Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

DAY 4 ST. THOMAS, RITZ CARLTON, CHOPS, AQUA SHOW, HEADLINER SHOW, QUEST

Wow, this review is taking me a lot longer to do than I thought it would. Thank you all for hanging in there with me and I hope you are getting some good information and enjoying the pictures. Please post that you are following, have a question, or just liked a photo. It is appreciated very much to know that you are enjoying this review.

TIP, Bring an extra memory card for your camera. Keep it in the original package and tape the receipt on the package. You will take many more pictures then you think you will. If you don't then just return the card for a refund!

EXTRA TIP:

Go to the Windjammer and make yourself a nice cheese and fruit plate. Pour yourself and nice glass of wine (from one of the bottles you brought onboard) and then go out to Central Park and enjoy the surroundings, listen to some music and have a nice conversation.

wineandcheese_zps219833f9.jpg

While I was in the Windjammer I took a few pictures of some selections:

Windjammerselections5_zps9bc74429.jpg

Windjammerselections4_zps0db616ae.jpg

Windjammerselections3_zpsbf883f95.jpg

Windjammerselections2_zps3365c601.jpg

Windjammerselections1_zps5c0c815b.jpg

DAY 4 CON'T

So now we are docked and the mad scramble begins for a cab, tour bus, or any other type of transportation to get you to your desired destination. You see there is about 4,000 people getting off the ship that all want to go somewhere. All in all they do a pretty good job of organization, but it is a little chaotic. Our destination? the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas.

So as I said at the start of this review I have certain skills...... One of my good friends is an executive for Ritz Carlton and we got day passes to enjoy the Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas!!

What a beautiful location and we all spent a wonderful day at the Ritz. Here are some pictures of the beauty of the place....

RitzCarltonStThomas1_zpsc5e0358d.jpg

THE VIEW AS YOU ENTER TO BEACH/POOL AREA FROM THE LOBBY

RitzCarltonStThomas2_zps54754fb2.jpg

GETTING READY FOR THE BEACH

RitzCarltonStThomas4_zpsa5814064.jpg

RitzCarltonStThomas3_zpsa0f1fc74.jpg

MAIN POOL AREA

RitzCarltonStThomas5_zps4602c12a.jpg

LOOKING UP AT HOTEL

RitzCarltonStThomas6_zpsfa601470.jpg

ONE OF THE BEACHES AT THE RITZ

DAY 4 CON'T

On the way back from the Ritz our driver took us to the overlook to have this amazing view of the harbor.

shipsinHarborStThomas_zps000a1adb.jpg

Cruise ships call on St. Thomas at the West Indian Company Dock in Havensight, at anchorage in the Charlotte Amalie harbor and at the Crown Bay dock in Subbase

The Oasis is at the far right

We left St. Thomas and got ready for my wife's birthday dinner at Chops.

goodbyeStThomas_zps08bd8877.jpg

GOODBYE ST. THOMAS

Dinner tonight at Chops OLD MENU, OLD MENU, OLD MENU!!!!

DinneratChops_zpsbf188061.jpg

READY FOR DINNER AND A GREAT MEAL

A wonderful dinner and top notch service! I asked our server if the Oasis is going to change to the newer Chops menu and he said he thinks around June the new menu will be on the Oasis. I am glad we had the older menu and here is why.....

Chopstomatoandonion_zps67e55c42.jpg

TOMATO AND ONION WITH CHEESE

Asian-InspiredSpicyTuna_zpscc671177.jpg

ASIAN-INSPIRED SPICY TUNA, AS MY SON WOULD SAY "RIDICULOUS!"

ShrimpCocktail_zpscf0cbe61.jpg

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

DINNER AT CHOP'S CON'T

ChopsWineDecanter_zps14c728a8.jpg

THE CHOPS WINE DECANTER

ShortRibs_zpsb9220562.jpg

BONELESS SHORT RIB

CederPlankHalibut_zps4d343c06.jpg

CEDER PLANK HALIBUT

ChopsBakedPotato_zps07ac6a47.jpg

THE CHOPS BAKED POTATO, THEY BETTER KEEP THIS!!

10ozFiletChops_zps6448dd64.jpg

10 oz FILET MIGNON

HappyBirthdaycake_zps7287415e.jpg

MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY The waiter's came over and sang her Happy Birthday in about 5 different lang.

I don't remember if you have already answered this question, but what camera did you use? Also, what ISO setting did you use for the early morning pictures around the ship? Beautiful photos! Am thoroughly enjoying your review!

I have a Nikon D7100, use an 18-200 lens and also a .43x wide angle lens.

The early morning shots are at ISO 100 and using a tripod.

Thanks for the props!

Loving the review, always appreciate the people that take the effort to do such a detailed review. I think cruise lines should give a kickback to the people that post photos reviews, as I think it helps generate future business. I know I want to go to there!

I'll assume that since YOU have certain talents, not just anyone can enjoy the ritz for a day?

Great review and "ridiculously" :) amazing photos. Thoroughly enjoying all of your review. We will be on the Allure on the Eastern itinerary over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What a fabulous review...and the pictures are truly awesome.....All Of Them.

I'm the lucky one, I just found your thread tonight so I got the whole thing in one sitting without having to wait for installments. :)

We will be in our first JS in two weeks...so especially enjoyed those pictures as well.

Thanks so much for taking the time, so that the rest of us could enjoy a wonderful read.

Caneguy! Nice meeting you on the All Access Tour of the ship. I see the D7100 is working out great for you and that you weren't kidding about the girls. When I take good pics of people I like to show them off too! However, a lot of my people pics on cruises involve shots in the bar. ;)

I'm still going through my pics but enjoy reliving the cruise through your lens. The pic of the central park roast beef has me craving one. Those were tasty! Got friends on the transatlantic from Rotterdam. I might need to join them!

Came back for my daily dose of your review but your photobucket has been used too much. :(

What you have done so far has been too popular!:)

I thought it was just me since people were commenting on the new pictures!!!

PHOTOBUCKET???

I just upgraded to a larger account and hope that this works!

Let's see in a few hours. It is now 6:30 AM Eastern Time, USA

I can see the photos again. Thanks!

"MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY The waiter's came over and sang her Happy Birthday in about 5 different lang."

As I recall, the song comes in about five different keys as well (all at the same time, of course).:D We would laugh every time we heard the waiters sing!!

Kathy

Still reading along, thanks for the hint about the Garden Gnomes, I have added it to my 'to look for 'list for our cruise. Nice to see there are lots of fun little things scattered around the ship, my camera will be humming...

Bev

Thanks Bev,

It is a lot of fun looking around this ship for the "little items".

Have fun on your cruise