Yorkshire Pudding

TADCruise

I have read that they serve Yorkshire Pudding at the beef carving station during the special Brunch. I have also read that the Brunch can be very crowded. Do they ever serve the Yorkshire Pudding in the MDR or the buffet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have read that they serve Yorkshire Pudding at the beef carving station during the special Brunch. I have also read that the Brunch can be very crowded. Do they ever serve the Yorkshire Pudding in the MDR or the buffet?

I just read another post that said celebrity was discontinuing the gala brunch. Going the way of the midnight buffet.

I have read some similar posts. That is one if the reasons I was wondering if the Yorkshire Pudding was served anywhere else.

I've never seen it in the regular buffet.

Saw lots of Yorkshire puddings in the buffet on cruises out of Southampton in the last two years. Saw one of the officers piling her plate up with them, and she told me they were only usually available on cruises out of the UK.

Nothing like fresh out of the oven ones, though, so you're not missing too much. Easy to make at home though!

An acquired taste.

I can attest to pop overs (having tried them on holiday in the US) being similar to Yorkshire puddings but as a Yorkshire woman, the traditional method is the use of beef dripping as the fat of choice to cook them in.

Growing up in Yorkshire, my mother made them every Sunday regardless of the roast meat or poultry she was serving on that day. We would even have them as part of our Christmas Day lunch.

• 7 months later...

Yesterday, I was searching through this forum for threads on MDR food. I found one where kevinyork requested a Yorkshire pudding added to the Moroccan lamb shank:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047565&highlight=yorkshire+pudding&page=2

Is the prime rib in the MDR served with a Yorkshire pudding, or is this a special request? Do they have them available and you ask for it when you select prime rib as an entrée, or do you have to order it in advance? I find it interesting that they were able to just produced a Yorkshire unless the prime rib was also on the menu that night and it is normally served with a Yorkshire.

In all my cruises, I've never had a Yorkshire served with the prime rib. Is this standard for celebrity?

I'm sailing Reflection in 2 weeks (Caribbean itinerary) if that affects the answer :D

Yesterday, I was searching through this forum for threads on MDR food. I found one where kevinyork requested a Yorkshire pudding added to the Moroccan lamb shank:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047565&highlight=yorkshire+pudding&page=2

Is the prime rib in the MDR served with a Yorkshire pudding, or is this a special request? Do they have them available and you ask for it when you select prime rib as an entrée, or do you have to order it in advance? I find it interesting that they were able to just produced a Yorkshire unless the prime rib was also on the menu that night and it is normally served with a Yorkshire.

In all my cruises, I've never had a Yorkshire served with the prime rib. Is this standard for celebrity?

I'm sailing Reflection in 2 weeks (Caribbean itinerary) if that affects the answer :D

He probably got it because the ship cruised out of the UK. On Infinity in July, our kids asked for a Yorkshire pudding with every dinner, no matter what they were having on their plate :D. Only once on the 11 night cruise could the waiter not produce a 'yorkie' :p.

Edited by villauk

He probably got it because the ship cruised out of the UK. On Infinity in July, our kids asked for a Yorkshire pudding with every dinner, no matter what they were having on their plate :D. Only once on the 11 night cruise could the waiter not produce a 'yorkie' :p.

oh man, my kids would be in 7th heaven!!!!! what are the chances we would get them on a Caribbean sailing?

I am loving the love for the Yorkshire Puddings!! Always a favourite in our house too. If anyone would like the recipe, check out Delia Smiths one, it never fails me...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/yorkshire_pudding

lol. they are a staple at our house with any beef roast, but especially prime rib. I'm nut sure where I came upon my recipe but I've had it for years. I have a 80% success ratio. We call the other 20% hockey pucks :D but the kids still devour them. I will test out your recipe, thank you for sharing.

Thats me. Maybe its unique to ex UK sailings but the Yorkshire Pudding has been an always available on our last three Eclipse sailings so it could be ordered with any entree, on any night, and they were very good ( and Im from Yorkshire where we have them every Sunday).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin!

My kids are always disappointed when the prime rib shows up and there is no Yorkshire on the plate. I tried having this discussion once with a Carnival waiter, and he had no idea what a Yorkshire was so we never ever bothered again to ask.

This cruise, I'm going to ask. I will report back on my findings :D

Edited by Queen of Oakville

Yorkshire puddings were available quite a few evenings in the MDR on the extras list on the left page of the menu.

Not quite what we think of a Yorkshire pudding - which is the main part of our Sunday lunch - but better than none. We serve it as a starter with onion gravy - traditional.

Plain flour, eggs, salt, milk and cold water then cooked in a very hot oven which has nothing else in ie roasted vegetables. I cook mine whilst the meat is resting.