Silhouette Alert

MaisonRose

Before the conversation gets too heated....

I just want to thank all for posted all of your opinions and experiences. We are boarding the Silhouette in June and it's good to have our expectations in check. But I also do appreciate the optimistic postings as it gives us hope that the ship and her crew will be to our liking.

We had a great experience on Equinox and a less impressive one on Constellation (others on our cruise agreed that it was "off"). I do think a TA must be a bit tougher on the staff given the high numbers of Elite customers and the numerous sea days. I have taken pains to let my family know that we may see things like longer waits for drinks at bars and some slower service in Blu. But hoping for the best and expecting we will have a great time together.

The people who shouldn't travel are the people who just sit back and not complain when things have changed, not for the better. Reminds me of the bobblehead dolls who's head just bobs up and down no matter what. I versed my complaints on the survey I received on line this morning. I hold Celebrity to a higher standard based on past experience and expectations based on those. This cruised did not meet OUR expectations so I voiced it. This board is for all comments, not just the positive ones. Im still a Celebrity fan and I too, have a B2B booked with them.

You have every right to be disappointed and informative when your needs are not met. My last cruise was in January, so I have not necessarily seen all the recent changes.

Not all changes negatively affect many people. From what I have read many of the changes will not be negative for my DW and I. Some of them will make it better for us.

Of course I will not know until I experience it. Since I am taking the exact same cruise in January 2015 on the same ship I will be able to make a good comparison. I am looking forward to the opportunity.

We were on the Silhouette , Best TA ever, !!!!!!

did not lose any weight so the food was great,

staff was great !!!!!!!!!

tea was fine, coffee in MDR still sucked

Internet was spotted , Internet was spotted in Rome with a local SIM card :p

Missing happy hour at sunset bar !

Edited by Airbalancer

I'm sorry that the cruise was not to your liking but I find it somewhat disappointing when you cast aspersions at the staff, especially when you critique their ability to speak English. Of course, they might pronounce words differently, phrase things differently, or have a heavier accent; it isn't their native language so this is not shocking. I always walk away impressed the staff's command of the English language. Yes, on limited occasions I have to repeat myself, but I still enjoy the interactions.

I guess I also do not understand your diatribe against the perceived nickel and diming. The art auctions, the store sales and speciality restaurants, like it or not, are part of the fabric of a ship. If you want an all inclusive, take a cruise on all inclusive ship.

Our cruise was complete different then yours

We were not in Blu, but found the MDR to be excellent , no problems in the Oceanview cafe

The staff I meet were great, trying to please 3000 people for 2 weeks is not something I could do lol !

The internet work as good as my Italian SIM card :p

Over 900 people trying to get on the net at one time will be a problem ;)

We do not count on Celebrity to entertain us, so their activities mean nothing to me

The shows had some of the same people from last year :rolleyes:

The meet & mindless gathering was typical of any I was on , mass confusion

One night in Sunset bar at happy hour there was over 35 cruiser sitting in the large circle , all of them were from the cruise from last year!

A cruise to me, is the people you meet, this TA was the best

This was our 4 the TA since Nov 2012

If the gods wish it , I will be on a fall TA this year

Okay I have to admit we DID NOT try the tea.....

And the internet WAS reportedly down at times (not an issue for us).

We felt the cruise, ship, and staff were awesome. Even the weather was near-perfect.

We dined in Blu and the dinners were amazing. Often we read the menu at the door and thought there was nothing being served we could eat. But if we listened to the waiters, and followed their advice we had one amazing dinner after another. I loved, loved, loved the escargot. We accepted some of the specialty offers and loved that too but felt that Blu was better than any restaurant at home.

WE HAVE NO COMPLAINTS, only praise for the total experience. I actually told my dw I can't imagine how they could do it any better. The staff was top notch, everyone that we encountered was friendly and helpful.

My only request would be for the cruise to have lasted longer!

Our cruise was complete different then yours

We were not in Blu, but found the MDR to be excellent , no problems in the Oceanview cafe

The staff I meet were great, trying to please 3000 people for 2 weeks is not something I could do lol !

The internet work as good as my Italian SIM card :p

Over 900 people trying to get on the net at one time will be a problem ;)

We do not count on Celebrity to entertain us, so their activities mean nothing to me

The shows had some of the same people from last year :rolleyes:

The meet & mindless gathering was typical of any I was on , mass confusion I prefer it like that, and do not go if I think the Meet and greet will be too structured.

One night in Sunset bar at happy hour there was over 35 cruiser sitting in the large circle , all of them were from the cruise from last year!

A cruise to me, is the people you meet, this TA was the best

This was our 4 the TA since Nov 2012

If the gods wish it , I will be on a fall TA this year

We are booked on our first TA next fall, Equinox.:)

Thanks for the review, I hope my cruise on the Silhouette is nothing like yours, but then I'm not Elite so I will probably enjoy it.

Hi, We have been on five Celebrity cruises, whether you are Elite or not I'm sure you will have a lovely time like all the rest of us! Just to be able to go on a cruise and be pampered right from the start is so wonderful and all the great ports ahead of us, Margaret

Wow, I should have known that my notes would draw some interesting responses. Let me say that our trip from Fla. To Rome was wonderful, and mostly that was due to the terrific folks I met on this ship, many of whom I am in contact with and plan to meet again. We had a great time!

My post was meant to just mention the tea bag thing because most tea lovers are fairly picky and it is so simple to bring your favorite..they weigh nothing!

The other warning was for travellers who depend on the internet (I don't use it except in port and it isn't important to me). Our cabin was just around the corner from the iLounge and so the lines were noticeable.

My comments about the food and service are subjective simply because we all travel with different experiences and expectations (living in France sometimes may have raised my expectations)

I am not warning travellers off the Silhouette or Celebrity. Sorry if you got that impression.

Susan

Several posts have been removed.

Please review our posting guidelines, in particular this one:

"...It is fine if you disagree with any of our decisions or actions, but the correct way to share your grievance is to directly contact us at community@cruisecritic.com..."

It's amazing to read posts from people who were on the same ship and sailing but had such different experiences. Goes to show that we're all different, have different expectations and needs. This is why I take all comments as nothing more than one persons opinion.

Edited by cruisingator2

[quote name='MaisonRose']Wow, I should have known that my notes would draw some interesting responses. Let me say that our trip from Fla. To Rome was wonderful, and mostly that was due to the terrific folks I met on this ship, many of whom I am in contact with and plan to meet again. We had a great time!

My post was meant to just mention the tea bag thing because most tea lovers are fairly picky and it is so simple to bring your favorite..they weigh nothing!
The other warning was for travellers who depend on the internet (I don't use it except in port and it isn't important to me). Our cabin was just around the corner from the iLounge and so the lines were noticeable.

My comments about the food and service are subjective simply because we all travel with different experiences and expectations (living in France sometimes may have raised my expectations)

I am not warning travellers off the Silhouette or Celebrity. Sorry if you got that impression.
Susan[/QUOTE]

A suspect some of the posts that you read are in response to a different review that was posted. (Was removed due to guild lines).

Thank you for posting your review.