New ship in 2016 - Koningsdam

ETinCA

Wow, only one HC suite - and it's an SA. So much for getting visited by the upsell fairy on that ship!

I also noticed all Neptune suites hold a max of 3 and some signatures now hold 4. Quite a few changes and I keep finding more as I look through everything

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums

all the info is now on HAL website. If you go to "our ships" there is a micro site on the new ship..nice look with videos. You can walk around the entire ship.

GREAT we will still have a wrap around Promenade.

So Many of us really love that feature and it is a true signature of

HAL ships. :)

[ATTACH]330898[/ATTACH]

A couple of the big highlights I found on the microsite. Thanks for pointing that out by the way. I had only seen the deck plans previous. The ship looks incredible

I really like the look of the MDR. The colors are nice.

Thanks for the photo.

Agree with you on the colors and promenade s7s. I see those "bulges" on back of deck and cant quite figure what it would be. DW and I have never sailed on an inaugural but might be fun on this ship. I'm would think that they have a number of shakedowns before the true "1st cruise".

She looks absolutely beautiful and a welcome addition to the family.

Neptune suite with floor plan

[ATTACH]330923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]330924[/ATTACH]

The Neptune Suite seems to still have few drawers. :( I hoped there would be a few more than like on the Vistas/Signature. Are the closets what are drawn next to the couch?

I like the TV is mounted and it looks sizeable. Verandah looks about the same as Vista/Signature.

I think this ship looks BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to see itineraries. :)

Waiting to see photos and deck plans was worth the wait for this stunning new HAL blue hulled beauty. :)

Only 31 SA Suites on the ship as opposed to 39 on the Eurodam.

Yeah looking at the deck plan the Neptune Suites do tend to be a little fewer and further between.

I'm also intrigued by the fact they have Vista Suites AND Verandahs on this ship. If you look at the rest of the HAL fleet there is one or the other. I think it's great that it adds more choice and a little more size range.

Also, sofa beds and uppers are common for the HAL fleet but... murphy beds?! It's an intriguing thought. Should make for a lot more comfortable sleep

Agree with you on the colors and promenade s7s. I see those "bulges" on back of deck and cant quite figure what it would be. DW and I have never sailed on an inaugural but might be fun on this ship. I'm would think that they have a number of shakedowns before the true "1st cruise".

It has not been HAL's pattern to have a number of shakedowns before the true Inaugural Cruise. The sooner she carries paying passengers, the sooner she generates $$. :D :D

Did anyone see a photo of the Atrium Centerpiece? I'm curious what that will be but seems it likely will be music themed.

Edited by sail7seas

The Neptune Suite seems to still have few drawers. :( I hoped there would be a few more than like on the Vistas/Signature. Are the closets what are drawn next to the couch?

I like the TV is mounted and it looks sizeable. Verandah looks about the same as Vista/Signature.

I think this ship looks BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to see itineraries. :)

Waiting to see photos and deck plans was worth the wait for this stunning new HAL blue hulled beauty. :)

Yes it looks like there will be 5 of the closet units in the room, all in a row.

It has not been HAL's pattern to have a number of shakedowns before the true Inaugural Cruise. The sooner she carries paying passengers, the sooner she generates $$. :D :D

Did anyone see a photo of the Atrium Centerpiece? I'm curious what that will be but seems it likely will be music themed.

Not a centerpiece so much as a continuous sculpture and special ceiling. The video on the minisite shows it a little better and here's the minisite's write up of it and here's a picture from Deck 3 looking over at it:

hal-atrium-newbuild.jpg

At the heart of the ship, Koningsdam’s central atrium is pure visual drama. Soaring three decks high, the space is graced by an airy stainless steel sculpture that evokes the feeling of a classical quartet, with strings, arches, and bows. And, like music itself, it changes as you move around it, so that no two perspectives are quite the same.

This sense of visual interaction—engaging with the architecture actively, rather than passively, as an observer—is key to what Tihany has brought to Koningsdam. “We want guests to be inspired, to be amazed,” says Stein Kruse, Chief Executive Officer, Holland America Group. “A great vacation transports you on many levels and the way you move through a space or your experience as you enter a room—all of it matters.”

The atrium is capped by a ceiling that serves as a backdrop for subtly changing high-definition projections. Look up by day to see wispy cirrus clouds floating overhead or perhaps soothing colors of water and light. By evening, the atrium takes on dramatic lighting hues or reflects the clear constellations of the night sky.

Edited by InTheWASide

Yeah looking at the deck plan the Neptune Suites do tend to be a little fewer and further between.

I'm also intrigued by the fact they have Vista Suites AND Verandahs on this ship. If you look at the rest of the HAL fleet there is one or the other. I think it's great that it adds more choice and a little more size range.

Also, sofa beds and uppers are common for the HAL fleet but... murphy beds?! It's an intriguing thought. Should make for a lot more comfortable sleep

Looks like fewer Signature Suites also. Fewer Neptune and Signature suites along with the addition of Vista Suites will probably allow them to get premium prices for the Neptune Suites

Edited by frankc98376

I think the days of the upsell fairy for Neptune Lounge Suites on this ship will be very limited.

I also heard on the August cruise that the inaugural sailing will be 4 days. Let's see if that was also correct.

Edited by Laminator

Not a centerpiece so much as a continuous sculpture and special ceiling. The video on the minisite shows it a little better and here's the minisite's write up of it and here's a picture from Deck 3 looking over at it:

hal-atrium-newbuild.jpg

At the heart of the ship, Koningsdam’s central atrium is pure visual drama. Soaring three decks high, the space is graced by an airy stainless steel sculpture that evokes the feeling of a classical quartet, with strings, arches, and bows. And, like music itself, it changes as you move around it, so that no two perspectives are quite the same.

This sense of visual interaction—engaging with the architecture actively, rather than passively, as an observer—is key to what Tihany has brought to Koningsdam. “We want guests to be inspired, to be amazed,” says Stein Kruse, Chief Executive Officer, Holland America Group. “A great vacation transports you on many levels and the way you move through a space or your experience as you enter a room—all of it matters.”

The atrium is capped by a ceiling that serves as a backdrop for subtly changing high-definition projections. Look up by day to see wispy cirrus clouds floating overhead or perhaps soothing colors of water and light. By evening, the atrium takes on dramatic lighting hues or reflects the clear constellations of the night sky.

It looks stunning. I love it. This new architect/designer seems to be have done an amazing job on this ship. Konningsdam is bringing HAL leaps and bounds forward to 'today'. Cannot wait to board her. :)

I think the days of the upsell fairy for Neptune Lounge Suites on this ship will be very limited.

Depends. If scale brings the prices up and people have a hard time paying the new prices and/or if the itinerary is "so so" then it may be just as it has always been except for fewer people getting an email from the fairy...

But yes... WAY less Signature Suites. Going from 2 decks with tons and tons to a handful is very surprising.

Edited by InTheWASide

It looks stunning. I love it. This new architect/designer seems to be have done an amazing job on this ship. Konningsdam is bringing HAL leaps and bounds forward to 'today'. Cannot wait to board her. :)

Tihany did a lot of work on the Solstice Class ships as well. He's also done a lot in society as a whole. His resume is VERY impressive

http://www.tihanydesign.com/

And Storbraaten is renowned for all of his work on cruise and river ships. This truly is a design match made in heaven