day or the 12 day Royal Princess in June. Personally, I do not like the 12 day Silhouette itinerary but not sure how I feel about going in Aug. Most of my Europe travel has been mid May to early July.

We have booked the July 15th sailing so we can attend the British Open. The Silhouette is a magnificent ship and the itinerary looks great. She has become our favorite Celebrity ship. Not sure about the suites but Aqua Class cabins allow access to Blu, which should not be missed. We were scheduled to go on Azamara in July to attend the Open but this one looks much better (and waaay more affordable).

Edited by Wanderlost

I don't think the Silhouette has started the BI cruises yet?

We did the BI cruise on Infinity and it was one of our favorites.

Am doing the Isles out of Harwich in August on the Infinity. I do like the M class ships. Have been the the Silhouette and loved it.

If you go on U Tube and search for Celebrity Sky Suite someone taped the whole room!

Happy Sailing.

• 9 months later...

Hi. Checking around for information on the golf related activities on the July 15 Silhouette cruise. The cruise excursions for golf seem fairly pricey, not sure about the different British Open offers and what you get from a value standpoint that makes one more attractive than the other. Can you buy tix online for the Open and take a cab there and back or is it too far so that the ship 299 dollar excursion is better to do? Also could use advice re golfing in Belfast and Dover on the trip and whether anyone is interested in those venues to get a threesome or foursome together.......

We got off the Silhouette a few weeks ago. We booked the British Isles cruise, May 26th, 2016 on her. We can't wait. We like the itinerary a great deal. We booked Aqua Class. We are traveling with another couple and thought instead of getting separate AQ rooms we would book a Royal, but at the end of the day we decided to go with 2 AQ rooms. I'm not sure what the pricing is for a Sky. If it is only a bit above Aqua, I would do it as you would get the Suite Restaurant, but the problem with Sky is no Michael's Club. I think if you're going to take the plunge for a suite do a Celebrity Suite to get Michael's and the VIP Concierge. Otherwise, I would just do Aqua. You get Blu and a good room location.

Cheers!

Hi,

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship and we love Blu. The British isles cruises sound good to us and we have been to a lot of these ports before. We think you would have a wonderful time.

As for golf, My husband goes to the open every year.

Just type the open 2015 into your search engine and you will see the prices displayed when you select your date. Last year a day was £75.

Where does the ship dock? There are plenty of Scots who post here and they should be able to give you an approximation on taxi prices.

As we live in the UK we would be happy to answer any other questions.

We got off the Silhouette a few weeks ago. We booked the British Isles cruise, May 26th, 2016 on her. We can't wait. We like the itinerary a great deal. We booked Aqua Class. We are traveling with another couple and thought instead of getting separate AQ rooms we would book a Royal, but at the end of the day we decided to go with 2 AQ rooms. I'm not sure what the pricing is for a Sky. If it is only a bit above Aqua, I would do it as you would get the Suite Restaurant, but the problem with Sky is no Michael's Club. I think if you're going to take the plunge for a suite do a Celebrity Suite to get Michael's and the VIP Concierge. Otherwise, I would just do Aqua. You get Blu and a good room location.

Cheers!

Please join the Roll Call it should be a fabulous cruise :D.