Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

I just don't get it. It seems that everyone who calls is allowed to book all their dining reservations now. Why did Royal stipulate the May 15th date? What's the catch? Has anyone been shot down and told to wait until May?

I just don't get it. It seems that everyone who calls is allowed to book all their dining reservations now. Why did Royal stipulate the May 15th date? What's the catch? Has anyone been shot down and told to wait until May?

Yes, unfortunately I was turned down yesterday. Got through last evening and the gentleman I spoke to told me I had not been pre-approved. Reasons he gave me that I was part of a group reservation ( I did not know this) and that people were randomly selected from people who had booked with Royal Caribbean directly. He told me Loyalty level was not considered and that level of cabin (for example booked in a suite) did not play into the decision. He repeated it was random. I asked him to speak to a supervisor because I will be on Explorer of the Seas on May 15 and I will not waste a day of my vacation trying to schedule reservations for Quantum. (We all know how the internet works onboard). He was polite but I got nowhere with him.

Has anyone else got a "no" and what reasons did they give you? When we get home from our May cruise I will try to book reservations but if this becomes more of a problem we are thinking of cancelling even though we are very excited about the new ship. Chris & Carl

Thank you Beach Ball for the quick response. We are also booked on the May 8 Bermuda and Caribbean Explorer run. I fully agree that trying to use the ship's internet to book dining will most likely be impossible. It's been my experience aboard the Explorer that the cruise line "free" sites usually don't work. At 85 cents a minute and the ridiculously slow system, I will have wait until we get home. We like to dine early. I don't think that will happen on the Quantum.

I would suggest that if you want to find out if you have been pre-selected a quick phone call to C&A will give you that information. It is noted in your booking if you have been pre-selected. From what the young man told me, they are not going to be calling 8000 people!:eek:

Here is the number to the D+ desk 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" anytime during the greeting).

I had to call C&A tonight on an unrelated matter and since I had the young man on the phone I thought I would ask about Quantum dining reservations. He asked for our booking numbers and saw that we were also pre-selected. :D

All of our days are reserved at the times we wanted and at the places we wanted. We did leave several days open for Specialty Dining.

I can't believe I was actually preselected. I was able to call and make all my reservations. I am sure I may change a few, but the big thing I got was my reservation to Wonderland. From talking to the representative, that seems to be the most popular choice of the pay restaurants. It sounded as if she had already helped several other people make their reservations.

So, definitely call C&A and see if you are pre-selected. I was quite surprised to find out that I was.

I haven't as yet seen any posts from anyone booked with a UK TA or RCCL UK post that they have been selected for the pre booking.

I originally booked this Quantum cruise while onboard another cruise. Maybe that is a factor.

I don't think they will 'run out' of free restaurants, except possibly for Coastal Kitchen, as there is not as much availability, but I am wondering if you can order in for room service anyway, if you are in a full suite.

As for booking when you get on board, through the terribly slow internet, I would not do that. I am sure that you will be able to go to guest services or a kiosk to book your dining times. I cannot imagine that they will require people to pay for internet access to book a free dining venue. That would be ridiculous.

They are saying May 15th now to give people a date. I am guessing that once they work out some of the problems, they will start letting people with closer sail dates to book. So I would just keep looking.

Thank you Beach Ball for the quick response. We are also booked on the May 8 Bermuda and Caribbean Explorer run. I fully agree that trying to use the ship's internet to book dining will most likely be impossible. It's been my experience aboard the Explorer that the cruise line "free" sites usually don't work. At 85 cents a minute and the ridiculously slow system, I will have wait until we get home. We like to dine early. I don't think that will happen on the Quantum.

Hi djjoe,

Just a little frustrated that some people are booking early. RC states that booking will open May 15 and then you read 800+ people are making their reservations.

Looking forward to the Explorer in 5 weeks. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. Just putting the Quantum

concerns on the back burner. Perhaps we will meet on the Explorer. Have a great day. Chris & Carl

Hi djjoe,

Just a little frustrated that some people are booking early. RC states that booking will open May 15 and then you read 800+ people are making their reservations.

Looking forward to the Explorer in 5 weeks. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. Just putting the Quantum

concerns on the back burner. Perhaps we will meet on the Explorer. Have a great day. Chris & Carl

If only 800 people have been selected, they have only released a small amount of reservations.

4 cruises per month x 9 months minimum (May through Jan 2015) x 3000 people per cruise is 108,000 people that need to book. Did I guesstimate that correctly?

I just booked. Thought I would ask about capacity for those who are interested:

Wonderland:62

Chops: 108

Jamie's: 132

Coastal Kitchen: 128

Remainder have greater than 400

Btw, thanks. Adding those to my chart.

As usual, I got a rock!

Called today to politely ask if I was one of the selected people for our Quantum Cruise and was told no.

They said to try and have everything we want and when ready for May 15 and either call or do it online, but they expect it to be very busy and messy.

I called today, and was initially told that I was not pre-selected; however, shortly after hanging up, I received a phone call (Blocked ID) from RCCL telling me that I was pre-selected for Dynamic Dining pre-reservations. I immediately called RCCL back and was able to book the restaurants that we wanted at the times we wanted. We were even invited to book Coastal Kitchen, even though we are not sailing in a suite this time.

Michael's Genuine Pub, Chef's Table, & Devinely Decadence were not available for booking. I did not ask about Chops Grille or Izumi, since we have eaten there on numerous occasions. One tidbit of information the C&A Rep gave me, was that Devinely Decadence is going to be serving breakfast as well. He said the focus of that venue was dishes under 500 calories. He commented that they were working on some type of cinnamon roll dish for breakfast. Sounds tasty!

I'm sure we will want to make changes; however, we were able to book a night in each of the new venues, which is exciting. I just hope we are successful in booking the other options that were not available.

Hi Everyone,

I just got the call today from a Dynamic Dining rep around 1PM. We're Diamond now but will be D+ by the April 12th sailing.

I almost didn't answer the phone:eek:

This was very exciting we're never pre-selected for anything.

We made all our reservations with specialty dining( Chops, Wonderland and Jamies Italian) included all for 7:30PM.

I was also interested in CK but have heard conflicting reports that for a few days they have it open to non suite quests to book. Some say yes and no.

I'll try calling back and see.

There are no lunch reservations set up yet to book.

Now i'm hoping this time won't conflict with the shows.

It's really surprising they can't reveal the entertainment schedule:confused:

Once the schedule opens up Dynamic Dining will be a mess with calls.

I'm just glad to have it all done.

Liz:)

Emmy said she was able to book for April 12.

We are also on that sailing - I did call the other day to inquire if I was pre-selected & was told yes. Last night I called back with all my choices & got almost all the 1st choice in times - maybe off by 1/2 hour.

A couple of nights ago my phone did ring & it said "no called ID" - I normally don't answer those calls - I wonder if that was them calling?

Pat

Hi,

I just got off the phone with Sandy from Dynamic Dining.

I told her how I was interested in booking Coastal Kitchen. That I heard some non suite quests were able to book.

After she went through our reservations names etc. She said that Coastal kitchen is definitely NOT opened up to non suites to book.

Those that did book might be getting a call:confused:

I tried but no go:)

So are there any suite quests willing to take my DH and I under their wing:p

Liz

After she went through our reservations names etc. She said that Coastal kitchen is definitely NOT opened up to non suites to book.

Those that did book might be getting a call:confused:

This is getting exciting.

While on both the Oasis and the Allure I never saw Izumi filled up. The night we went more than a quarter of the tables were empty.

The three times we were on Oasis we ate at Izumi and I was surprised how packed it was. I've never seen a busier restaurant on any ship other than Chops on OA. We eat at 8:30 so maybe late dining times are popular for Izumi on OA.

Edited by mommabean