How is the room service & buffet coffee?

tbmrt

We just got off the Century and I thought the coffee was very weak. LIke the previous poster, coffee is subjective and up to individual tastes. I like a stronger smooth coffee like Illy (Starbucks is too bitter). The coffee at Cova Cafe was worth the expense as I thought the buffet coffee was so weak it didn't have much coffee flavor.

Also coffee and food and service can change from day to day and week to week.

A lot of times our favorite land based restaurants will have off days. Most times great but sometimes slow service or the food is not up to par as on other days. Coffee too.

So one person making coffee one day may not be the same person making it another day or another cruise.

For the best cup of coffee go to Cafe Bacio or Cova Cafe in the morning. All their coffees are expresso based. They can give you a to go container. then take your coffee to the buffet and pour it in a ceramic cup and enjoy with your breakfast.

I love Cafe Americano early in the morning, afternoon and evening:)

just got off the Reflection - coffee in the Oceanview buffet was in my opinion terrible but the coffee at the Cafe was wonderful.

We only took advance of room service twice - once for breakfast and once for a midnight snack and both times the service was prompt, the food was delicious and plentiful.

You order room service to arrive within 30 minute increments. Usually, it arrives within the first 10 minutes of that time period.

Cruise ships tend to serve some pretty strong coffee, but I've found Celebrity's room service coffee to be pretty good.

Room service is really quite nice... If you have balcony and above cabin it's really great. Sit and soak in the moment

Totally agree:). As for that first cup of coffee in the morning from room service, if I don't have to make it and it's delivered.....can't be all that bad;):D

Had room service the first few days but it was so terrible I stopped it and walked down one deck to Cafe al Bacio first thing in the morning. They suggested I get a double shot (I had the free drink package) to start my morning and I agreed. Brought it and all those great FREE pastries back to my balcony.

Had room service the first few days but it was so terrible I stopped it and walked down one deck to Cafe al Bacio first thing in the morning. They suggested I get a double shot (I had the free drink package) to start my morning and I agreed. Brought it and all those great FREE pastries back to my balcony.

I'm up at 4:30am usually....Any coffee available anywhere at that hour?

What time does Cafe open? Is coffee and pastries there just free with Premium package? (I haven't decided whether or not to upgrade yet)

Thank you.

Barbara

Barbara,

there is always coffee at one station in the buffet 24/7. Cafe Bacio opens at 6 or 6:30 am. You canget room service in the early morning 5am on for breakfast .

All the pasteries in the Cafe Bacio are free for everyone.You do not even have to order a beverage. Beverages have a charge, unless you have a drink package then they are included up to your price point.

In my opinion the no-extra charge brewed coffee on the ship is terrible. Sometimes it approaches barely acceptable but more often than not it is just pain bad.

Because of this we've either bought our coffee at the espresso bar (café al Bacio on most of the ships) or brought some kind of coffee with us such as Starbucks Via instant coffee or a coffee press.

I'm up at 4:30am usually....Any coffee available anywhere at that hour?

What time does Cafe open? Is coffee and pastries there just free with Premium package? (I haven't decided whether or not to upgrade yet)

Thank you.

Barbara

Coffee is available 24 hours a day in the buffet and from room service. Café could refer to the buffet or the espresso bar. In the buffet at least one beverage station is always open and breakfast usually starts around 7AM on most days but earlier if there is an early arrival at a port of call. The espresso bar has similar hours.

There is no charge for pastries anyplace on the ship. Coffee in the buffet is no charge and coffee at the espresso bar is included with the unlimited beverage packages or available to purchase by the cup if you do not have a package.

Edited by Lsimon