Cruise Documents

dmacp

> Letter carrier for the one who delivers your mail directly....<

Is a "letter carrier" permitted to deliver a brochure? Newspaper? Magazine? Package?

Shouldn't there be specific titles and persons for each of these specialties?

Ira

Well, we have super boxes up here and word from Canada Post is that everyone will have a super box and no more home delivery. That is the day I will rent a box and have all my mail sent there. The latest super box theft took the entire box, they are constantly being broken into and the mail stolen.

Fortunately our TA receives all of our travel documents, then couriers the package out to us after she checks it over. She also watches the flights to make sure there are no changes while we are away and if there is contacts us to let us know about the change.

Still think some people are missing the point. Would you want your bank to send you your banking information or credit card in a clear plastic mailer that reads here's your banking information or here's your new credit card. Same thing, "O" needs to rethink this, information that your gone isn't good. Why do you but timers on your lights, stop your newspaper and other things to keep your place safe while your gone. You wouldn't put a sign up that states "On Vacation" in front of your house when you leave.

Rick

Do not think anyone is missing the point

If unhappy with the way your docs come contact Oceania & complain

We get other stuff in plastic wrappers BUT they have a plain sheet of paper with just our address showing on top of the item

Some plastic wrappers have white plastic cover so you cannot read anything through it

I have not received the plastic bag mailer but I do not think it is environmentally friendly...at least the endless brochures can be recycled

Lyn

Still think some people are missing the point. Would you want your bank to send you your banking information or credit card in a clear plastic mailer that reads here's your banking information or here's your new credit card. Same thing, "O" needs to rethink this, information that your gone isn't good. Why do you but timers on your lights, stop your newspaper and other things to keep your place safe while your gone. You wouldn't put a sign up that states "On Vacation" in front of your house when you leave.

Rick

Maybe not missing the point just a different level of concern.

Yes, of course I want to take reasonable precautions with my personal info (some might think an excessive level - I got a shiny new shredder for Christmas). Yesterday I received my tax return assessment in a plain brown envelope. *everyone* recognizes that envelope and knows it contains my full name, tax #, etc. Though most is on-line I get occasional investment account statements via mail. One can assume what is inside. Etc, etc.

So yes, I agree it would be better if O obfuscated the contents but I still won't cancel my alarm service.

BTW I do NOT cancel the newspaper service because I don't want the carriers (who have a lot less to lose than a post office job) know exactly when I am leaving and returning. Our neighbors look out for each other.

We received our documents yesterday for our upcoming Black Sea cruise....does it bother anyone that they mail these in Clear wrapper? I mean it is basically a public announcement that we are going on a cruise soon. If someone were to open that, they would know when we are going to be out of the country for a long period of time.

I would think a more secure means of mailing would be more appropriate.

The part that is visible through the plastic... does it actually state your cruise dates? i.e. Is anything visible, without opening it, that indicate that you will be gone and when? If you are worried about someone opening it to find out if and when you'll be gone, then surely you get other things in the mail that someone could open and read to gain confidential information.

I certainly see the issue and have also been a victim of identity theft; but I don't let something like an envelope from a cruise company get me concerned. If I was concerned about it, I would also be concerned about other mail I receive and probably just use a PO box to protect my mail from non-post office people.

Exactly.