Pg breakfast solo

cinnamon123

My last cruise I ate breakfast in the PG and ate alone most days. A few times friends asked if I would like to join them and most times I did.

I also went to dinner at the Canelletto alone. I'll be doing both the Le Cirque dinner and the regular PG dinner alone on my upcoming cruise. I just bring my Kindle and read while waiting for the courses to arrive.

Hi

Have you seen any solo's having breakfast here & if so, can I request

A table for just one? I just like quiet in the am.

Won't do dinner here as I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks

Cinnamon123

In my experience when going to PG for breakfast alone they have never asked nor suggested putting me at a table with others. There were several "alone" diners when I went. My husband is not a fan of the PG but I love the peace and quiet there.

After losing my D/W 3 years ago I am now a solo cruiser. On my upcoming cruise I have requested to share a table for 6 or 8 at the early set dining (I am wait listed) but will probably eat alone in other venues from time to time. There are times when being alone is very peaceful and a good "thought gathering" time! I enjoy company but sometimes feel out of place mixing with other diners who are mostly couples. It takes some getting used to travelling solo and I am not quite there yet.

Come what may I intend to enjoy the cruise and all it has to offer. :)

:rolleyes: Every so often on a cruise, I just can't crawl out of bed in time for the PG breakfast. On those days I assure you my DH is there, alone, and enjoying every minute of his breakfast. There are many two-tops in the PG and I would not let dining solo stop me from eating dinner there either. As others said - bring a Kindle or book and enjoy every course!

Edited by Linda&Vern

Hello everyone

Thanks for the encouragement

After reading all your responses I am going to do it.

This is my first solo cruise so i am a little anxious.

Travelbug: I have early fixed, table for six, so hopefullyI won't be the fifth wheel

Wishing all a wonderful fun filled cruise

Cinnamon123

It takes some getting used to travelling solo and I am not quite there yet.

It takes time to get used to being single again, but keep at it. Take it from someone who has walked that path---it will happen.

Absolutely.

Breakfast is a very individual meal, and people cruising together may have completely different breakfast routines. While one might want a full Dutch breakfast with table service, another might be happy with Cheerios, berries and yogurt.

And, indeed, the same person might want these two different things on two different days. (I speak from experience here!)

By all means enjoy your Pinnacle Grill breakfast solo.

You most certainly will not be the first, nor last or even the only one on your cruise.

Breakfast or dinner on ones own is very commonly enjoyed by many who travel solo.

After losing my D/W 3 years ago I am now a solo cruiser

It takes some getting used to travelling solo and I am not quite there yet.

This is my first solo cruise so i am a little anxious.

Travelbug: I have early fixed, table for six, so hopefullyI won't be the fifth wheel

It takes time to get used to being single again, but keep at it. Take it from someone who has walked that path---it will happen.

As RuthC says, it takes time to adjust to being solo. It is a path (thanks for the analogy, RuthC :D) , and sometimes we stumble, sometimes we go back, but please -- keep trying. You will eventually find your "new normal" .

Just keep trying. Know that not every "try" will be 100% successful. That is normal. Being less than 100% successful will happen more than once. You will adjust, I swear to you, if you keep trying you will have success.

Those of us who have walked that path understand. Disregard people who think they know, when they have never experienced what you are experiencing. They have no idea.

As RuthC says, it takes time to adjust to being solo. It is a path (thanks for the analogy, RuthC :D) , and sometimes we stumble, sometimes we go back, but please -- keep trying. You will eventually find your "new normal" .

Just keep trying. Know that not every "try" will be 100% successful. That is normal. Being less than 100% successful will happen more than once. You will adjust, I swear to you, if you keep trying you will have success.

Those of us who have walked that path understand. Disregard people who think they know, when they have never experienced what you are experiencing. They have no idea.

Nicely put, CP. You have to walk that path yourself and do a lot of pretending and of putting on a brave face. Eventually you come out the other end but nobody else can do it for you or tell you how you should do it. It's a lot of damn hard work but you do emerge stronger than you ever thought you could be.

By all means enjoy your Pinnacle Grill breakfast solo.

You most certainly will not be the first, nor last or even the only one on your cruise.

Breakfast or dinner on ones own is very commonly enjoyed by many who travel solo.

Hello Sail. Haven't seen you on here for awhile - have you been cruising? Back on topic - I often breakfast alone when travelling. DH prefers to sleep in.

Hello everyone

I just want to thank everyone for all the encouragement you have given me

Ruth c: I just love your mannerism & for all your answers to cruisers

I hope I get to meet you someday on a cruise.

And thank you to cow princess

I'll let you know how I did on the n/a

Cinnamon123

Ruth c: I just love your mannerism & for all your answers to cruisers

I hope I get to meet you someday on a cruise.

I'll let you know how I did on the n/a

Thank you. :) What a nice thing to read.

Meeting up would be fun someday!

I know you'll do fine, but will look forward to you confirming it.

Hello Sail. Haven't seen you on here for awhile - have you been cruising? Back on topic - I often breakfast alone when travelling. DH prefers to sleep in.

Thank you for 'noticing'. :)

I've had some illness in my family so that has kept me away from CC.

Things are looking very well now. :)

Thank you for 'noticing'. :)

I've had some illness in my family so that has kept me away from CC.

Things are looking very well now. :)

Glad all is OK - yes I did notice because I had read so many posts from you the prior week, and then nothing all of a sudden. Sorry it wasn't anything as pleasant as a cruise.:(