Coco Cay C&A Event

Is there still an event held for C&A members at Coco Cay? I find conflicting info on this by searching (yes, no, ship dependent, Emerald and up vs D+ and up; etc.)

There used to be a cocktail party near the Wacky Seagul Jr., but that was eliminated shortly after Monarch left the fleet.

:eek: We've been to Coco Cay probably 8-10 times and we've NEVER heard of a C&A event there. Man, I hope we weren't missing out!

We never received any invites in our cabin. We've been on sailings that stopped at Coco Cay from when we were Golds all the way through now as Diamond Pluses

Corporate stopped ships having the event at Coco Cay. As I recall it was for D+, Pinnacle and Suite guests. It was eliminated shortly after Monarch left as stated above. It was a very nice event! Sorry to see it go :(

Monarch was the prime mover for the Coco Cay event. Hotel Director John Denton, F&B Manager Werner Zurcher and GS Manager Leander and all their staff worked very hard to put on a great event for top tier C&A members. On one occasion Majesty was at Coco Cay with Monarch and we had a double event. It was always a very special day, but some how corporate decided to kill it. EN had no choice when they took over MN's itin and tried a similar event 'on board' EN. That never worked and they soon cancelled it. Nice try EN, but live fun on CC can't ever be duplicated. Shore miss that party.

Rick and Deirdra

The event was great when they had it. The appetizers, especially the asparagus, were terrific!

Totally agree. We loved it when they had it out on CocoCay. We still go when they have it on the ship, but just really loved it out on the island.

:eek: We've been to Coco Cay probably 8-10 times and we've NEVER heard of a C&A event there. Man, I hope we weren't missing out!

We never received any invites in our cabin. We've been on sailings that stopped at Coco Cay from when we were Golds all the way through now as Diamond Pluses

Ditto! Man, I'm sorry to have missed this, sounds great:(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Monarch was the prime mover for the Coco Cay event. Hotel Director John Denton, F&B Manager Werner Zurcher and GS Manager Leander and all their staff worked very hard to put on a great event for top tier C&A members. On one occasion Majesty was at Coco Cay with Monarch and we had a double event. It was always a very special day, but some how corporate decided to kill it. EN had no choice when they took over MN's itin and tried a similar event 'on board' EN. That never worked and they soon cancelled it. Nice try EN, but live fun on CC can't ever be duplicated. Shore miss that party.

Rick and Deirdra

I fondly remember those parties. And, it's been some time since I have last visited Coco Cay, so I would have left the ship, looking forward to another great get together, only to find...........zero, nada, and wondering what happened.

Thanks Rick and Deidra. ;) This is a classic example of a great purpose of Cruise Critic. I would have not known this no longer was taking place, had it not been for these two bringing this up.

Rick