Savings 55+???

geomapper

Both DH and I are over 55, and I don't believe I have ever been offered a senior rate when looking at various cruise itineraries, even though I check the 55+ rate (along with state and VIFP). Doesn't seem like it ever comes up for us. :confused:

Just curious if anyone has received any savings once they reach the age of 55 when booking a cruise?

Nope. We went past 55 a few years ago, and we've never received any savings based on our age. If you can live with the restrictions, Early Saver is the way to go.;)

Both DH and I are over 55, and I don't believe I have ever been offered a senior rate when looking at various cruise itineraries, even though I check the 55+ rate (along with state and VIFP). Doesn't seem like it ever comes up for us. :confused:

Same here. Though we did pick up a resident rate once for a sailing out of New Orleans - not NY where we live!!

I turned 55 a year ago and have not seen senior rates either. I am currently booked on 3 cruises with ES and have some good prices... All three are now higher than when I booked, so not sure if I will see OBC price drops... But, not a problem since I do have good rates

Steve

With NCL, you get a 5% discount if you are AARP. However, the OBC you get from your PVP or travel agent cannot be used onboard as advertised. Not double dipped but you will be told to take it up when you get back. Once you are back, it's no longer OBC and NCL will not honor it. I know, happened to me on the Darn Dawn over Thanksgiving. After fighting with the credit card company, NCL will give me the credit on my next cruise with NCL in the twelve months after the cruise. Too late, I booked two cruises with Carnival in 2014. Ten cruises (72 people) with NCL and now they lost all that revenue over $450 in OBC.

We've always booked ES since it has become available.

We've price matched to the Senior Rate several times.

We also book ES and have priced dropped once to Senior Rate. Then we priced dropped to Military a few times after that.

Hoping to do well for our 2015 B2B but so far no price drops.

However, since our Freedom B2B has been moved to Conquest (darn!), I'm hoping we'll get some price drops in the future.

I've never seen the senior rate when booking for my mom, but I have noticed that she's getting better rates, and obc when I check the 55+ box, this includes one of the free cruises, and one time Platinum upgrade, which has never happened before.

At times the 55 + rate code may not be for your category or not the better rate code than what other one that you have available to you (PG, Res , ES , ect.)

Rate codes can not be combined .

55 + rate codes usually come out closer in to sailing .