Helpppppppp

We are looking at booking flights for Oasis of the seas trip. Do you think it would be possible to catch a 8:55 plane out of FLL day we disembark?:confused::confused:

Edited by keyol123

We are looking at booking flights for Oasis of the seas trip. Do you think it would be possible to catch a 8:55 plane out of FLL day we disembark?:confused::confused:

It's possible, but I'm not sure how probable. The airport is 15 to 20 minutes away. I would spend the entire week worried about catching the plane once I got back.

Assuming you self-disembark and hustle it is generally possible to arrive at FLL by 7:00am when dealing with Allure and Oasis (that both generally arrive early in the morning, tend to be the first ships to start debarkation at the port, have a great track record of not having significant delays and have a large, efficient terminal). Sure there is some risk as you have very little wiggle room if something goes wrong, but it would be rare to not make the flight (assuming you self-disembark and hustle).

In a perfect world, you would make it easily. That said, you would really be pushing the envelope. Any delay would cause you to miss your flight, which would be on you unless you were able to quickly get your flight changed that morning. As COMIXKID stated, you would be focused on the plane instead of fully enjoying your cruise. I would recommend a later flight unless there is a compelling reason to catch an early flight. Plus, if you haven't flown out of FLL, the security line can bog you down rather quickly after a cruise. :mad: Good luck with your decision.

If you have many other flight options that day to your home airport i would do it. If the only other flights to your home airport were very late in the afternoon/day I think I would book the later flight and do something more enjoyable with my day than sit around FLL trying to get on a flight standby.

There are just too many variables (on the ship, en route to the airport (accidents, detours, breakdowns), and in the airport) that you can't control which could all delay you.

And do you really want to end your leisurely cruise with a white-knuckle Amazing Race to the airport? :confused:

Personally, I'd never chance it. But good luck if you decide to go for it!

OMG, don't risk it!!! we got delayed when we came back from the Oasis due to immigration clearance and couldn't disembark until 9am.

I still have not heard of anyone missing their 8:55 or later flight when leaving the Allure or Oasis. We did self disembarkation and we were at the airport before 7:00 am. The people that will tell you that you can't make it have never tried it. That early in the morning customs lines are much shorter to get off the ship and TSA lines are very short at the airport at that time. If you don't mind carrying your luggage off the ship you will have no problem making your flight. Is it 100% certain? No, but the odds are definitely in your favor!

I wouldn't count on it...if customs holds them up, you will be a wreck. We made a 10:00 flight once by doing express but I worried about it all week. I'd rather take my time & relax at the airport. The lines for security at airport can also hold you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you have to arrive airport one hour before departure if you have any check-in luggages. I was denied boarding once since I was 5 minutes late. If that is the case, you have to be there by 7:55am.

I agree with killtheump. On our first Oasis cruise, we walked off with our luggage at 6:30am. There were no lines at customs and we caught a cab to the airport right away. There were no airport security lines that early and we arrived in plenty of time for our early flight. On our last sailing, we did the luggage valet and left the ship at 8:30 for an 11:35am flight. The customs line took 1 hour and airport security was a nightmare. Luckily, dh has priority to go into the short security line so we could by pass those long lines. So if you want to gamble on an early flight, go ahead. Just realize that there's a chance you won't make an early flight if Oasis has an immigration clearance problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know one little delay and your game is over. I wouldn't want to ruin a great cruise worrying about something like that. I personally would not feel comfortable doing a flight before 11. Just for my own piece of mind. But I do know a lot of people who do 10am flights and make it

We were on the Oasis March 8-15. We did walk off and were among the first 20 people off the ship. We had an 11:30 flight booked but because we were at the airport by 6:45, we were able to switch it to the 8:30 am flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sad that the choice is 8:55 or late afternoon to get out of FLL on the 14th. I would try it, but with my luck the ship would have customs problems that day. So many people say that it is "doable" but the option if you miss the flight is a huge penalty and extra dollars.

We are looking at the 4:35 flight, getting us in at 10 PM, but then again you have that extra 2 hour drive home, and with the Feb weather.. yuck.

Edited by Valiamo
error in time

I would not suggest it. While you may be able to do an express walk off, that is the easy part. Sometimes traffic out of the port can be slow; however, from there to the airport is quite fast ( perhaps 20 minutes). At the airport at that time of the morning we have on occasion found long lines getting to the check in desk ( several times about 20 minutes). We have also on occasion ran into long lines in the TSA area ( we have had times of well over 30 minutes). Since at Fll boarding closes well before departure time, your chances of getting on that 8:55AM are at best 50/50. Having used that airport numerous times, I suggest to be comfortable, you find a flight 10 AM or later. Of course, if you are a gambler, then take your chances with the 8:55 flight.

Are you a worrier? If yes, then I wouldn't do it. If you are a gambler, then I would go for it. We have done the 10:10 flight out of FLL at least 5 times from the oasis or allure and the only time we have been stressed is when we got a little cocky and didn't get off the at the earliest we could for self disembarkation and got caught up with some of the regular disembarkers. We still made it, but an hour would have saved us a lot of stress. And that was when the government was shut down so that slowed us some as well

Just be ready to get off the ship when they say self disembarkation can start...around 6:30 I think. The airport is much less busy at that time.

Of course you will have to deal with an unhappy taxi driver who wants passengers going to Miami after waiting for several hours, but that is a whole other subject.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you make this flight? YES! Does everything have to happen correct? absolutely.

But with that being said, I was at my gate at 6:55am on my Oasis Sailing last Fall.

I was in line to get off the ship at 5:30am.

I booked the 10:15am flight and wished I'd booked the 9:00am.

If I was you, I'd book it. But then again I also always fly in the morning of the cruise, WITHOUT travel insurance. I'm sure my luck will run up sometime.

Good Luck.

-Michael