No nachos/taco bar on Allure

We just got off of the Allure of the seas and I was very disappointed that they no longer have the nacho chips and taco bar in the Wipe Out Cafe or in the Windjammer. This was our 10th cruise with Royal and I have become accustomed to the snack in the Windjammer and on the Oasis class it has been in the Wipe out cafe. I looked every day and when I asked I was told they changed their menu. Instead the had a pork wrap and Caesar salad. I was not happy with this and wonder if the are doing this so you pay to go to Rita's. We went to Rita's but it didn't have the same items I'm used to in the Windjammer.

Well i don't like that. I always looked forward to the taco bar in the afternoon. We usually come in from ports and relax in the Windjammer for snacks. I hope this change isn't fleet wide.

I hope this is April Fools, but I can definitely see Royal doing something like this if their Rita's numbers aren't up to snuff. Loved the nachos in the windjammer on freedom last year.

I hope this is April Fools, but I can definitely see Royal doing something like this if their Rita's numbers aren't up to snuff. Loved the nachos in the windjammer on freedom last year.

If it's not an April Fool's joke, I would imagine it may also be that people tend to make a complete mess of the taco bar. Nacho sauce dribbled and splattered everywhere, shredded lettuce and cheese scattered all over the place like a tornado came through, etc. Maybe Royal got tired of the mess.

If it's not an April Fool's joke, I would imagine it may also be that people tend to make a complete mess of the taco bar. Nacho sauce dribbled and splattered everywhere, shredded lettuce and cheese scattered all over the place like a tornado came through, etc. Maybe Royal got tired of the mess.

I never saw the station like that on Freedom. That would be disappointing if true.

I think the "our Rita's numbers are down, get rid of the windjammer taco section" explanation is far more likely.

Only Royal knows, hopefully tacos and nachos find their way back into the windjanmer

Edited by wmp.dll

I stopped eating at the Nacho Bar two cruises ago when I saw somebody take the spoon out of the sour cream, lick it off, and then put it back in the sour cream. This wasn't a child either.

I went straight to the closest employee I could find to tell them, but I am not sure how well they understood me.

I am sure all kinds of nasty things can happen at a buffet, but that was the first time I actually saw somebody lick the spoon.

This is due to the world wide nachos shortage due to climate change that has effected the nachos crops.

Almost. It is actually the Mexican drug lords who have already hijacked the lime crop and ruined the margarita market. Now they are hijacking nachos to corner the entire drink and snack combination to hold us all hostage before upcoming Cinco de Mayo. Corona beware!

I stopped eating at the Nacho Bar two cruises ago when I saw somebody take the spoon out of the sour cream, lick it off, and then put it back in the sour cream. This wasn't a child either.

I went straight to the closest employee I could find to tell them, but I am not sure how well they understood me.

I am sure all kinds of nasty things can happen at a buffet, but that was the first time I actually saw somebody lick the spoon.

:eek: It takes all kinds :(

I've seen both of these at the wipeout cafe on Oasis AND Allure. I think it's worse there than at the Windjammer because of the proximity of the Wipeout Cafe to the activity areas. So, like Waterbug, I really wouldn't be surprised if it was removed because of the savages. :eek:

We leave on the Allure on Sunday,

Check for Limes

Check for Nacho Bar (last cruise we never even set for in the Wipe Out Cafe, so this cruise I'm going to have to find it, at least).

Anything else need checked?

Dolby1000

We were on the March 16th Allure sailing and missed the nachos as well! I had them for lunch almost every sea day on Oasis. I didn't enjoy the Wipeout cafe nearly as much on this sailing. I ate there when convenient and hungry but never made a special trip there like on previous sailings.

We were on the March 16th Allure sailing and missed the nachos as well! I had them for lunch almost every sea day on Oasis. I didn't enjoy the Wipeout cafe nearly as much on this sailing. I ate there when convenient and hungry but never made a special trip there like on previous sailings.

What does the wipeout cafe normally offer for lunch? Do they reopen for snacks later in the day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.. hiding condiments behind pool towels...

April fools, I get it.

I wish it was an April Fools. But like I said I checked every day and there were no nachos to be found. This was also my favorite part of the afternoon and I was so upset that I couldn't get them. They always had hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries but you could only eat so much of that.

If this is true it could be a deal breaker for me. Nothing like getting back on the ship from a day in port and grabbing a big plate of nachos!!!

It is a deal breaker for me too. At least on this ship anyway, the Windjammer was not open in the afternoon past 3:30. So you had to go to the Wipeout cafe and all they had was the typical hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and pizza. The same thing every day. I asked about the nachos/tacos and they said they changed their menu and no longer have those.

I agree. I loved the Wipeout Cafe on Oasis but not on Allure. They had the same hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and pizza and that got old. The Windjammer wasn't even open for an afternoon snack past 3:30. At least the Park Cafe was open and we could get something good there. The Allure was not my favorite ship for the food and that's what we look forward to. Not again for me if I can help it.

It is a deal breaker for me too. At least on this ship anyway, the Windjammer was not open in the afternoon past 3:30. So you had to go to the Wipeout cafe and all they had was the typical hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and pizza. The same thing every day. I asked about the nachos/tacos and they said they changed their menu and no longer have those.

That sucks. I hope they still have them on Indy in 2 weeks. It's sad to say but we have even gone back to the ship early in order to get the nachos before the WJ would close. I don't know what it was about them. And it was like a hidden secret too. No one seemed to really know about them. So many people would ask us where we got them.