book onboard, transfer to TA questions

theampres

do all book onboard perks transfer w/booking to TA? does the reduced deposit paid onboard hold the booking, or will we need to increase deposit amount when transferring to TA?

also, is it true that all onboard bookings now get the classic drink pkg? (think I read something about that somewhere..? or, is that something that goes into effect only after current 1,2,3 promo ends, 30 April?) if true now, i.e., all onboard bookings get drink pkg, then, does that mean we can 'pick another perk' if booking made onboard prior to 30 April?

thanks in advance for replies to all or any part of above questions :)

Any perks offered by Celebrity will transfer with the booking when it is moved to a TA, but it is always a good idea to have written proof of the perks from Celebrity and then have your TA confirm they are still on the booking after it is transferred.

Deposit amount will not change unless the TA puts you into a group... in that case, you may need to increase the deposit to the full amount (typically $450 per person).

Yes all on board booking benefits transfer to your TA. Just confirm what you are getting.

I haven't heard anything about a beverage package as an on board booking perk. Maybe someone else has?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any perks offered by Celebrity will transfer with the booking when it is moved to a TA, but it is always a good idea to have written proof of the perks from Celebrity and then have your TA confirm they are still on the booking after it is transferred.

Deposit amount will not change unless the TA puts you into a group... in that case, you may need to increase the deposit to the full amount (typically $450 per person).

While the TA may have a group rate for your cruise, joining that group may or may not allow you to keep your perks and it may or may not require an additional deposit. You always need to ask if any change effects the perks (or deposit).

Just a $100 each, and no more deposit until final payment due. TA gets all the info it needs to handle the booking.

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

While most deposits are $100, suites require a higher deposit.

do all book onboard perks transfer w/booking to TA? does the reduced deposit paid onboard hold the booking, or will we need to increase deposit amount when transferring to TA?

also, is it true that all onboard bookings now get the classic drink pkg? (think I read something about that somewhere..? or, is that something that goes into effect only after current 1,2,3 promo ends, 30 April?) if true now, i.e., all onboard bookings get drink pkg, then, does that mean we can 'pick another perk' if booking made onboard prior to 30 April?

Yes, it is true that 123 Go is currently available if you book while on the ship. We are going to be on a Royal ship in 3 weeks, will be booking 2 future X cruises:)

We booked a cruise while on a cruise (Reflection) this past November. The Celebrity Future Cruise agent gave us the transfer form and transferred the booking to our travel agent there on the spot. It was pretty seamless. Just make sure you have all of your travel agent's info, i.e., name/address/phone number. We got all the perks for on board booking.

Yes, all benefits transfer with you booking. Make sure to transfer within 60 days and check to make sure that the booking stayed the same. I just transferred a booking made on board and the information was initially incorrect on the new Celebrity invoice. Celebrity did correct the mistake.

The 123Go/PYP is now included with on board bookings except for some exceptions like TAs. It is not a free classic drink package program, but it is one of the choices. No, you cannot combine it to get another PYP choice.

When we booked onboard a few days ago we were able to get the Pick-A-Perk promotion plus a substantial OBC. It also says on Celebrity's homepage that it is done with all onboard bookings throughout the year now, transtlantics, transpacifics and repo cruise ( I think) are excluded, though.

We were able to transfer the booking to our travel agent with no problem. They usually put in the travel agent you have used for your last booking, if you don't want that, you must tell them.

They usually put in the travel agent you have used for your last booking, if you don't want that, you must tell them.
Glad you mentioned this because it is a very important point for everyone to know.

Sometimes they ask you first, but sometimes they don't.

Many passengers are not even aware that this can happen.

Then they are very upset when they receive a great offer from a new travel agent they want to use, only to find out that the booking had already been assigned to the other travel agent without their knowledge.