Monte Carlo or Nice (MCM or NCE)

kimanjo

I'm sure this has been answered here before, but since the Search feature is disabled, I am unable to search for it.

Just made a deposit for a sailing Barcelona to Monte Carlo. The confirmation for the air (which I have not booked yet) says ATL-BCN MCM-ATL..

I am guessing you really fly out of NCE?

Ways to get to NCE is Helicopter (which is what shows up on ITA) or Train, or private car or shuttle...

For those who have disembarked in Monte Carlo, and flew out that day, using O's air, how did you get to Nice?

Is it just really a "transfer" from MCM to NCE?

I'm sure this has been answered here before, but since the Search feature is disabled, I am unable to search for it.

Search feature is working fine

Try search this forum on the Oceania main page

Will search.. When did it come bacK??

Last month ;)

Just a wild guess

If you are using O transfers you will probably be bussed to the airport unless you pay extra for the helicopter flight;)

Lyn

kimanjo:

Do you have to stay in Monte Carlo the night before departing? If not, it is so much easier to stay in Nice. The airport is merely a 10 minute cab ride from most hotels and about 35 euros (that was at 5am). From Monte Carlo I would add an additonal 20-30 minutes extra and more euros!

Enjoy your cruise and safe travels!

kimanjo:

Do you have to stay in Monte Carlo the night before departing? If not, it is so much easier to stay in Nice. The airport is merely a 10 minute cab ride from most hotels and about 35 euros (that was at 5am). From Monte Carlo I would add an additonal 20-30 minutes extra and more euros!

Enjoy your cruise and safe travels!

I've been to Monte Carlo 3 times, and Nice once.

Deviating on arrival to BCN for a couple of days, but sticking with the flight home, day of disembarkation.

Just wondering if the departure airport really is NCE, even though it says MCM...

Isn't MCM just the heliport ??

Looking at flights from MCM they seem to connect in NCE ..so I would just think the airport in NCE

The flight time is 6 min from MCM to NCE ..

Ours has SOU to YYZ ... even though we will fly from London when the flights come out

Edited by LHT28

Isn't MCM just the heliport ??

Looking at flights from MCM they seem to connect in NCE ..so I would just think the airport in NCE

The flight time is 6 min from MCM to NCE ..

Ours has SOU to YYZ ... even though we will fly from London when the flights come out

Yes, it is just the Helipad, that's why I was kind of confused. Not crazy about helicopters.

There is NO AIRPORT in Monte Carlo. The Principality is so small there is zero space to build a mini runway and the steep hills I think would prevent one being built.

Secondly the thought of getting a taxi that early would scare me. Take the O shuttle on this occasion whatever the cost.

Finally I love Nice and dislike MC so I would stay in Nice every time......so much to do.

Brian

There is NO AIRPORT in Monte Carlo. The Principality is so small there is zero space to build a mini runway and the steep hills I think would prevent one being built.

Secondly the thought of getting a taxi that early would scare me. Take the O shuttle on this occasion whatever the cost.

Finally I love Nice and dislike MC so I would stay in Nice every time......so much to do.

Brian

Like I said, I've been to MC 3 times, and I know there is no airport there, that's why the MCM (airport code) instead of NCE (airport code) on the documents is confusing.....

it is not easy to find a taxi in monaco

in nice that is not a problem however it seems a cab from nice is not allowed to take on pax in monaco ( officially...)

when busy trafic nice airport to monte carlo can take some 50 min

the other solution is arranging a private transfer by yourself what will be a lot cheaper as done by O

it is not easy to find a taxi in monaco

in nice that is not a problem however it seems a cab from nice is not allowed to take on pax in monaco ( officially...)

when busy trafic nice airport to monte carlo can take some 50 min

the other solution is arranging a private transfer by yourself what will be a lot cheaper as done by O

Need a transfer or not, that's what I'm trying to figure out....

The airport listed is MCM (the Heliport). But I suspect the REAL airport of departure is NCE. So, how does O's air get you from MCM to NCE (NOT using their transfer)?

It seems their transfer IS included to go from MCM to NCE (certainly not heli??) because the airport of departure is listed as MCM.

That's why I searched ITA to see what their routing is. It's heli to NCE.

I searched for someone's post who disembarked in MC, using O's air, and flew home on day of disembarkation. So far can't find anyone..

Need a transfer or not, that's what I'm trying to figure out....

The airport listed is MCM (the Heliport). But I suspect the REAL airport of departure is NCE. So, how does O's air get you from MCM to NCE (NOT using their transfer)?

Unless you are using Oceania transfer you will need to book your own transport to NCE

Just because you use O's air ... they do not get you to any airport you are on your own once off the ship

When you get your final flight schedule it will most likely have NCE as the airport

Unless you are using Oceania transfer you will need to book your own transport to NCE

Just because you use O's air ... they do not get you to any airport you are on your own once off the ship

When you get your final flight schedule it will most likely have NCE as the airport

Thanks for the post. I suspected I would have to, not a problem, but seeing the airport code MCM threw me off.

I really didn't want the heli transfer, not so good on the tummy!