Drink package charged on disembark day?

Howdy :)

Toying with the idea of getting a drink package on an upcoming cruise.

Just trying to figure out if you disembark a cruise at 8-9am, are you charged on the drink package for that day?

I tried to search for the answer, but I think my search criteria was not correct.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Just trying to figure out if you disembark a cruise at 8-9am, are you charged on the drink package for that day?

I tried to search for the answer, but I think my search criteria was not correct.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

You are charged for the number of nights of the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

I'm pretty sure the drink packages are charged "per day", but disembarkation day does NOT count. EMbarkation day does.

For example, we are going on a 7-day FOS cruise in June.

Day 1: Sunday (Embarkation)

Day 2: Monday

Day 3: Tuesday

Day 4: Wednesday

Day 5: Thursday

Day 6: Friday

Day 7: Saturday

Day 8: Sunday (DISembarkation)

So our drink packages are for 7 days... Sunday through Saturday.

I recently had the Royal Replenish package, and I was not able to use it for coffee the morning we disembarked.:(

We had the Royal Replenish package on the Independence last month and used it to all get a specialty coffees to go from Cafe Promenade as we walked off the ship:) to return home to the snow:(. No fresh squeezed OJ available in the buffet on disembarkation day however.

I know that on the Oasis the previous year, bars were closed and you could not get alcohol on disembarkation day. They did not offer fresh squeezed OJ either on disembarkation day.

We had the Royal Replenish package on the Independence last month and used it to all get a specialty coffees to go from Cafe Promenade as we walked off the ship:) to return home to the snow:(. No fresh squeezed OJ available in the buffet on disembarkation day however.

I know that on the Oasis the previous year, bars were closed and you could not get alcohol on disembarkation day. They did not offer fresh squeezed OJ either on disembarkation day.

I was annoyed that I couldn't get a coffee on disembarkation day. I thought it was petty, especially since all packages pay for the entire day on Day 1, when in reality you're not on the ship to use the package until lunch time.

Since you can purchase a package for as little as the last 4 days of your cruise, if I purchased at say 12:01 am on day 4 would I be able to use it immediately? Like go out and have a drink that night? Or would whomever I purchase from not be open at that point? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you can purchase a package for as little as the last 4 days of your cruise, if I purchased at say 12:01 am on day 4 would I be able to use it immediately? Like go out and have a drink that night? Or would whomever I purchase from not be open at that point? Any ideas?

Yes, you could use the package immediately.

Yes, you could use the package immediately.

Thank you so much! Do you happen to know where you purchase packages after the first day when they have the table set up? The pursers desk maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they charge local sales tax on beverages obtained with the drink package while in a US port ?

No, they don't charge sales tax on the packages. Only on drinks purchased outside of the package.

Edited by clarea

I will say that I've been permitted to get sodas on departure morning with my soda package.

A couple years ago when we were getting ready to disembark, my wife found a guy in a bar and asked if she could get a bloody mary. The bartender (he was working at the bar, but not tending bar) said yes, but she would have to pay cash as he couldn't put it on the card.

She bought it and to this day I've suspected that the bar was officially closed and the cash went in the guys pocket!

(this was on Princess)