Pool Deck Ice Cream?

I really enjoy the pool deck ice cream, but last June I was on Oasis and all the soft serve machines had only Yogurt. When I was on her in 2011, it was ice cream. I don't like yogurt, so it was a pretty big bummer for me to not be able to enjoy the soft serve.

Does anybody know if all the ships have yogurt, or do some still have ice cream? Right now I am booked on Navigator for New Years and am hoping for Ice Cream ;).

I really enjoy the pool deck ice cream, but last June I was on Oasis and all the soft serve machines had only Yogurt. When I was on her in 2011, it was ice cream. I don't like yogurt, so it was a pretty big bummer for me to not be able to enjoy the soft serve.

Does anybody know if all the ships have yogurt, or do some still have ice cream? Right now I am booked on Navigator for New Years and am hoping for Ice Cream ;).

The soft-serve machines have ALWAYS been frozen yogurt.

:)

As far as I know, we've always had frozen yogurt from the machines. I personally don't think it tastes very yogurty, more..icy? I actually prefer it to normal ice cream.

The dining room generally has ice creams and sorbets (or sherberts maybe). I don't know if the same flavours are available every night. Some ships have Ben and Jerry's as well, but it is an extra charge.

I think the vanilla flavor they have now is different than what they used to carry. I always loved a vanilla cone poolside but my past sailing on the explorer something tasted much different. Maybe different brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The soft-serve machines have ALWAYS been frozen yogurt.

:)

lol, must've been the power of suggestion. On our last Oasis cruise they had signs up saying Yogurt, but I at least never saw signs saying that on previous cruises. I was bummed, tried just a little and didn't like it. So I probably didn't like it just because I was expecting to not like it, considering I've always enjoyed it in the past.

I guess the solution on our next cruise will be to just make my wife go get it for me, so I never see the signs :p.

BTW: I do get the real ice cream in MDR pretty much every night. But you know, once a day isn't always enough :eek:

The dining room generally has ice creams and sorbets (or sherberts maybe). I don't know if the same flavours are available every night. Some ships have Ben and Jerry's as well, but it is an extra charge.

The MDR has Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and ice cream every night, they also have one rotating flavor of ice cream and one of sherbert every night. I ask the waiter what the sherbert flavor is each night, never ordering, until it is orange sherbert night, then I ask for four scoops. They always seem to find it humorous.

Edited by OSUZorba

Sorry to ask but I figured this might be the right thread...

How many different flavors do they have on deck each day? Also do they rotate the flavors? This will be my first RCCL cruise and on past cruises I loved tropical flavors like banana, pineapple, coconut, mango, etc... Hoping RCCL has something similar. (Yes I did have way too much pool deck ice cream).

BTW: I do get the real ice cream in MDR pretty much every night. But you know, once a day isn't always enough :eek:

You must be related to my husband. He has the same philosophy when it comes to ice cream. :D

Just got off Explorer of the Seas a week ago and they had ICE CREAM machines outside on the pool deck ---- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and a vanilla/chocolate twist. The consistency of the frozen delight was creamy and much firmer than the usual soft-serve. If you don't want a cone, go next door to the buffet and get a beverage cup and spoon -- fill the cup and enjoy!

The machines close when the Windjammer buffet closes at night.

How many different flavors do they have on deck each day? Also do they rotate the flavors? This will be my first RCCL cruise and on past cruises I loved tropical flavors like banana, pineapple, coconut, mango, etc... Hoping RCCL has something similar. (Yes I did have way too much pool deck ice cream).

I can only remember seeing chocolate, vanilla and strawberry - maybe one other but I'm a chocolate and vanilla swirl person. I almost always have ice cream in the MDR. Sometimes they have it in the WJ at lunch. One time DS came back to the table with bananas Foster. I couldn't have moved faster and got a double portion. Not much dinner for me that night but it was worth it.

I know I'm an ice cream snob. Every RCI ship we've been on has vanilla, chocolate and combo swirl. It's always the "icy" frozen yogurt and not very good IMHO. My husband loves it, however. If I'm going to eat a frozen confection, I want high butterfat ice cream!! We have Blue Bell in Texas and it's very good. But, I prefer Marble Slab, Ben & Jerry's, Amy's - you know, the really fattening stuff! I guess it's a good thing RCI doesn't offer that "free." (yeah, I know - nothing's really free) ;);)

I know I'm an ice cream snob. Every RCI ship we've been on has vanilla, chocolate and combo swirl. It's always the "icy" frozen yogurt and not very good IMHO. My husband loves it, however. If I'm going to eat a frozen confection, I want high butterfat ice cream!! We have Blue Bell in Texas and it's very good. But, I prefer Marble Slab, Ben & Jerry's, Amy's - you know, the really fattening stuff! I guess it's a good thing RCI doesn't offer that "free." (yeah, I know - nothing's really free) ;);)

There's nothing like Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla!!!! :D

lol, must've been the power of suggestion. On our last Oasis cruise they had signs up saying Yogurt, but I at least never saw signs saying that on previous cruises. I was bummed, tried just a little and didn't like it. So I probably didn't like it just because I was expecting to not like it, considering I've always enjoyed it in the past.

I guess the solution on our next cruise will be to just make my wife go get it for me, so I never see the signs :p.

The MDR has Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and ice cream every night, they also have one rotating flavor of ice cream and one of sherbert every night. I ask the waiter what the sherbert flavor is each night, never ordering, until it is orange sherbert night, then I ask for four scoops. They always seem to find it humorous.

Wow! The orange is my favorite also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What cruise line has all of those amazing flavors available from the machines?

I can only remember seeing chocolate, vanilla and strawberry - maybe one other but I'm a chocolate and vanilla swirl person. I almost always have ice cream in the MDR. Sometimes they have it in the WJ at lunch. One time DS came back to the table with bananas Foster. I couldn't have moved faster and got a double portion. Not much dinner for me that night but it was worth it.

Thank you! I might not eat it much then. I love the variety and banana cruise ship soft serve is my favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do love me some Blue Bell but my favorite is "Half Baked" by Ben and Jerrys.

Sent from my iPad using Forums