Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

Hi, ok I think we left off going to listen to 7 short blasts followed by one long blast. Ok, we did that and now time to get our spot for sail away.

So now we made our way to the secret 11th deck balcony for the sail away (but not my wife, she wanted to rest). We had a nice gift of Champagne in our cabin so we had a toast as we departed Fort Lauderdale

Champagnegift_zps5062b757.jpg

NICE GIFT!!

So you have started to read the mediocre so. so writing, here are some pretty good pictures of our sail away...

Flowriderhouse_zpsae77ad9b.jpg

The "Flowrider house"

Sailaway3_zpsb5c689f0.jpg

One going out ahead of use

Sailaway1_zps77f51740.jpg

Just before leaving dock

downthebeachatsailaway_zpsbf67aaa0.jpg

Looking north up the beach

Sailawaytoast_zpsf0752c92.jpg

And a toast!

Edited by caneguy

Thank you for writing this review! We are doing the Western Caribbean itinerary on the Oasis in May. Looking forward to your review of the ship, especially the specialty restaurants!

Thanks again for putting in the time and helping all of us future Oasis cruisers!

Edited by Whalelovinggal

Day One con't

One more of the girls at Sail Away

thegirlsatsailaway_zps7981b12e.jpg

One more look back at the entrance to Port Everglades and goodbye to the USA for the next week..

good-byeFtLauderdale_zpsf16d26d1.jpg

I went back to the cabin to rest and get ready for dinner. Went out to get a few sunset pictures before going to 150 Central Park.

Sunsetdayone8_zps53f23cc7.jpg

Sunsetdayone3_zps07376ef3.jpg

Sunsetdayone2_zpsb585b34d.jpg

As the Sun set on our first night on the Oasis we made our way down to 150 Central Park for dinner.

So 150 Central Park..... As I wrote in the beginning of this review (seems like about a month ago:)) is that I found out that on the 1st night there is a 20% discount when you dine at 150, so we took advantage of this offer. Now I can not attempt to describe in detail the flavor and taste of the food as well as Megacruiser did in his review, but what I can tell those of you who are still reading this review is that ...IT IS THE BEST $32/pp YOU CAN SPEND ON A MEAL! If you went to any restaurant in your hometown and had a meal of such quality and service you would pay well in excess of $150/pp. This restaurant's menu is crafted by Michael Schwartz who's flagship restaurant in Miami, Michael's Genuine, is rated by the NY Times as one of the 10 best restaurants in the USA!

Everything was wonderful and full of flavor. Our waiter Mike from Turkey explained each dish as he presented it to the table. He explained the different salts and the use of each one (stay away from the one that tastes like eggs, it really does and awwwwwful) All the other salts a a unique flavor and were tasty.

150CPMenu1_zps9afabff1.jpg

Our Menu for the evening

150CentralPark_zps89bd5da9.jpg

150 Central Park

lookingprettyin150CP_zps4700f540.jpg

Looking pretty in 150 CP

breadselectionin150CP_zps8693fbfc.jpg

Bread Selection 150 CP

saltselectionin150CP_zps203f0837.jpg

The Salts

BorekFarmsBeets150CP_zps872c9a22.jpg

Our first course Borek Farms Beets

Now I am not a Beet fan, give me red meat!, but each bite exploded with flavor in your mouth, This was so good!

ButternutSquashSoup150CP_zpsf1466bcd.jpg

Second course, Butternut Squash Soup

Wonderful consistency, exciting flavor

Pasta150CP_zpscc3f8198.jpg

Pasta substitute for Crabmeat Raviolini -

My wife and her BFF do not eat shell fish or meat and 150 made changes to the menu to accommodate their tastes

CrabcakeRaviolini150CP_zps00a5bc86.jpg

Crabmeat Raviolini

So yummy!!

PanRoastedPompano150CP_zpse5b07186.jpg

Pan Roasted Pompano

The side items perfectly blended with the main dish

Chickensubstitute150CP_zps04eed88f.jpg

Chicken substitute for the Short Ribs

SlowRoastedandGrilledShortRibs150CP_zps348365bf.jpg

Roasted and Grilled Short Ribs

Tender and so much flavor, great end to the main courses before the desert

GreekYogurtPannaCotta150CP_zpsd4eb150a.jpg

Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta

Fresh, light and the Baklava on the side was a perfect match!

Well that's about all for now, be back tomorrow:) It is 12:30 AM here on the east coast of Florida and I am going to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As the Sun set on our first night on the Oasis we made our way down to 150 Central Park for dinner.

So 150 Central Park..... As I wrote in the beginning of this review (seems like about a month ago:)) is that I found out that on the 1st night there is a 20% discount when you dine at 150, so we took advantage of this offer. Now I can not attempt to describe in detail the flavor and taste of the food as well as Megacruiser did in his review, but what I can tell those of you who are still reading this review is that ...IT IS THE BEST $32/pp YOU CAN SPEND ON A MEAL! If you went to any restaurant in your hometown and had a meal of such quality and service you would pay well in excess of $150/pp. This restaurant's menu is crafted by Michael Schwartz who's flagship restaurant in Miami, Michael's Genuine, is rated by the NY Times as one of the 10 best restaurants in the USA!

Everything was wonderful and full of flavor. Our waiter Mike from Turkey explained each dish as he presented it to the table. He explained the different salts and the use of each one (stay away from the one that tastes like eggs, it really does and awwwwwful) All the other salts a a unique flavor and were tasty.

Hello caneguy,

I am really enjoying your review and photos, and it's especially interesting to compare your experiences with mine. I will be following this intently.

I am so glad your enjoyment of 150 Central Park was similar to mine and I can vouch for the value for money that such amazing food represents. Can I ask how you discovered the 20% first night discount?

Thanks also for the name checks. It has given my review a new lease of life...

Kind regards

megacruiser

lookingprettyin150CP_zps4700f540.jpg

For some reason your review has me very engaged :D

Seriously thanks for putting it together - it's great and the regular photos of the girls from time to time adds a bit of fun! - not that the food doesn't look great either :D

Excellent review keep wanting more lol

Question, I don't eat crab, I can't have gluten or dairy do they substitute other items for me to eat? We booked 5 evenings on the Allure, didn't book the Central Park due to the fact from that menu I am too limited.

Was the spin class FlyWheel? Following your review excited for the compasses and pictures!

Yes it was a FlyWheel class. I wanted to do the class but I could only get two in my schedule. I spoke to some people who took the class and they really liked the workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to the rest of your review! Just can't get enough!

Thank you prekteacher! I really appreciate when people post that they are following my review. Hope you like the rest of the pictures and writing.

Caneguy

Excited about another Oasis review...we are sailing in 6 weeks and I am trying to absorb as much info as I can. Can't wait for more!

Thanks for following crusinpeg. I know you will LOVE the Oasis. Hope my review can help with your planning.

We were on this cruise, too! Going to relive it by reading your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So just went back and looked at pics. We sat next to the girls and a gentleman at the ice show. I don't know if you were the man or your friend but if it was you we were the family with the crazy 2 year old (and told us you didn't mind us passing by to take him to the bathroom bc you remembered those days!)

Hi Leezer,

Yes that was me!!! And I do remember those days. My younger son jut turned 21 yesterday!!!!

Hope you had a great time on the Oasis, we all did!

Hi, I'm back... Sorry for the delay in posting but two things came into the way of continuing this review, the first WORK, I have to stop doing that... the second is that we lost internet yesterday at home.

But before I begin the review I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! I hope that my Cruise Critic friends and those who love RCCI will as happy as my wife and I were when we heard the news. My younger son is a Jr at the University of Miami majoring in Finance and Economics. He called us yesterday and told us that he has been ACCEPTED INTO THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN RISING SENIORS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM for this summer in the Finance division!! He will be working at the Port of Miami!!

Ok, the proud father is now going to continue this review..

I like to get up early in the morning and walk around the ship. It is a peaceful feeling before the masses start to enjoy the Oasis. Here are few pictures I took that first morning of the cruise...

Beachpoolearlymorning_zps896ad996.jpg

Beach Pool

CentralParkmorning3_zpsf8898200.jpg

Central Park

CentralParkmorning2_zps78fb123f.jpg

Central Park

CentralParkmorning1_zpsb6979453.jpg

Central Park

I think I was up and out around 6 AM to take those pictures..

DAY TWO, NASSAU... or do I really want to get off the ship..

TIP FOR TODAY!! Bring "Post-It-Notes" and use them to communicate. My wife and I posted on the mirror of our cabin.

So Nassau is not a great place in my opinion to visit. I do not shop for jewelry (nor does my wife, again lucky me!), I have stayed at Atlantis (very expensive and not worth it) and straw is not my favorite thing to wear. But off the boat I went. Our friend's daughters wanted to go the Senior Frogs and walk around so we went to keep them safe and keep them company. Here is a photo tour of what we saw...

nassau-downtown-map_zpsdf01d42b.jpg

A little map of Downtown Nassau

governmenthouse_zps7c96dc8f.jpg

Government House

NOTthegovernmenthouse_zps7c86bff1.jpg

NOT Government House

OceanView-makeanoffer_zps1f2a4cb2.jpg

Ocean View for sale..name your price!

junkanoobeach_zps8d0fc5d5.jpg

Junkanoo Beach...this is about a 10 minute walk from the Ship

JunkanooBeach3_zps31f446fd.jpg

Junkanoo Beach

shrinetoshlock_zpsfc052272.jpg

Monument to the gift that keeps on giving

#re-gift #notinmyhouse

myboatapproaching_zpsa62ee89a.jpg

Who stole my yacht!!

AquotContestquotatSeniorFrogs_zpsb867dd53.jpg

"Contest" at Senior Frogs

AdrinkatSeniorFrogs_zps8971d8c9.jpg

Enjoying some refreshment at Senior Frogs (one drink is non-alcoholic)

TheLine-Up_zpsb15725ef.jpg

The Line-Up for the day..there was a total of 5 ships in port

backattheOasis_zps5278ec43.jpg

Back to the Oasis