long wait times on the phone to make a reservation

What's going on lately with phone reservations with Royal Caribbean. Yesterday I was on the phone waiting in the queue for 1 and a half hours before giving up. Today I've been on the phone for over 2 hours and I still haven't gotten through. Anyone else having the same problem?

My SIL was on line today booking a cruise. She did finally get through. Not sure how long it took. My sister also was trying to get through and said there was a long wait. She couldn't hang online any longer and decided to give up and try again tomorrow.

i too am on hold & have been for over 2 hrs! how did u get answered in 4 min?

I do not know... I just called... .put the phone on speaker... and in about 4 minutes (because I was timing it with my stop watch app... because everyone was talking about how long it took to get through) and they answered. I have booked 3 cruises in the past week and have not had any trouble getting someone to answer. I do book on line... then call to update the details and have the invoice emailed to me. I do know that if I was on hold for more than 20 minutes I'd hang up and try again. I know that sometimes on any phone system you can get 'lost'... but I have had no trouble. And I have friends that booked today and had no trouble. Maybe we are routed to a different call center.... but that is just a guess!

Just in case you missed in the first hundred times...

Royal Caribbean International has activities you'd expect to find on land, but instead at sea, with something to suit every taste and adventure level.

If you're looking for something a bit more active, we offer rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, pool tables, basketball and soccer courts, boxing ring, state of the art fitness center, and our FlowRider surf simulator.

If that isn't enough, our groundbreaking Oasis class ships feature seven incredible neighborhoods packed with first-at-sea experiences: the oceanside Aquatheater, a hand-carved carousel, Starbucks, 3D movie theater, zip-line, designer shopping at Coach and Guess stores, and much more!

The young, and the young at heart, will enjoy swimming pools, bungie trampolines, and mini-golf, not to mention a variety of world-class, onboard entertainment including Tony award winning Broadway shows like Chicago, Hairspray, and the hit show Saturday Night Fever. We have thrilling shows in the Aquatheater.

And let's not forget about the Dreamworks Experience, offer exclusively onboard Royal Caribbean ships. You and your children can spend time with your favorite characters from Shrek, Madagascar, and other Dreamworks Animation films.

You'll enjoy countless nightlife options including intimate wine bars, lounges, and dance clubs. So much to choose from.

We pride ourselves on providing a wealth of options to help you indulge and unwind. Treat yourself in our day spa, offering a wide variety of the latest therapies to help you relax and rejuvenate on your cruise vacation.

Lounge poolside, or enjoy a mid-day soak in a whirlpool, or participate in our unique Vitality wellness program that provides customized encouragement and education toward achieving total wellness in mind, body, and spirit.

In short, if you can dream it, Royal Caribbean can provide it.

Yes, I got bored while waiting on hold. :o

If you are a C & A member, call their direct number. I did the waiting game many times before I discovered this...only waited about five minutes on that line.

Please Quote Number, PLEASE.

3 hours back they said i would have to wait 15 minutes?

Thank You

I have been on hold now for one hour. I am not booking ...I just need to have them make a correction to I voice. Suppose some new promotion will happen tomorrow. Just tired of hearing how " all agents are assisting other callers". Not going to stay up half the night waiting for my turn!

I've tried getting in three times in the last couple weeks. Gave up after 20 minutes each time. I have to book through the phone or an interline TA, since you can't book interline fares online. I've always preferred going through RCI directly in the past, but I might have to go through a TA.

But, our last cruise was just so-so, and it seemed like service had been cut back, now it seems I basically have to beg them to take my money. So my wife that has been very excited about a new years cruise for a couple years is now saying we should do something else.

What's going on lately with phone reservations with Royal Caribbean. Yesterday I was on the phone waiting in the queue for 1 and a half hours before giving up. Today I've been on the phone for over 2 hours and I still haven't gotten through. Anyone else having the same problem?

Reservations open at 8 AM EST...between 9:30 AM- 8 PM EST is the worst time to call...call early if you can..I have NEVER waited more than 1-2 minutes..also, Mon is the worst day to call...Wed or Thurs is best, early....good luck...