New ship in 2016 - Koningsdam

ETinCA

http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Here, she is listed for May 2016 in le Havre (France).

And this schedule shows her in Gibraltar (Mediterranean): http://www.gibraltarport.com/cruise/schedules

She shows up in Gibraltar until May 2016, and than from Sep 2016.

So I assume she will offer Med cruises between Feb and May, Northern Europe in summer and Med again in fall.

She won't sail Canada/NE itineraries, as I thought before - IMHO Zuiderdam is most likely to do so...

Edited by celebrity_fan

http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

here, she is listed for May 2016 in le Havre (France).

Wow, confusing. My PCC at HAL said the inaugural would be in the Caribbean. I asked if that meant there would be a TA first (Italy to the Caribbean) and she said the first crossing would be sea trials. Hmmm, conflicting info again ... surprise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wow, confusing. My PCC at HAL said the inaugural would be in the Caribbean. I asked if that meant there would be a TA first (Italy to the Caribbean) and she said the first crossing would be sea trials. Hmmm, conflicting info again ... surprise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

According to my sources, Koningsdam is due to offer some Med cruises in winter and early spring before moving to Rotterdam and being christened. between may and September, she is expected to do cruises in Northern Europe.

I know more than I can say here in full detail but in this instance your PCC is talking out their rear end. Sea trials would never be done Italy to Florida or elsewhere in the US. If your PCC is telling you big stories like this it makes you wonder if they've said anything else that isn't totally factual

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums

Edited by InTheWASide

I hope you are right about the Maiden Voyage. I don't want to go to Europe in the Winter. But, sea trials while doing a TA is improbable. If the trials would show some possible issues, they would want to take the ship back into the shipyard where she was built.

Your PCC is unfortunately though not surprisingly wrong.

So what is everyone hoping to see "new and improved" about existing spaces that always seem to be on HAL ships?

For example:

Piano Bar - Do you want to continue to see them enclosed like on Vista/Signature Class or open as they are in Mix? Do you want to see dueling pianos? Would you rather see no piano bar at all?

Using spaces that are already on most/all ships - and the majority of us here know what those spaces are that are fleetwide (or almost) how would you enhance them and what would you like to see, or why would you prefer it removed?

HAL gave us a name and nothing else over a month ago. Let's have some fun til they give us more

Had really hoped for some hot weather sailing during her first season, but not going to go to Europe for a February/March cruise. Guess we will just go back to one of the tried and true Caribbean sailings.

She will most likely do at least some cruises in Europe in the beginning. They will undoubtedly want her near the shipyard during her "shake down" period.

Beyond that only Seattle knows- the new locks in the Canal are scheduled to open in early 2016 so she could be anywhere.

I would bet that she will be on the west coast at some point early in her life. It seems most of the new ships make a stop in Seattle early in their lives. We were on Noordam 3 on her maiden visit in Seattle in the early 80's. We hugged the shoreline going out and put on quite a show for the Van der Vorms (former owners) as we passed their home north of Seattle- horns blasting and outside lights flashing.

According to my sources, Koningsdam is due to offer some Med cruises in winter and early spring before moving to Rotterdam and being christened. between may and September, she is expected to do cruises in Northern Europe.

Cruises before christening??? Makes no sense to me!

I agree.

That would be very odd to sail with paying passengers before she is named and her bell is blessed.

The only things that are 100% known at this time is that it will have a dark blue hull, will be bigger, and will have some new features. Artist renderings are great but much can change between now and sea trials.

What is important to me is that it will say Holland America Line and I'm sure I will feel like I'm back home when I step on board.

Edited by frankc98376

The only things that are 100% known at this time is that it will have a dark blue hull, will be bigger, and will have some new features. Artist renderings are great but much can change between now and sea trials.

What is important to me is that it will say Holland America Line and I'm sure I will feel like I'm back home when I step on board.

Do you think that she will eventually come to the Caribbean some time?

I would be very shocked based on past practice if not initially then certainly by the following winter if she were not doing 7 day cruises to HMC, San Juan, and St. Thomas.

Not very exciting for experienced pax, but this is the standardized itinerary used to show off the newest tonnage to as many new customers as possible.

I hope she spends winters in the Caribbean. Maybe if she goes to Europe every Summer we can get the Nieuw Amsterdam to do some cruises in Alaska. That would be great. However, I still wish HAL would keep a ship in the Caribbean during the summer.

I hope she spends winters in the Caribbean. Maybe if she goes to Europe every Summer we can get the Nieuw Amsterdam to do some cruises in Alaska. That would be great. However, I still wish HAL would keep a ship in the Caribbean during the summer.

Pretty positive she or Eurodam (my bet is NA) is in Alaska in 2016 doing the r/t Seattle trips.

Cruises before christening??? Makes no sense to me!
I agree.

That would be very odd to sail with paying passengers before she is named and her bell is blessed.

I've done that, although on another line. I sailed on Jewel of the Seas on the first weekend of May 2004, although AIUI the ship wasn't christened until the following weekend. IIRC, she did a series of one-night and two-night shakedown cruises for a couple of weeks before the christening and the official maiden voyage.

I've done that, although on another line. I sailed on Jewel of the Seas on the first weekend of May 2004, although AIUI the ship wasn't christened until the following weekend. IIRC, she did a series of one-night and two-night shakedown cruises for a couple of weeks before the christening and the official maiden voyage.

What does AIUI mean? :confused:

Were those one and two night cruises paid guests or invited?

I can't imagine them not wanting to show off their new ship to the US market. They have a HUGE base here in the US. Besides- I sure wouldn't want to cruise Europe in the winter.

We can no longer do those long flights -- that is why I am hoping that she will come to Ft Lauderdale and do some cruises in the Caribbean.