New ship in 2016 - Koningsdam

ETinCA

Tihany did a lot of work on the Solstice Class ships as well. He's also done a lot in society as a whole. His resume is VERY impressive

http://www.tihanydesign.com/

And Storbraaten is renowned for all of his work on cruise and river ships. This truly is a design match made in heaven

Look forward to meeting you on the maiden voyage. We are 99.9% sure we will also be there. We already have our cabin picked out...LOL!!!!

Edited by Laminator

Look forward to meeting you on the maiden voyage. We are 99.9% sure we will also be there. We already have our cabin picked out...LOL!!!!

We do too and a future cruise request and deposit into HAL.

Lots of people we've convinced to go with us - depending on the itin of course but they know likely February and Europe. May have to change plans depending on how many of us. Kind of a bummer that 4 in a Neptune isn't an option on the ship and 4 in a signature means one of the couple has to split up... Oh well. 1275 rooms on board... we have some particular spots we're eyeballing :)

We do too and a future cruise request and deposit into HAL.

Lots of people we've convinced to go with us - depending on the itin of course but they know likely February and Europe. May have to change plans depending on how many of us. Kind of a bummer that 4 in a Neptune isn't an option on the ship and 4 in a signature means one of the couple has to split up... Oh well. 1275 rooms on board... we have some particular spots we're eyeballing :)

I am sure you'll find something that will make everyone happy. If the inaugural cruise is in fact only 4 days I am sure we will do a B2B.

I haven't seen this posted, and I didn't see it earlier today, so I'll just assume it's new:

http://koningsdam.hollandamerica.com/

BTW - There's a call-out link for a wraparound promenade deck, so I'm going to have to deduct some prediction-points from some people's divination scores. ;)

Edited by POA1

Not that there is anything wrong with that, and I still believe the ship will look stunning, but does anyone else see any resemblance to Celebrity ships here? I find that some of the common areas, ie MDR, Queens Lounge, etc have a bit of a Celebrity look to them.

Tihany did a lot of work on the Solstice Class ships as well. He's also done a lot in society as a whole. His resume is VERY impressive

http://www.tihanydesign.com/

And Storbraaten is renowned for all of his work on cruise and river ships. This truly is a design match made in heaven

Not that there is anything wrong with that, and I still believe the ship will look stunning, but does anyone else see any resemblance to Celebrity ships here? I find that some of the common areas, ie MDR, Queens Lounge, etc have a bit of a Celebrity look to them.

LOL... so I wasn't going crazy. We posted at about the same time!

Noted that breakfast for Neptune Suites is now listed as "Exclusive daily breakfast service" rather than breakfast in the Pinnacle Lounge..... Will have to see what this means.

That could still mean breakfast in Pinnacle Grille.

You're right' date=' though, we'll have to wait and see. :)

[/b']

Thanks for the heads up! My quick review shows that some decks are named for composers...I don't recall reading that before and wonder if a musical theme will be carried out throughout the ship. Also find it odd that there is only one Pinnacle Suite shown rather than the traditional two.

Edited by sue1898

I had heard that a 200 dep would ensure "1st look" at the inuagural cuise. I was hoping to book while on-board our 12/7 cruise. perhaps i will re-think and call our PCC

Seeing you will be aboard in under a month, there is plenty of time to book your cruise. Unless you have FCD's you can use, why not wait until aboard so you can get the benefits of FCD?

thanks for link, just 1 small point it says

A nautical tradition, our teak Promenade deck encircles the ship, offering spectacular views in every direction—the perfect place for a brisk run, an after-dinner stroll or simply relaxing in the sun on a classic teak lounge chair.

i thought you couldnt run round the promenade as there are cabins under it?

do you think this has changed or a mistake?

We have only been on one celebrity ship but have friends who prefer them over HAL. They look at this ship and said it also looks like Mr. Kruse has brought some "Celebrity" enhancements to this ship. Doesn't bother me any I am just very happy that I can continue my walks around the ship on the teak deckboards :).

I am sure you'll find something that will make everyone happy. If the inaugural cruise is in fact only 4 days I am sure we will do a B2B.

We can likely manage 12 days tops. So luckily the cruise will be in that range. If longer plans may backfire. If shorter then it will give us some time in Europe.

MDR on both is designed by Tihany so the resemblance would make sense to a certain point.

Queens Lounge though, I have never seen anything on Celebrity that looks like this. Is there a space on the M Class ships that does? I have first hand experience on the Solstice Class

We can likely manage 12 days tops. So luckily the cruise will be in that range. If longer plans may backfire. If shorter then it will give us some time in Europe.

Are the Ship's Naming Ceremonies to be held in Amsterdam/Rotterdam?

Or is that dependent on whether Royal Family will participate?

No information on that. I expect the royal family WOULD participate though based on the godmothers of the last 2 newbuilds

Yes. :) That is why I asked. I suspect you are right. I hope so. Netherland's new King and his beautiful family would be wonderful at the ceremonies..

Posted this on the new thread about the web site going live but will post here as well: My quick review shows that some decks are named for composers...I don't recall reading that before and wonder if a musical theme will be carried out throughout the ship. Also find it odd that there is only one Pinnacle Suite shown rather than the traditional two.