Upgraded to JS for $25!!!!!

I was just able to upgrade our D2 to a JS for $25!

WOOHOO... ALLURE HERE WE COME :D!!!

A little bit excited here :)!

how did you pull that one off? I've been watching prices daily to see if they go down for ours and hopefully upgrade for a reasonable price.

Just curious, did you call them or did they call you with an upsell offer? Anyway have a wonderful time! Edited by FLACRUISER99

Just curious, did you call them or did they call you with an upsell offer? Anyway have a wonderful time!

We leave in 28 days.

I saw a price drop on the website, called, the sweet young lady said it was for new bookings only but she would call her supervisor and see if anything could be done.

You should have seen my smile when she came back about five minutes later and asked which JS we would like. I had to pay $25 for the difference in balcony discount, which was MORE than fine with me :D.

I've been a little unhappy with Royal Caribbean lately with the changes to NextCruise and cutbacks but as it stands now, I couldn't be happier :).

Check those prices and call even it you suspect it may be for new bookings only!

Congrats great deal.

I called yesterday as a accessible JS cabin came available for our cruise in 5 days, we are booked in a balcony accessible as my wife is a wheelchair user....I got yes you can upgrade wait a minute I will work it out, that's going to be AN EXTRA £3000 plus £75 per person to amend the booking and you will lose you OBC.

Edited by Jason12

We leave in 28 days.

I saw a price drop on the website, called, the sweet young lady said it was for new bookings only but she would call her supervisor and see if anything could be done.

You should have seen my smile when she came back about five minutes later and asked which JS we would like. I had to pay $25 for the difference in balcony discount, which was MORE than fine with me :D.

I've been a little unhappy with Royal Caribbean lately with the changes to NextCruise and cutbacks but as it stands now, I couldn't be happier :).

Check those prices and call even it you suspect it may be for new bookings only!

very very cool, enjoy the JS, a little suprised they did this with 28 days to go

Congrats great deal.

I called yesterday as a accessible JS cabin came available for our cruise in 5 days, we are booked in a balcony accessible as my wife is a wheelchair user....I got yes you can upgrade wait a minute I will work it out, that's going to be AN EXTRA £3000 plus £75 per person to amend the booking and you will lose you OBC.

Yipes! That's over $5,000 USD. Alot for a little more room!

I take you did not accept the offer.

Congrats!! Did you book with a TA or with RCI directly? We got lucky on our last Celebrity cruise when I saw a big drop in prices, luckly I put a hold on the cabin and called my TA on Monday, still had to jump through hoops to get the upgrade. Worth the time and trouble though.

Enjoy!

Bev

We leave in 28 days.

Yes you never know, thanks for the information

Congrats!! Did you book with a TA or with RCI directly? We got lucky on our last Celebrity cruise when I saw a big drop in prices, luckly I put a hold on the cabin and called my TA on Monday, still had to jump through hoops to get the upgrade. Worth the time and trouble though.

Enjoy!

Bev

This time we booked directly through RC. It was a booking that we made onboard that we never got around to transferring to a TA.

I'm glad we didn't this time, I don't think we would have gotten the upgrade. I feel like I just got "the right" representative that was willing to try and work with us. She was so excited for us. I've never heard of them bypassing the "new bookings only" rule, but I'm thrilled she worked it out for us.

This time we booked directly through RC. It was a booking that we made onboard that we never got around to transferring to a TA.

I'm glad we didn't this time, I don't think we would have gotten the upgrade. I feel like I just got "the right" representative that was willing to try and work with us. She was so excited for us. I've never heard of them bypassing the "new bookings only" rule, but I'm thrilled she worked it out for us.

That's great! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy every second of it!

Congrats great deal.

That seems typical of how we Brits are treated!:eek:

I got you beat, I upgraded from a GS to an Owners Suite on my upcoming Adventure for a total of $4. There are three of us in our cabin. the RCI rep said that is the best one he's done so far. :)

I got you beat, I upgraded from a GS to an Owners Suite on my upcoming Adventure for a total of $4. There are three of us in our cabin. the RCI rep said that is the best one he's done so far. :)

Very good ;)