Don't book 4 people in an NCL cabin!!

Manatee Mom

I totally understand how the OP feels . I didn't realize our mini suite had a queen size bed made out of two twin beds pushed together and a double sofa bed for our upcoming cruise until After final payment . I was under the impression that we would have the main bed , sofa bed and a pull down bed . Now I know that I should have booked the 2 bedroom mini suite instead :(

some of the cabins on some of the ships do have the couch (not double in my mind) and a pull down bed. It depends on catagory and the ship, but I do hear you.

Agree with the statement that unless kids are really small don't try and fit 4 in a room, rooms are small to begin with.

But if you do decide to do so caveat emptor ...

We put 4 in a cabin when our sons were small. Now that we are older and can afford to spend more we always take a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath suite or book 2 cabins if there are more than just DH and I sailing.

I guess we are going to be cramped on the Peal next month! Although I did book a mini suite, we are 4 adults! Two 50-something's, our 18 yo grandson, and 68 yo aunt. 1st time for them so they should just be happy cuz they're on a cruise - right?

(I have been praying daily for the upgrade/upsell fairy :D )

I guess we are going to be cramped on the Peal next month! Although I did book a mini suite, we are 4 adults! Two 50-something's, our 18 yo grandson, and 68 yo aunt. 1st time for them so they should just be happy cuz they're on a cruise - right?

(I have been praying daily for the upgrade/upsell fairy :D )

I've also been praying for an upsell/upgrade but prices keep going up! :)

We were 5 to a balcony on the Sun (3 smallish children) and while the bedding situation was cozy, the most cramped part of the cabin is right at the front door with the narrow entry, the door to the bathroom and the door to the closet all opening up to the same space. So everyone in those skinny balconies had that same problem, regardless of the bedding arrangement.

I sailed on the Star with this same configuration and it was awful! I can say that it wass the most uncomfortable room I have been in. It was difficult to even get in the darn bed without almost impaling yourself on the darn handles of the trundle bed! Based on my experience I personally would be vewry cautious when booking four to a room on NCL. I agree with the OP that the room sleeping arrangments from NCL are vague and perhaps even deceiving. We made do and certainly didn't it ruin our cruise, but I would avoid this for future cruises!!!

We had this same configuration of beds on the jade I knew this before booking as I Googled it beforehand. We were 3 adults and a 2yo. We were only in the room for naps and bed time and told steward there was no need to change beds to daytime configuration.

We had a grand time and had no issues with room. I would always recommend researching room before booking.

This is the setup we had when we sailed with RCCL. Four of us (11/15/15/adult...three girls and one boy) were in the room. We all absolutely loved it. It felt cozy but never crowded. I would sail with four in an inside again in a heartbeat with that setup.

This setup for insides on NCL is I'd say on the minority side. The BA has insides like this (GA probably too), the Dawn and Star have some on 12 with the newer inside rooms up there, the POA has at least some. The others are the pop up bed that goes between the other two beds unless you have the steward do the U shape that some have posted.

We were lucky enough to book a balcony on our last cruise and that had the double sofa. It seems like most of the inside and oceanview cabins for 4 have this "trundle" bed system on the older ships? We'll be sailing the Jewel. Everyone says, do your research, but where can I get information about what the bedding is in any particular cabin?

We were lucky enough to book a balcony on our last cruise and that had the double sofa. It seems like most of the inside and oceanview cabins for 4 have this "trundle" bed system on the older ships? We'll be sailing the Jewel. Everyone says, do your research, but where can I get information about what the bedding is in any particular cabin?

One way is if you can find a picture or video of your room on that ship. One pay site (small fee) has many and also has youtube links now (or just try youtube if you haven't already).

Which room is it on the Jewel?

One way is if you can find a picture or video of your room on that ship. One pay site (small fee) has many and also has youtube links now (or just try youtube if you haven't already).

Which room is it on the Jewel?

I don't have a specific room in mind, but would like to know if there are any insides/OV that have either double bunks or the double sofa bed so I can plan ahead.

Edited by theloo

I don't have a specific room in mind, but would like to know if there are any insides/OV that have either double bunks or the double sofa bed so I can plan ahead.

I looked at 19 inside and OV rooms on Jewel and none showed two bunks on the wall. One did have a large couch that possibly converted into a bed - it was in a HC room it appeared.

I don't think I've ever seen pics of a Jewel class ship with two bunks but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

I looked at 19 inside and OV rooms on Jewel and none showed two bunks on the wall. One did have a large couch that possibly converted into a bed - it was in a HC room it appeared.

I don't think I've ever seen pics of a Jewel class ship with two bunks but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Thanks for checking. Do you have a subscription to that pay site with deck plans?

Thanks for checking. Do you have a subscription to that pay site with deck plans?

Yes, it isn't too much cost and has tons of pics of rooms. Most are accurate but sometimes you'll get a stray that isn't a pic of that actual room or sometimes the deck plans don't jive with NCL site but NCL has had errors on their deck plans as well at times.