Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Yes, it's going to $4.99 now that it's in Miami. I overheard two crewmembers discussing whether it was still free, or $4.99 now...and the response was free until Miami.

It's not.

Also: the H6 at the back definitely has balcony lights. The switch is near the door.

Stephen

Wow I SECOND THAT. It they changed from complimentary to charge on this one I will definitely be thinking hard about returning to NCL. This is ridiculous. This was one of the things I was most looking forward to on our upcoming ESCAPE cruise. If the change to 4.99, I'll cross that one of the list but I won't be happy doing it. Just plain ridiculous...

Yes, you have that wrong. Downtown Miami is starboard, and South Beach is port.

Now I'm really confused the post after yours says that Sobe is to the North, so wouln't that be Starboard outbound.

I know my Mum said if I kept my mouth shut people might think I was smart, but I had to ask:cool:

Now I'm really confused the post after yours says that Sobe is to the North, so wouln't that be Starboard outbound.

I know my Mum said if I kept my mouth shut people might think I was smart, but I had to ask:cool:

Ha! got it now. I know you wont believe this but I'm Dyslexic and I have problems with my left and my right!!

Also I'm an agnostic and an insomniac.

I lay awake at night wondering wether or not there is a dog:D

Outbound it is on port. left side.

Just remember that Port and Left have 4 letters and you are good to go.

Outbound it is on port. left side.

Just remember that Port and Left have 4 letters and you are good to go.

Yep I remembered that as well, but I've only got 4 digits on my right hand and got to thinking 4 letters 4 digits.

You wouldn't believe what goes on in my head:eek:

Anyone else already found out when ES meets another NCL ship? Would be interested in pics to see how ES dwarfs them. ;)

a couple of posts before.

By the way Escape and Breakaway will be together in Nassau Thursday...should be pretty cool seeing them next to each other!! 👍👍

Did any of the Guy Harvey items also have a ship reference? That'd be another big opportunity. DH & oldest DS wear plenty of Guy Harvey already. Something referencing the ship would be awesome.

Most (actually, I think maybe all) of the Guy Harvey shirts referenced the ship as well. Most of the caps did, but few of the hats. However, I can see where LrgPizza might've missed the references on the t-shirts, as they were mostly on the back, and the shirts were on shelves. I specifically got a Harvey/Escape t-shirt and performance shirt, as I'm a Harvey fan already as well.

Yes, it's going to $4.99 now that it's in Miami. I overheard two crewmembers discussing whether it was still free, or $4.99 now...and the response was free until Miami.

Stephen

Stephen, just a clarification, please: is it a $4.99 cover charge, or $4.99 for the burger? If it's for the burger only, then I can see how they think they can call the venue complimentary with one upcharge item. If it's a $4.99 cover charge, they they're liars when they call this venue complimentary.

Glad you had a great time!

--Michael

Edited by numberguy
typo fixing

Most (actually, I think maybe all) of the Guy Harvey shirts referenced the ship as well. Most of the caps did, but few of the hats. However, I can see where LrgPizza might've missed the references on the t-shirts, as they were mostly on the back, and the shirts were on shelves. I specifically got a Harvey/Escape t-shirt and performance shirt, as I'm a Harvey fan already as well.

I actually replied to that poster and said they did, and I bought one also.

OK, I am very confused. Could someone be kind enough to list the complementary restaurants. I have been trying to figure it out, but it seems I just can't figure it out.

Just yesterday I read that Margaritaville (sp) is now an a la carte venue..

Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have.

OK, I am very confused. Could someone be kind enough to list the complementary restaurants. I have been trying to figure it out, but it seems I just can't figure it out.

Here is the link that says what is currently specialty and what is complimentary. When it changes, someone will post the new info. http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining

Can SDP be used at food republic?

Are Taste and Savour the same menus?

What are the best places to relax and read a book on board? I could never get comfortable to read long in the chairs on our balcony on Oasis so I'm assuming this will be similar.

My prior question has me pondering a spa pass.

I'm with you on this one. Exactly what/where is complimentary?

As far as I can determine, MDR (sort of complimentary) buffet and for the time being O'Sheenan's.

Now for my rant, when we booked this cruise 11 months ago we did plan with thought to many things, one of the most important being the 17 month old Munchkin that is going with us. First off yes, I can afford to pay the stupid extra fees that have materialized out of thin air over the last months, that however is NOT the point! The point is that I paid for free room service, free Margaritaville, and several other things. Having free room service was important to us since if Munchkin was cranky or sleeping we could order and stay in room (remember we had paid for it), forget that now. Next since we aren't specialty eaters, nor would we be doing the dining room as the Munchkin really wouldn't like having to sit there about 2 hours, we took note of Margaritaville being a sit down complimentary venue and O'sheenans as well. OK, this would be ok, we and the Munchkin could have a nice served meal in a fairly short amount of time, without having to worry about Munchkin or the people around us.

Now that brings us down to these options. O'Sheenan's every meal, I don't think so. MDR fine, but when Munchkin starts getting antsy, remember we had planned for this Margaritaville and O'Sheenan's but DelRio or whoever has apparently yanked part of that option out from under us. OK that leaves the buffet. 7 people times 1 or 2 plates. Opps, we didn't like that, we'll just go back and get and try something else...etc....etc...etc. (hey we paid for it why not?) You can call it wasting food or whatever you want, BUT this would not be happening if we had the still had the option of the simple cheeseburger and fries or etc that we originally planned and paid for.

So for those that will get upset at Munchkin at the MDR or those of you that feel like we are "wasting" food at the buffet....remember NCL changed the "rules" midstream so we will apparently have to adapt to the new things. And if that means we have to eat in MDR, Munchkin be joining us, if this bothers you, sorry but blame us having to eat there on DelRio. If we try several different things in the buffet till we find something we really want to eat, don't say we are wasteful. We knew we would eat the burgers and such and not be wasteful, but yet again DelRio or whoever changed the rules on this as well, so if we are considered wasteful....put the blame on NCL. This vacation was thoroughly thought out, with many things in mind, cost, convenience, what I thought was a cruiseline that had advertised certain things, but reneged on so many of them, so now I guess I have to make the best of it!!! See you in the MDR or at the buffet!

Stephen, just a clarification, please: is it a $4.99 cover charge, or $4.99 for the burger? If it's for the burger only, then I can see how they think they can call the venue complimentary with one upcharge item. If it's a $4.99 cover charge, they they're liars when they call this venue complimentary.

Glad you had a great time!

--Michael

Hi Michael,

I wish I had unequivocal info, but I don't. I overheard it in the elevator. I thought it was a cover charge, but I have no way of knowing.

But something can be complimentary one day, and a charge the next. I remember when the local gas station offered compressed air for my bike tires free...now it's $0.25. For air.

Stephen

Wow! Margaritaville is no longer complimentary? That in addition with room service having a "cover charge", MDR charging extra for prime rib and lobster, and the loss of Nickelodeon (the reason we chose this cruise for the kids), NCL is really starting to screw up this vacation! Pretty soon they're gonna start charging us for every flush if the toilet! Next thing, we'll find out that the "complimentary" buffet is gonna have a cover charge!

Wow! Margaritaville is no longer complimentary? That in addition with room service having a "cover charge", MDR charging extra for prime rib and lobster, and the loss of Nickelodeon (the reason we chose this cruise for the kids), NCL is really starting to screw up this vacation! Pretty soon they're gonna start charging us for every flush if the toilet! Next thing, we'll find out that the "complimentary" buffet is gonna have a cover charge!

Pretzel rolls, on sale, today only $1.25 per roll ;)

Pretzel rolls, on sale, today only $1.25 per roll ;)

You wink, but isn't there nothing complimentary at the atrium cafe now?

By the time I board the only thing from my booking that (might) work will be UBP, but I won't be able to get bread anywhere to sop it up! :eek:

You wink, but isn't there nothing complimentary at the atrium cafe now?

By the time I board the only thing from my booking that (might) work will be UBP, but I won't be able to get bread anywhere to sop it up! :eek:

LOL. Sad but true :) Thankfully the onboard experience is what you make of it, and I think we're both roll with the punches people.

I will lend you a Canadian quarter if you only have a dollar in the buffet next time :)

Can SDP be used at food republic?

Are Taste and Savour the same menus?

What are the best places to relax and read a book on board? I could never get comfortable to read long in the chairs on our balcony on Oasis so I'm assuming this will be similar.

My prior question has me pondering a spa pass.

No, SDP and UDP don't work at Food Republic. Don't let that stop you from going. It's the best food on the ship.

Taste, Savor, and Manhattan Room have the same dinner menus as each other.

Thanks. It definitely won't stop us from going, but it may stop.me from buying the SDP.

Me too. It will stop me from buying SDP on my next Escape cruise. I wasn't thrilled with the specialties on the TA, and I'm tired of them anyway. The money for a 3 or 4 day SDP will buy a heck of a lot of food at Food Republic. That's where my dough is going.

Wow! Margaritaville is no longer complimentary? That in addition with room service having a "cover charge", MDR charging extra for prime rib and lobster BTW Royal started that in 2012, and the loss of Nickelodeon (the reason we chose this cruise for the kids), NCL is really starting to screw up this vacation! Pretty soon they're gonna start charging us for every flush if the toilet! Next thing, we'll find out that the "complimentary" buffet is gonna have a cover charge!

Not too sure where you get your info... All these changes will be implemented throughout the industry. Also remember food costs are rising. To reduce consumption and waste a charge for certain premium items have to be introduced. And as far as the Nick license not being renewed. That was a decision of Comcast. The wanted to practically Triple the license renewal fees.

NCL, Said " See Ya". Besides, NCL needed to expand beyond the 5 -14 yo demo to include a broader demo.

And what about carnival allowing a guest with no seniority purchase a $50 early boarding pass?

NCL, Said " See Ya". Besides, NCL needed to expand beyond the 5 -14 yo demo to include a broader demo.

Edited by Golfin55