Heads Up : Guest Comment Cards Going Online !

Andy

Being that many people travel after the end of a cruise, Celebrity should give at least 1 month after the cruise to be able to fill out the questionnaire, before you can not access it.

A significant number of people would be forgetting some service details at that point. They also need the results fresh, and to apply them freshly, not a month or even 2 months after the event.

That said, would be good if there is provision to do it onboard, for those who won't have time to complete, or any other reason.

I'd like to see free access to the survey in the I lounge or on my laptop throughout the cruise, so I could update my survey as the cruise unfolds. I'm on the net most everyday during the cruise anyway, and this way I wouldn't have to rush after the cruise.

The airlines do this free onboard thing on their aircraft with their internet access. Why can't Celebrity.

I think thy would have to buy more Bandwidth!

Apparently that's why Wi-Fi is so direly certain cruises, the powers that be decide how much needs to be bought per cruise!:eek:

I think thy would have to buy more Bandwidth!

Apparently that's why Wi-Fi is so direly certain cruises, the powers that be decide how much needs to be bought per cruise!:eek:

That wouldn't be an issue. Doing a text survey uses very little bandwidth. They don't even have any pictures aside from logos.

That wouldn't be an issue. Doing a text survey uses very little bandwidth. They don't even have any pictures aside from logos.

I have to pay for texts if I am abroad, so if the survey is by text I wouldn't do it until I arrived home.

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the survey was via e-mail.

I agree that an online survey is a good way to go, but would like either the opportunity to complete it (without cost) on the last day of the cruise, or having it available for more than a week post cruise. We have experienced an on line survey on Princess, and by the time we arrived home from a B2B, the link for the first cruise had expired.

I am not sure what is meant by pre-printed tags. We print all the address tags for our various stops before we leave home and use them as needed. Business cards work well and fit into our tag holders. However Andy's ideas are usually very useful, so maybe I am misunderstanding.

With regard to a text survey, we do not use text outside the country except for emergencies, so would not complete a survey that way.

Sheila

Edited by smtcan

Folks they just dont care. More then likely they will be read by a public relations firm who will only submit what they want Celebrity to hear. It happens all the time in the real corporate world. I remember years ago when they told me they read them all on the ship. It was BS then and its BS now. Ifv they really cared they would have taken steps to correct there Call Center but you cant do that with minimum wage and part time workers.

As a former employee of Celebrity Cruises I can tell you they do care. Every department had a list of comments from every cruise that our manager went over. We used this for program improvements and as one way of evaluation especially if you were mentioned by name. These comments are read if nothing else by those onboard, if for nothing other than hoping someone said something nice about the service you provided.

A significant number of people would be forgetting some service details at that point. They also need the results fresh, and to apply them freshly, not a month or even 2 months after the event.

That said, would be good if there is provision to do it onboard, for those who won't have time to complete, or any other reason.

Not everyone would wait a month to fill out their forms, but I wouldn't want those loyal Celebrity cruisers not be able to voice their opinions because they are traveling after their cruise.

Edited by NLH Arizona

As said by many,Celebrity takes feedback from passengers seriously. The email form appears to me to be an attempt to get specific reactions quickly so that corrective action if needed can be done quickly. There appears to also be a desire to know who their "stars" are and reward them. There might be a careful balance in trying to get information so that it can be useful ASAP and allowing for a wider sample. Perhaps a month would help,perhaps not. It would help if it would allow a significant number of cruisers to complete the survey and broaden the sample.It would not be if the number would not broaden the sample significantly,or make the survey untimely. Crew changes occur frequently and if results are delayed too long the results might be meaningless. I believe that the new system is in testing mode and believe that Celebrity will evaluate the process and make changes as required.

Didn't think this was new? When I completed my last cruise the end of January, I had an online survery to fill out within a few days of getting home. Guess I was one of the lucky early birds.

I do agree with several of the points made. One week is not long enough. If you cruise was 'same old, same old', it is not likely the survery would be filled out.

I do hope that the probably scewed results (mostly issues being reported, not great service) will not impact the crew with less than 'exceptional' ratings.

I have to pay for texts if I am abroad, so if the survey is by text I wouldn't do it until I arrived home.

I'm pretty sure the poster you quoted wasn't referring to TEXTING as in using your cell phone but meant an online survey that basically uses letters and numbers and little to no graphics and pictures

Folks they just dont care. More then likely they will be read by a public relations firm who will only submit what they want Celebrity to hear. It happens all the time in the real corporate world. I remember years ago when they told me they read them all on the ship. It was BS then and its BS now. Ifv they really cared they would have taken steps to correct there Call Center but you cant do that with minimum wage and part time workers.

Untrue. I have recv'd follow up phone calls after the cruise based on my comment cards. And these were for 'issues' that were not really big in the scheme of things. Trust me, they care.

I have a dim recollection that Princess tried this some time ago, or am I dreaming? If I am dreaming, it is really detailed because I also remember trying to fill out the form when I reached home but couldn't because I had missed the deadline. That bugged me, because I wanted to compliment several people but couldn't. I really hope my memory is accurate in this, for I'll have to cancel a cruise in order to pay for my shrink.

The link is sent via e-mail and then you do it online. I meant it is just text on the web pages and very few graphics, not that it's done via SMS.

Not everyone would wait a month to fill out their forms, but I wouldn't want those loyal Celebrity cruisers not be able to voice their opinions because they are traveling after their cruise.

Not everyone would wait a month, but they can't release results periodically, there needs to be a cutoff date to make the assessment.

Waiting so long is not practical for its purpose.

As said above, I support giving people the opportunity to voice their opinions much earlier, as is currently the case.

Edited by The_Big_M

Forgive if this has been mentioned already.

New statement in today's Daily:

In Celebrity's continued effort to Sace the Waves, we are no longer delivering the Guest Questionnaire to staterooms. All guests over the age of 18 who have provided us with their email address will now receive an email invitation to participate in an on line questionnaire on the day of departure. You will have one week to complete tge survey after leaving the ship . You may access the questionnaire on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or other devises (sic). The questionnaire will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Azamara has apparently been doing this for some time now--I first saw it in February--and, by all accounts, it seems to work fairly well... If anything, they were experiencing some systems issues [no surprises there!] in terms of getting the survey link to some guests for whom they did have e-mail addresses...

Don't know if Celebrity will follow suit but Azamara even provided back-to-back guests with fifteen minutes of onboard internet time for survey completion since, once delivered, the evaluation link is only available for seven days...

Off Century on the weekend and received both the regular in-cabin paper one and also follow up email one. This also happened on the Solstice in September. I prefer the electronic one as I have more time to collect my thoughts once I'm home and there is more room to type out any comments, people I want to compliment, etc. I find the last day or so we are too rushed doing other things to fill out the paper form and there is barely enough space to write anything anyway.

They'd figure a way to let you opt in or out of all the promotional literature. I don't buy art at home or on a cruise. Seems like I throw away a ream of paper regarding upcoming art auctions. I also don't do much shopping in the on board shops besides necessities. Maybe a bottle of cologne every couple of years. Ideally they would be able to see your shopping patterns from past cruises and make all the excess paper address (cabin) specific.