Lunch in the MDR

I'm just wondering what determines whether lunch is offered in the MDR or not. I've checked previous compasses, and there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule that I can see.

Is there a formula or is it a day by day decision?

I know on Oasis, lunch in in the MDR is offered only on sea days. And from what I can tell, most ships offer lunch in the MDR but probably on seas days as well. But someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just wondering what determines whether lunch is offered in the MDR or not. I've checked previous compasses, and there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule that I can see.

Is there a formula or is it a day by day decision?

only on Sea days. port days there is no need to tie the staff up as most people will be on shore.

On our Indy cruise 2 years ago the MDR was only open on sea days.

I would thoroughly encourage everyone to try lunch in MDR one day... fab salad bar and really lovely meals and desserts... we enjoyed them more than our evening meals :). The servers are not as busy as the evenings so have more time to spend with you chatting etc (if you want them to), so that was really nice.

You can be in and out within 30 minutes if you want to too, so great if you have lots packed into your sea days.

Enjoy!

Just got off the Oasis Eastern. It was only on Sea days and also in Port in Nassau as we left port early. The Tutti Salad Bar is the best!!

See my review..

Oasis, 3/22-29/14, so so writing.......really pretty girls. I have listed the compass for all days and continuing to write the review.

Caneguy

Funny....this is posted right on the RC website under dining options:

Brasserie 30

Join us for lunch on port days in the Main Dining Room. This venue serves world-class cuisine in 30 minutes or less by offering international fare, daily chef specials along with a Tutti Salad station.

I remembered reading it, because I thought it was only on sea days!

On itineraries that stop at Labadee, the MDR is usually open for lunch that day and the Windjammer is closed because the staff from there is working at the buffets on shore.

On Allure in January and when we were at Labadee, the MDR was not open for lunch. Windjammer was open from 11:30 am till 3:30 pm. { hrs taken from Compass } :( MDR was open for b'fast from 7am till 9am. :)