Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Next Ems Passage in autumn 2015

When: The Ems Passage of Norwegian Escape will take place in autumn 2015 (mid-September).

The undocking of the ship from the building dock is tentatively scheduled for August 15, 2015 (8:00 to 9:00 clock).

Once we can provide detailed information on the Roadmap, we will announce at this point.

Find out more about the ships of Norwegian Cruise Line .

It's a 2 level bar now, so the people on the deck above the pool don't have to come down to get their drinks. It looks to me like it will be the same amount of "bar", just easier access for people.

Makes sense now! Thanks!!

Add me to a list of those that hope not. They have the screen in H2O. The pool decks are crowded and loud enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I agree 100%. Spice H2O is the perfect spot for movies, no the pool area.

I hope NCL does the movie screens at the pool deck, would be great!

2py6xsi.png

One more vote for movie screens at the Pool. Like previously posted that is the ONLY thing that I miss from Princess Cruises. Nothing like wading in the pool, or lying out drink in hand watching a recent release movie or Live Sports Event. Superbowl and NFL playoff time is AWESOME.

I'm not a fan of Spice H20 for one simple reason. We routinely cruise in the "HOT" caribbean and Spice is nothing more than a wooden planked boring sundeck (IMO of course!). They don't show movies etc. round the clock, and by my experiences it was rather infrequent. And I don't think dipping my toes in a waterfall is anywhere near as refreshing and relaxing as sitting in the pool. They also don't show MUTS (movies under the stars) and serve candy, popcorn at night as a main feature because they hold dance parties back there where the screen is used for nothing but a giant synthesizer pulsing to the beat of the music. Waste of a perfectly big screen if you ask me.

Add me to a list of those that hope not. They have the screen in H2O. The pool decks are crowded and loud enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I agree. Do not cover ever open surface with a screen! It's almost as bad as going to a nice restaurant with TV's blasting all over the walls. Can we get a little break from it please? It's not like people would look up from their phone enough to watch a TV anyway :eek:

Fair enough but what about utilizing the empty pool deck at night for similar to Princess MUTS evenings?

Great idea. I've noticed that the Pool areas on NCL ships become a "ghost town" after about 6pm. This is not the case on other lines because of the evening/night movie and sports casts. As an extra choice in entertainment, this could also alleviate congestion problems with other venues on the ship such as sold out shows etc.

AHEM.. NCL are you paying attention???:)

I agree 100%. Spice H2O is the perfect spot for movies, no the pool area.

And that works on Getaway, but on Escape Spice H2O will be all adult all the time, not just day time like on Getaway. Kids wouldn't be able to watch movies there.

And that works on Getaway, but on Escape Spice H2O will be all adult all the time, not just day time like on Getaway. Kids wouldn't be able to watch movies there.

Even better... [emoji23]

Any ideas where Escape is going to be sailing from/to with all the NCL mix ups? Obviously she's a Miami ship for the moment........just thinking if there are 4 ships in Europe 2016/17 we don't know what they all are - my thinking is either Escape or Bliss will be joining them! And I'm already thinking of my next 2017 cruise!

Any ideas where Escape is going to be sailing from/to with all the NCL mix ups? Obviously she's a Miami ship for the moment........just thinking if there are 4 ships in Europe 2016/17 we don't know what they all are - my thinking is either Escape or Bliss will be joining them! And I'm already thinking of my next 2017 cruise!

The four are known, I think. The press release says the Jade will do seasons in the US. Bliss might spent her first summer in Europe being launched in spring but it's contradicting the decrease in Med capacity that NCL is doing. So it might be a while before they decide what to do..

Edited by FreestyleNovice

:D:D

One more vote for movie screens at the Pool. Like previously posted that is the ONLY thing that I miss from Princess Cruises. Nothing like wading in the pool, or lying out drink in hand watching a recent release movie or Live Sports Event. Superbowl and NFL playoff time is AWESOME.

I'm not a fan of Spice H20 for one simple reason. We routinely cruise in the "HOT" caribbean and Spice is nothing more than a wooden planked boring sundeck (IMO of course!). They don't show movies etc. round the clock, and by my experiences it was rather infrequent. And I don't think dipping my toes in a waterfall is anywhere near as refreshing and relaxing as sitting in the pool. They also don't show MUTS (movies under the stars) and serve candy, popcorn at night as a main feature because they hold dance parties back there where the screen is used for nothing but a giant synthesizer pulsing to the beat of the music. Waste of a perfectly big screen if you ask me.

....sorry! just got a kick out of this post!! All really good points, btw. Watching a movie under the stars with popcorn and a fizzy drink sounds heavenly, no matter where it is on the ship. I am sooo looking forward to the cruise. Double digit anniversary coming up very soon. :)

:D:D

....sorry! just got a kick out of this post!! All really good points, btw. Watching a movie under the stars with popcorn and a fizzy drink sounds heavenly, no matter where it is on the ship. I am sooo looking forward to the cruise. Double digit anniversary coming up very soon. :)

I'm counting down the days too....

On the Getaway, they showed movies on the atrium deck near the Internet cafe. And for people who find watching movies while cruising their preferred form of entertainment, all the movies shown were also available on the televisision in your stateroom. When I've been on ships that show movies on the pool deck, it's impossible to hear the audio due to the surrounding noise. Personally, I have always found a plethora of more enjoyable things to do when I cruise.