Temperature- what to pack?

KDNest

This isn't my first cruise, yet I'm struggling with what to pack! We've historically gone on cruises in the winter, not the beginning of May. Obviously I can figure out what the temperature in the ports will be, but what about on the cruise ship during days at sea? I feel like I remember always being cold inside the ship because they crank the A/C. Do I pack more summer, light-weight clothing for evenings OR sweaters and long sleeves? Just curious what other people think or have experienced. We leave next week Tuesday on the Vision of the Seas, Western Caribbean cruise.

Thanks!

K

I am one that usually gets cold easily so I always pack a light and dark sweater to go over whatever it is that I am wearing at dinner. I take one with me every night to the dining room. Sometime I use it sometimes I don't. The other spot that can get chilly is the theater, but again that depends. The rest of the time on the ship I am fine with whatever I am wearing, no need for the extra sweater.

I would say if you have the space, bring along at least one item to put on to stay warm if needed.

KDNest - original poster - notice you are from Wisconsin - bet it will be nicer weather than here! Cold, windy, rainy right now!

We have found this website very useful - it will give you information about your specific cruise.

http://cruiseoutlook.com/

Air conditioning on board can be chilly, if that bothers you. Enjoy your cruise!

All my dresses are sleeveless and I bring tank tops for port days or outside of the ship. I usually bring just a couple of short sleeve shirts for sea days if I am going to be indoors for awhile. With that I have a couple of wraps and a lightweight sweater or 2. That has me covered. I too, chill very easily.