Price Drop!!!!!

leepep

Just thought I would check one last time today before I made my final payment and SCORE!!! Huge drop on our balcony room and good drop on our kids interior room....1500.00 total....so happy....June 28. Jewel of the Seas...

Check your bookings!!!!

Just thought I would check one last time today before I made my final payment and SCORE!!! Huge drop on our balcony room and good drop on our kids interior room....1500.00 total....so happy....June 28. Jewel of the Seas...

Check your bookings!!!!

Congrats! We had a big price drop like that once back in 2007. We also had a balcony and an interior for the kids and saved on both. Great feeling!

If you already have made your final payment and the there is a price drop, can you ask for an upgrade or an onboard credit. Or are you just out of luck.

If it is before final payment date, you can get a credit to your credit card. After final payment date, upgrades are the only possibility.

Please forgive me :

I haven't sail RCL for many yrs.. and have been sailing with CCL buying ES with savings drop you just call the booking person and they adjust it up to 2 days till cruising..

Please tell me how to do it with RCL

If I book two cabins on the AOS and the price drops before the final due date... do I just call my booking agent and they credit me..

Thanks.. looking to sailing with RCL again.

Cathy

Hi,

Can you tell me exactly how and where to check for a price drop on the RCI site?My cruise isn't until September, but I'd like to check for any price drop!

Thanks!

Go to Royal's home page, fill in the data in the "Find a Cruise" section. Click Find Cruises, and then click on the date of your cruise. Choose your exact stateroom category, and fill in the info about place of residence, Senior, Military, etc.

If you already have made your final payment and the there is a price drop, can you ask for an upgrade or an onboard credit. Or are you just out of luck.

You can ask for an upgrade. And if you get a "no" from the first person, hang up and call again. I was in an inside once and after final payment, the balcony cabins were going for only $40 more. I was told "no" the first two calls. On call #3 I started the conversation with "How much to upgrade ...?" That set the tone right off the bat that I was willing to pay more $$. I think the first two reps didn't even want to bother pulling up the reservation.

Check your bookings!!!!

I'm really surprised, that usually happens just after the final payment date or seems to be with our bookings.:rolleyes:

Thank you for the head's up!!!!

We're sailing on Jewel the week before you, final payment was last week and price had NOYPT budged.

Checked tonight on seeing your post and figured, it doesn't hurt to ask ... was able to call tonight, cancel and rebook, and, even with deposit penalties and lost OBC, still saved over $300. We booked direct so I just called RCI ... Rep was great and we were able to retain our connecting room with travel mates. I know this is not always the case, so I am thrilled.

Again, thank you for the head's up on the price drop!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by abbede

That's always great when we get the price break. I still owe $250 for my November cruise, but I'm going to wait until close to final payment in case I can get some more price drops. I just checked today though and our superior balcony cabin went up $200 per person though.

Go to Royal's home page, fill in the data in the "Find a Cruise" section. Click Find Cruises, and then click on the date of your cruise. Choose your exact stateroom category, and fill in the info about place of residence, Senior, Military, etc.

You are so very helpful...I really appreciate your thoughtful, informative posts!

Please forgive me :

I haven't sail RCL for many yrs.. and have been sailing with CCL buying ES with savings drop you just call the booking person and they adjust it up to 2 days till cruising..

Please tell me how to do it with RCL

If I book two cabins on the AOS and the price drops before the final due date... do I just call my booking agent and they credit me..

Thanks.. looking to sailing with RCL again.

Cathy

If it is before the final payment is due, you'd call whomever you booked through to get the drop credited.

I found that the OV's had dropped to the same price as we paid for an interior, after final payment. I asked our TA if we could upgrade, and it was done immediately for no extra cost. Then at the weekend, the price dropped on our new cabin, and we got an OBC for $50.:D

Check your bookings!!!!

We are on the same cruise and were just credited almost $2200 for our 2 balcony rooms! I am thrilled!!!! I can't believe how much we got credited back.