Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm looking at deck plans and wondered -- is there no elevator access to the Haven deck 18? If you are in a wheelchair, how are you supposed to get to the Haven restaurant? It also seems a bit weird that if you are on 18, you would always have to walk that last flight of stairs.

Also, it looks like we won't need to insert our key card in order to get the elevator up to 17, since there is access to the public sun deck from there? I'm just curious how this will work since my only experience has been on the Epic.

I'm looking at deck plans and wondered -- is there no elevator access to the Haven deck 18? If you are in a wheelchair, how are you supposed to get to the Haven restaurant? It also seems a bit weird that if you are on 18, you would always have to walk that last flight of stairs.

Also, it looks like we won't need to insert our key card in order to get the elevator up to 17, since there is access to the public sun deck from there? I'm just curious how this will work since my only experience has been on the Epic.

Great questions! I'm looking for the answer to these as well as I'm on deck 18 too. The answers shouldn't be long in coming now.

For any of you who are able to book restaurants (or may just know), what is the cost going to be for Bayamo? We have the UDP and was wondering what the additional upcharge going to be for this restaurant. And has a menu been released for this (and Food Republic) yet?

Bayamo isn't open for booking on my Transatlantic yet, although everything else is. No menus for any of the new restaurants yet.

From what I've read recently, with the ultimate dining package the upcharge for Bayamo is $10.

Bayamo is $15 upcharge. http://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

For any of you who are able to book restaurants (or may just know), what is the cost going to be for Bayamo? We have the UDP and was wondering what the additional upcharge going to be for this restaurant. And has a menu been released for this (and Food Republic) yet?

I'm the planner in for my group of three and our friend will be visiting the beginning of September. Since this will be the last time the three of us are together before our cruise, I was hoping to have some information to share while we are all in the same room! :D

Thanks!

NCL have not released a menu for either venue as of yet. Bayamo, like all the specialities will launch with an A'la carte menu. Those on the UDP or SDP will be able to dine there at a surcharge of $15pp I believe. I'm on the 10/29 transatlantic and Bayamo is the only speciality restaurant current unavailable for reservations, and we are at 80 days out, so not sure if they are permitting advance reservation or not for this venue, or if it will not be available for the crossing. Food Republic was always intended to be A'la carte, no reservations and is not covered under any dining plans that I'm aware of.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Hey yall. I was reading the website AGAIN (for like, the 9,487th time) and noticed under Escape to Luxury it mentions a 9-course Captain's Table. What is that? Has it been on any other ship? How much is it and is it only available for Haven?

And while I'm asking...how much on other ships are the Bingo cards? Thanks!

Hey yall. I was reading the website AGAIN (for like, the 9,487th time) and noticed under Escape to Luxury it mentions a 9-course Captain's Table. What is that? Has it been on any other ship? How much is it and is it only available for Haven?

And while I'm asking...how much on other ships are the Bingo cards? Thanks!

We did the Chef's Table on the Breakaway - wonder if they've just renamed it??

If you look at deck 18 it looks like there is a partial elevator lobby without elevators drawn in. I would imagine that 4 out of the 8 forward elevators will go up to deck 18. I would also be very surprised if the sundeck on deck 18 is public access and not Haven only. I would assume there will also have to be elevator and stair access to deck 19 for the public sundeck as well, not quite sure how the stairs and elevators fit together past that point on the drawings though.

As far as key-card access goes, I would think it will be more like the other Breakaway class ships with card access doors on decks 17 and 18 into the Haven instead of elevator key-card access like the Jewel Class Ships.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Chef's table is for anyone who wants to go but there are limited seats. Most limit it to 12 but the last one I did (in my Getaway Review) I was the 13th and they could have easily sat one more.

It's $99 +18% gratuity and it is great. They freely pour wine during the courses and then you get after dinner cordials as well. On the Epic and the Away ships (and presumably in the Escape but maybe not) they have it in the Haven Restaurant. I'm not sure where it's held on the other ships.

If you want to do it, go to the restaurant reservations when you board the ship and let them know you want to sign up for the Chef's Table.

If you look at deck 18 it looks like there is a partial elevator lobby without elevators drawn in.

I saw that and thought the same. That almost has to be the case. I guess time will confirm. Thanks for the input.

Edited by England Ray

If you look at deck 18 it looks like there is a partial elevator lobby without elevators drawn in. I would imagine that 4 out of the 8 forward elevators will go up to deck 18. I would also be very surprised if the sundeck on deck 18 is public access and not Haven only. I would assume there will also have to be elevator and stair access to deck 19 for the public sundeck as well, not quite sure how the stairs and elevators fit together past that point on the drawings though.

Sorry -- I was confused. The public sun deck is on 17, not 18. I am curious about the elevator situation. It doesn't matter to us, but if my parents would ever cruise on this ship in the Haven, not having to deal with steps is preferred for them.

There is also a public sun deck on deck 19 with 2 hot tubs. So my guess is the elevators do go up there. Maybe not all 8 but at least 4 no way they can a public sun deck with hot tubs and no elevators.

Since the elevators are outside Haven you would not need to put your card in the reader to go up there. Just to get into the Haven complex

No haul art so at least a few weeks ago.

I would guess those are more than a few months old by now. I had posted pictures in late June which were a few weeks old when they were posted. They showed a good portion of the artwork finished. The more recent photos of the azipods are definitely far more complete than those pictures show.

If the Escape is build like the Breakaway the elevator stops on deck 17. This was the access to public sun deck on deck 18 - outside of the Haven - the covered lift on the left side of the stairs.

fux645.jpg

Maybe they changed it as they had a disabled restroom on Haven inside sun deck 18 which you had to access with the outside "lifti" - as we call it in Germany.

Edited by Rocky4ever

Chef's table is for anyone who wants to go but there are limited seats. (snip) On the Epic and the Away ships (and presumably in the Escape but maybe not) they have it in the Haven Restaurant. I'm not sure where it's held on the other ships.

We did it on the Pearl and they held it in the semi-private dining room in Le Bistro. The Exec. Chef hosted the dinner and introduced each dish and they gave keepsakes like a signed copy of the menu with group photos taken before the dinner, printed during, and put into the foil-enprinted menu folder by the end of the meal. (The Exec Chef also invited us back the next day for a tour of the ship's main galley that he lead)

It seemed like it filled up fast, but I heard the wait-list got so long on our sailing that they added a second night to accommodate it, so get on the wait list if you want it.

Full_Size_Render.jpg