Oasis deck 8 outside balcony?

New to Royal and want to know about the noise level for the outside balcony cabins located on deck 8 which are located behind the restaurants.

No problem with noise, you are well separated from the restaurants. Plus deck 8 is Central Park level, which is very convenient.

agree with all the posts. Are friends were on deck 8, and we also booked there before getting an upgrade to Jr Suite on deck 9.

We did an Eastern Oasis. I have all the compasses and a review of the cruise. Just click on link below.

You will love the Oasis

We were in a cabin on deck eight almost right behind CP150...no noise at all, and actually the lack of inside cabins on that corridor reduced traffic and noise further.

And the night we ate at CP150, it started raining, so our server led us to the back door of the restaurant which let us out about two doors down from our cabin without going through the rain in Central Park!

bobj

We were just on the Oasis last month and had a balcony on deck 8. No noise at all from Central Park. We loved the convenience of being near CP. Got coffee most mornings at the café (they had the best coffee on the ship). And we usually ended our night at the Trellis Bar, great spot at night.

• 4 months later...

I can only reiterate what everyone here has already said, great deck and great location.

We had a D1 bump out on deck 8 a couple of months ago on Oasis for an Eastern Caribbean trip. Very quiet and great for access to central park for my morning coffee at Park Cafe.

No problem with noise, you are well separated from the restaurants. Plus deck 8 is Central Park level, which is very convenient.

Deck 7 JS equally good? Somehow Deck 7 walking down to MDR and easy walk to other Decks looks appealing. JS 7636 shown on yutube.

Thanks.

Barb

Deck 7 JS equally good? Somehow Deck 7 walking down to MDR and easy walk to other Decks looks appealing. JS 7636 shown on yutube.

Thanks.

Barb

Depends on where on deck 7. I would prefer deck 8 to deck 7 because of the inability to pass between port and starboard via the aft elevator lobbies. You would have to go up or down to pass between sides of the ship on the aft part of deck 7.

• 2 weeks later...
New to Royal and want to know about the noise level for the outside balcony cabins located on deck 8 which are located behind the restaurants.

Hey, Travellink! It's Jay (and Laura) from the San Juan walk-around (The Reflection, December, 2012). Are you going on the Oasis soon? We were on the Allure last December and had a starboard balcony on Deck 8, just aft of Central Park, Cabin 8672. Oasis is the same, so I can tell you that it was by far the best location for us. We were originally concerned about the proximity to the elevators, but it was absolutely no problem. In fact, we spent much of our time in Central Park and it was only stops away! It was a very convenient spot, with easy access to everything, and no worries about noise.

We are going on the Quantum on December 12th and chose a similarly located cabin. Will let you know about that when we return!

You won't even realize what's on the other side of that wall...don't have any concerns about the location you've chosen ;)

I have 3 outside balcony cabins on deck 7 at the end of this month. I wasn't able to get deck 8. We have 7180, 7172 & 7184. Anyone know how the noice level is here? Not sure what is across the hall from our rooms. Not far from the elevator & stairs to get to deck 8 for coffee in the am, at least that's what I think.