LIVE - Royal Princess Transatlantic & Baltic day by day

GweninTX

Thank you for taking the time to do a live from. Was really a great read and thank you for all the items needed to make the cruise a trip to remember for a life time. We had to cancel a planned trip to the Baltic's next summer due to a family wedding.But will keep it on the bucket list due to your live from.

Looking forward to your next live from.:)

3. Princess Live - way too small and impossible to move around in. Uncomfortable, very straight backed chairs. Movies in there were impossible.

Princess Live holds the same number of passengers as did the Explorers Lounge which it essentially replaces.

But this is the same number of people in a smaller area in a seating arrangement that is not suitable for team games which require up to 6 people to be able to easily communicate with either other quietly.

Thanks Gwen!

Welcome home!

Two questions- Will you post any photos?

Where are you planning to travel to next?

Right now we do not have any future cruises planned. We are going to Greece next year to see a friend and are trying to tie on a cruise, but no confirmed plans yet. I did buy 4 future cruise credits, so we are ready if the itinerary fits!

What pictures would you like and I will be glad to share?

Thank you for doing this "live". My DH and I thoroughly enjoyed reading daily. We cancelled the Baltic trip this year because a grandson is due the day we were to leave. However, we will do next summer. We printed your port summaries and will use them as planning tools for next summer. Currently having difficulty deciding between the TA or the Baltic alone.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Welcome home and continue enjoying through wonderful memories.

Thank you for doing this "live". My DH and I thoroughly enjoyed reading daily. We cancelled the Baltic trip this year because a grandson is due the day we were to leave. However, we will do next summer. We printed your port summaries and will use them as planning tools for next summer. Currently having difficulty deciding between the TA or the Baltic alone.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Welcome home and continue enjoying through wonderful memories.

In a perfect world - I would do the last Baltic cruise of the season and do the Transatlantic westbound! You would do all the Baltic ports first and then enjoy a leisurely 15 days to recuperate - plus you would get to do Paris! That was my favorite port of all - we took the Princess tour and had lunch on the Seine river - it was heavenly!

In a perfect world - I would do the last Baltic cruise of the season and do the Transatlantic westbound! You would do all the Baltic ports first and then enjoy a leisurely 15 days to recuperate - plus you would get to do Paris! That was my favorite port of all - we took the Princess tour and had lunch on the Seine river - it was heavenly!

I also did the Paris Seine river lunch cruise. Agree that it was fantastic - long, long day, though. I, too, would do the Western in the future. I found the incremental 10-hour time change forward to be brutal and think going westbound would be easier.

In a perfect world, you would be in Paris for better than a cruise ship tour. You got a glimpse. That doesn't do you or Paris much justice. A two hour Eurostar ride away is London, which is convenient to many cruises beginning in Southampton.

Thanks for covering the Baltic itinerary so well. Five plus weeks away for us. Pre cruise in Amsterdam before our $70 SAS flights to Copenhagen. Can't wait.

Thanks, again. We will probably do the Baltic alone. We have been to Paris (post cruise) for 5 days. However, I won't complain if I have to do that city again. Loved it.

Thanks for all the tips....I think we will consider the westward trip now after following your cruise.:)

Gwen could you please list the tour companies you used, The information is no doubt in your posts but I did not find an easy way to collect them all.

Thanks, Ted

We used Alla Tours for St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stocholm and Tallin. They give you a good discount for the more tours you book. We were satisfied with them for the most part, especially the price and small groups.

For Warnemunde we used Friends of Dave tours and actually had Dave and he is GREAT! Highly recommend him - you can contact him at http://www.friendsofdavetours.com.

We did all the rest on our own and used HoHo buses and also the advice in Rick Steve's book on the Baltic which I downloaded to my iPad.

Gwen,

If we know who all 16 members of our SPB tour group are in ST. Petersburg, how would we go about getting a ticket number to exit the ship and go through Russian immigration together? We don't want to be separated and be waiting for each other losing precious time from our tour? Is it first come first served, or given out the night before, or something we can request?

Thanks for any help!

Linda

Gwen,

If we know who all 16 members of our SPB tour group are in ST. Petersburg, how would we go about getting a ticket number to exit the ship and go through Russian immigration together? We don't want to be separated and be waiting for each other losing precious time from our tour? Is it first come first served, or given out the night before, or something we can request?

Report as a group to the venue listed for obtaining the tickets. This will be the morning of disembarkation. Line up at least 30 minutes before the announced starting time for giving out the tickets to be among the first off the ship.

Report as a group to the venue listed for obtaining the tickets. This will be the morning of disembarkation. Line up at least 30 minutes before the announced starting time for giving out the tickets to be among the first off the ship.

I would add that you could all meet in the wheelhouse bar - it is right beside the Vista lounge and when all are present, go into the Vista to get tickets. You cannot get tickets ahead of time and they will not give you tickets for people who are not there. You will all go thru immigration separately - they will not even let husband and wife walk up together - they are very strict and stern. There are about 8 officers working that morning and it goes quickly. That is why they only allow so many off the ship at a time so that you do not stand in immigration lines long. It is well thought out and done very nicely!

You will all go thru immigration separately - they will not even let husband and wife walk up together - they are very strict and stern.

Also, pay no attention to any signs leading to the immigration booths that are labeled Princess tours only. The immigration personnel do not care if you are on a Princess tour or not.

Thanks again SO much caribill and Gwen!

Could I ask one more question. What berth did Royal Princess use at Oceankaj

331, 332 (close to the bus stop and Unicef building) or 333, 334 farther away?

It can and does change from cruise to cruise, however the Royal used c331 on 05/12 and 05/23 and is also scheduled for c331 on 06/03. Berths have not been assigned for 06/14 and later as all ships show the generic c330. Check out the link to the cruise port schedule below for your specific cruise closer to the date of your cruise.

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

If you have not already viewed it there's a very helpful thread discussing the Copenhagen cruise terminals situation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046236

Absolutely loved your thread! We were on these cruises with you and it was great to re-live it, day-to-day. Very thorough and accurate reporting.

One tiny correction (not because I'm a nit-picker but because you value accuracy): The party band, Spectrum, is from the North of England. The lead singer Jen has a very thick accent, but it's not Russian. We enjoyed them tremendously and spoke to them out on deck on several occasions. She has a nice alto voice and doesn't do the screeching diva routine. But next to food, musical entertainment is probably the most subjective thing on a cruise ship and I could understand that they're not everyone's cuppa tea.:D

Looking forward to your future reports!