Q&A Flyer on New Suite Benefits - NEW INFORMATION

Bababooey Land

I found this Q&A Flyer from Celebrity. I think it will clear up some confusion and also confirm the new Suite Restaurant WILL be carved out from the MDR and NOT from Bistro on Five.

make sure you read the last bullet point.

"Sky Suite guests will still be able to dine in Blu - subject to availability."

Only Sky Suite guests can dine at Blu?? or All suite guests can still visit Blu? I am not really sure. but i would lean towards thinking all suite guests can still dine in Blu based on availability.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

serveral highlights:

Where will the dedicated private restaurant be located?

A section of the main dining room onboard will be converted to be used for the dedicated private restaurant for Suite Class.

Which guests have access to the dedicated private restaurant?

All guests in Suite categories – Sky Suites and higher will have access to the private restaurant.

What is the VIP lounge in Michaels Club?

A new private VIP lounge, Michael’s Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection

suites. Dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity’s James Beard featured chef will be

exclusively provided to guests.

Which stateroom categories have access to the VIP lounge?

It will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. Zenith members of our Captains

Club loyalty program also have access to this lounge.

Amenities: This private relaxation area features a wide-screen TV; reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers and books;

Premium continental breakfast, light lunch and self service snacks will be available throughout the day. Pre dinner drinks will be provided

complimentary between 5.30 pm & 8.00pm daily.

Will the pricing for Suites be different than previous years?

Our pricing varies according to market dynamics

Why are Aqua Class Suites on Celebrity Reflection not included?

Aqua Class Suites on Celebrity Reflection will be reclassified as Sky Suites with new deployment 2015/2016. These Aqua Class Suites

will become Sky Suites and receive the same benefits as Sky Suites

Can I visit Blu if I book a Sky Suite?

Beginning April 2015 all Suite Class guests will have exclusive access to a new private dedicated restaurant - reserved exclusively for

suite guests morning, noon and night.

Sky Suite guests will still be able to dine in Blu - subject to availability.

It really isn't clear. I guess they put that in because the aqua suites are becoming sky suites....so they wanted those folks to know they could still eat in Blu. However, what's not clear (nor has it been mentioned anywhere) is whether other suite guests can dine in Blu or not.

Edited by ghstudio

It really isn't clear. I guess they put that in because the aqua suites are becoming sky suites....so they wanted those folks to know they could still eat in Blu. However, what's not clear (nor has it been mentioned anywhere) is whether other suite guests can dine in Blu or not.

Agree. still not clear.

"unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity’s James Beard featured chef will be exclusively provided to guests."

I will probably drop by each day just for this.

That's a "come on". A JB featured chef on every cruise? That's like saying Celine Deon has abandoned her million dollar a night gig in Vegas to join the contortionist in the Celebrity Reflection theater.

Every cruise line has award winning food by "name your chef" and his trained chefs are on every one of the ships. This is just a continuation of the same BS that folks have believed for years.

I'm disappointed to see the aqua suite stop being offered. It was an enjoyable experience, especially on a transatlantic.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "...aqua sites are becoming sky suites..."?

The part about Aqua suites becoming sky suites make sense

Both are really not suites, just larger cabins (300 ft2) as opposed to a normal cabin 195 ft2, so makes sense to make them the same category

Since Celebrity has NO accessible suites above the level of a sky suite on any of their ships, passengers who require wheelchair accessible accommodations will not be able to purchase the upper level suites which give access to the VIP Lounge and the services of the Concierge. :(

Since Celebrity has NO accessible suites above the level of a sky suite on any of their ships, passengers who require wheelchair accessible accommodations will not be able to purchase the upper level suites which give access to the VIP Lounge and the services of the Concierge. :(

I think the Penthouse on S class would probably reasonably accommodate most people seeking handicap access fairly well. Not ALL the items found in a normal H/C room, but I know you could probably fit 4 people IN wheel chars into the shower, and it has a bench and probably only a 2" or so step up into the shower. The sink may be a bit high and difficult to use. I would imagine the butler would fined an unused ramp someplace to give veranda access.

The M class PH shower door i think would be quite tight however. But there is a bench in the shower. I actually think the Sinks in the M class PH would be usable.

I think the RS on S class might reasonably well accommodate too, as there's lots of room in the bathroom. Shower reasonable size, sinks a bit too tall maybe.

I think the RS on M class may be too tight in the bedroom and closet and bathroom areas to move around in a wheelchair, although there is a shower, its smaller I felt than on S class.

I don't recall if there were any grab bars in any of these cabins, I think there were some and they may have been designed more for general use, and may not be as many or placed as may be needed but really wasn't paying careful attention.

Celebrity suite on S class, no way. M class, no way - bathtubs are just toooo tall to get over.

Hope this is useful to some. I'm not handicapped myself, and don't really have too much knowledge on the various needs, just trying to post my observations and how they may assist some in making a decision. Hopefully others may be able to provide first-hand knowledge form a H/C perspective if they've experienced the premium cabins.

Edited by cle-guy

The part about Aqua suites becoming sky suites make sense

Both are really not suites, just larger cabins (300 ft2) as opposed to a normal cabin 195 ft2, so makes sense to make them the same category

And as another poster noted (not sure if this or another thread) Aqua Suites would have had the unique issue of ENTITLED dining on BOTH BLU and Suite dining room.....So taking away the aqua designation ensures it's simply split off of the BLU entitlement.

Wonder if they make them S3's (new designation) since they have the fancy showers...? Or will the cabins with fancy showers become inside information and some S1/S2 whatever they make them, may have the fancy shower, others not....

I think the shower is the only "hardgood" in the cabins that makes it any different than the Sky suites.

Actually AS I say that, I'm not sure if Aqua Suites and Sky suites have showers or shower-tubs or of each is different....so that MAY be another small difference.

I appreciate your giving information which may assist those who are disabled but not confined to a wheelchair to potentially utilize the upper level suites, but for those who are confined to a wheelchair, these suites are not wheelchair accessible, especially the bathrooms and verandas.

You would think that a ramp to the veranda would be quite easy to obtain, from either the butler or from maintenance. But on Celebrity that is not the case. In fact, on our last cruise on the Century, we were in a wheelchair accessible Sky Suite (which is the only class of balcony accessible cabins on the ship), but there was no ramp to the veranda.

Despite repeated requests beginning with the room steward and going to the butler, housekeeping mgr, and Director of Guest Relations, our requests for the ramp was denied, claiming a safety risk from having a portable ramp on the veranda. And this is in spite of the fact that this Sky Suite is classified by Celebrity as a wheelchair accessible Sky Suite and sold as such. So we basically had nothing more than a large outside cabin suite although we paid the Sky Suite (with balcony) price. If Celebrity won't provide a ramp for a suite classified as wheelchair accessible, then I certainly wouldn't expect them to provide a ramp to the veranda for a regular suite.

The lack of ramp is not the only problem. Assuming the suite doorway is wide enough to accommodate the wheelchair, often the bathroom door in the suites is not wide enough. And even if the bathroom doorway is wide enough, there is usually a step up into the bathroom, instead of a ramp. If the bathroom floor is the same level as the room itself and the bathroom is wide enough to provide adequate turning radius, then it may be possible to get into the bathroom, but without rails to transfer to the toilet (assuming a portable toilet riser can be obtained), it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for the wheelchair user to use the toilet. In addition, even if the shower was wide enough to allow the wheelchair to go into and any step, rise or shower track for the shower was able to be rolled over into the shower as well as back out, there would need to be rails or a transfer bench to be able to transfer to a seat to sit in the shower. Also, a handheld shower would be required. And the sink must not only be low enough, but without any shelves or blocked access underneath to be able to use.

Of course, the suite would be missing some accessible features, such as the push button to open the suite door, emergency pull cords, and an accessible closet. Plus some furniture would likely have to be rearranged or removed or substituted for smaller pieces--all that would be doable at least on the S class. (I think the bedroom would likely be too small on the M class ships) But inadequate bathroom access and no veranda access would be the breaking points for us.

Edited by montgomeryfamily

I think the Penthouse on S class would probably reasonably accommodate most people seeking handicap access fairly well. Not ALL the items found in a normal H/C room, but I know you could probably fit 4 people IN wheel chars into the shower, and it has a bench and probably only a 2" or so step up into the shower. The sink may be a bit high and difficult to use. I would imagine the butler would fined an unused ramp someplace to give veranda access.

The M class PH shower door i think would be quite tight however. But there is a bench in the shower. I actually think the Sinks in the M class PH would be usable.

I think the RS on S class might reasonably well accommodate too, as there's lots of room in the bathroom. Shower reasonable size, sinks a bit too tall maybe.

I think the RS on M class may be too tight in the bedroom and closet and bathroom areas to move around in a wheelchair, although there is a shower, its smaller I felt than on S class.

I don't recall if there were any grab bars in any of these cabins, I think there were some and they may have been designed more for general use, and may not be as many or placed as may be needed but really wasn't paying careful attention.

Celebrity suite on S class, no way. M class, no way - bathtubs are just toooo tall to get over.

Hope this is useful to some. I'm not handicapped myself, and don't really have too much knowledge on the various needs, just trying to post my observations and how they may assist some in making a decision. Hopefully others may be able to provide first-hand knowledge form a H/C perspective if they've experienced the premium cabins.

You have said everything I was going to say. I am also do not have sufficient disability to use a wheelchair [yet?] but have a condition that makes me aware of accessibilty.

Edited by Project_gal

I found this Q&A Flyer from Celebrity. I think it will clear up some confusion and also confirm the new Suite Restaurant WILL be carved out from the MDR and NOT from Bistro on Five.

Thanks for posting this. It is nice to finally have everything clearly confirmed.

Edited by Project_gal

Sky Suite guests will still be able to dine in Blu - subject to availability.

I think we have to read this alongside: Are any of the current Suite benefits going away? No. Guests will continue to enjoy the benefits they receive today in addition to these new benefits.

Edited by Project_gal

Interesting that it confirms Century is excluded, which was just an assumption before.

Since Century is leaving the fleet April 2015, no surprise they don't intend to do much there. They did convert Michael's to the VIP lounge though.

I appreciate your giving information which may assist those who are disabled but not confined to a wheelchair to potentially utilize the upper level suites, but for those who are confined to a wheelchair, these suites are not wheelchair accessible, especially the bathrooms and verandas.

Assuming the suite doorway is wide enough to accommodate the wheelchair, often the bathroom door in the suites is not wide enough. And even if the bathroom doorway is wide enough, there is usually a step up into the bathroom, instead of a ramp. If the bathroom floor is the same level as the room itself and the bathroom is wide enough to provide adequate turning radius, then it may be possible to get into the bathroom, but without rails to transfer to the toilet (assuming a portable toilet riser can be obtained), it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for the wheelchair user to use the toilet. In addition, even if the shower was wide enough to allow the wheelchair to go into and any step, rise or shower track for the shower was able to be rolled over into the shower as well as back out, there would need to be rails or a transfer bench to be able to transfer to a seat to sit in the shower. Also, a handheld shower would be required. And the sink must not only be low enough, but without any shelves or blocked access underneath to be able to use.

Of course, the suite would be missing some accessible features, such as the push button to open the suite door, emergency pull cords, and an accessible closet. Plus some furniture would likely have to be rearranged or removed or substituted for smaller pieces--all that would be doable at least on the S class. (I think the bedroom would likely be too small on the M class ships)

Thanks for adding these useful pieces of information to the discussion! I will add some more information based on your feed back.

I can confirm that the suites I considered in my prior post have wide doorways and entry hallways, wide bathroom doors and wide showers and turning radius. the S class PH has double doors into the bathroom, just like its entrance into the suite. I pointed out that the M class may have issues. There are no step ups into the showers or into the bathroom in the suites I noted other than about a 2" ledge, to get over into the shower (not into the bathroom itself) no shower rail, just a sold glass door. One would need assistance transferring to use the bench with lack of rails and the M class RS shower would not accommodate a whole wheelchair, the S class MAY squeeze one in, but it would be wall to wall to wall knees touching and no bench as an option, and the tub is quite high like they all are and would need assistance. They may not have traditional handicap width, but a chair should squeeze though. S class bathroom doors in suites are larger than M class, other than the PH on M class is large. The RS and PH on both M and S would have enough turning radius in the bathroom, S class RS would be tight, but the others are all quite large.

S and M class PH have a second set of lower hanging rails in the spare closets that would accommodate lower access to hanging clothing.

The M class PH, the vanity is cantilevered a bit, and may allow proper access, as I noted it was probably the only bathroom that may come close to being useful. Admittedly the others with their bowl sinks would cause a challenge.

Shame that can't bring ramps, they always look portable to me when I've noted them on other verandas. And of course they would not have all the pull cords, push buttons and other added accessible conveniences etc. I am just saying it would be as possible to enjoy these named suites at least as much as a hotel room that isn't fully accessible. Wonder if they have 'portable' doorbells as some hotels offer.

There are handheld showers heads in all the suites that I discussed as well (PH on S class has 2 and 2 giant ceiling shower heads)

I realize folks are subject to many challenges being confined, and am offering that these suites may well provide some of the necessities, but not all, much like many hotels do. It may not be easy, but it would probably be easier than many, many other public paces one would visit.

Are the Royal and PH suites IDEAL, no to at all. Are they the most impossible of cabins to use a wheelchair in in, no not at all compared to standard cabins or sky suites. I'd rate their accessibility about halfway between an accessible cabin and standard cabin.

I would ask anyone out there who can, to comment on the availability of grab bars in PH and RS . I'll try to make note on my next sailing and report back. If there are some, they are probably not configured quite as needed.

The PH and RS will certainly be much more HC assessable than most boutique hotels throughout Europe that's for sure. But they absolutely are not fully accessible.

I'm disappointed to see the aqua suite stop being offered. It was an enjoyable experience, especially on a transatlantic.

Yours is the only Aqua Suite I have ever seen on our Reflection TA. I guess the Persian and few bottled water benefits will go away. By the way did you receive my e mail?

Interesting observation

The lack of ramp is not the only problem. Assuming the suite doorway is wide enough to accommodate the wheelchair, often the bathroom door in the suites is not wide enough. And even if the bathroom doorway is wide enough, there is usually a step up into the bathroom, instead of a ramp. If the bathroom floor is the same level as the room itself and the bathroom is wide enough to provide adequate turning radius, then it may be possible to get into the bathroom, but without rails to transfer to the toilet (assuming a portable toilet riser can be obtained), it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for the wheelchair user to use the toilet.

There is a huge step-up to the bathroom in the Sky Suites on the Millennium. It is actually dangerous even if one is not in a wheelchair. I like the high bathtubs, but wondered how difficult it was for older passengers to step over (not to mention for someone in a wheelchair).

Edited by Jade13

As an FYI this flyer is partially incorrect. While the perks do start April 1st the rollout date for each ship is different. It starts with the new deployment itineraries and not on April 1st across the fleet. I saw the April 1st start date and called X since we are booked for a April 4th cruise. They passed me along to the Resolutions department for clarification. I strongly suggested that they correct their wording.

As an FYI this flyer is partially incorrect. While the perks do start April 1st the rollout date for each ship is different. It starts with the new deployment itineraries and not on April 1st across the fleet. I saw the April 1st start date and called X since we are booked for a April 4th cruise. They passed me along to the Resolutions department for clarification. I strongly suggested that they correct their wording.

This is not the information we received from someone in Michael Bayley's office who made the effort to get the definitive answer for us. She had been told previously that the implementation was for the 2015/16 season - the same as the UK office had been told. However, her answer [after enquiring further], a few weeks ago, was that they were planning for a 1 April implementation and that, at that point, they were confident for 15 April. Like you, I mentioned, the 1 April wording and however the general public would not understand cruise seasons in the same way staff at Celebrity. In view of the timing, I took these FAQs as confirmation of the 1 April date.

This is not the information we received from someone in Michael Bayley's office who made the effort to get the definitive answer for us. She had been told previously that the implementation was for the 2015/16 season - the same as the UK office had been told. However, her answer [after enquiring further], a few weeks ago, was that they were planning for a 1 April implementation and that, at that point, they were confident for 15 April. Like you, I mentioned, the 1 April wording and however the general public would not understand cruise seasons in the same way staff at Celebrity. In view of the timing, I took these FAQs as confirmation of the 1 April date.

There are going to be some upset people who saw the flyer and booked thinking that they receive the new perks and then find out that their sailing is not included in the perks. They have a date for each ship for the April implementation. The person that I spoke with yesterday in resolution pulled up my reservation and then the ship schedule to confirm. He confirmed what we had in fact been told on the ship. The new perks start with the new season deployments which I'm fine with but X needs to correct their information.

Edited by cruisingator2