Cruising with toddler (Drink Questions)

Have a few Questions so please bear with me

How available will drinks be for our 14 month old when we cruise. are things like milk and juice (for a child) included or extra, If we do need to purchase a package does the soda package have offerings like HI C.and what level package would have apple juice and milk?

Will they come down on us for filling a sippy cup up with a juice drink or bottled water from a higher package(that me or my wife purchased)?

Have people encountered a lot of trouble with bringing on board a case of water or a bottle of juicy juice. from the Baltimore port?

We are sailing on the Grandeur in November and are trying to figure out what is what as we are a first time cruising family of five.

Thank you

Edited by firestopr
words

Milk is readily avail. and included in all eating venues....you can take a carton back to your cabin, if you need to.

Apple juice should be avail. at breakfast. (I only get OJ, so not totally sure!) You can pour some into a container for later. The soda package only covers soda. I think the Replenish package covers juices, but not sure it would be worth the cost for the small amount a child would drink. You could bring some drink boxes onboard with you...they really don't care about stuff like that.

The ship's water is fine....after all, your food, drink and ice will be made with the same water! Save your space for juice boxes!

Milk (in cartons) and juice (by the glass) are always available in the Windjammer. The juices vary from time to time but you'll be able to find Orange, apple, grapefruit, fruit punch and lemonade if you look. You should have no problem bringing on a case of bottled water, juice boxes or something similar for your toddler to drink.

In the MDR, juice and milk will be available at all meals - the juice I have had includes: Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry.

In the WindJammer (buffet) - milk will be available and they have flavored water - kiwistrawberry and raspberry have been my favorites.

You can also pre - order juice (6 8oz bottles) to be waiting in your room from your cruise planner on the Royal Caribbean site and several types are available.

We have had a hard time finding milk sometimes, so would tend to grab a few extra at breakfast to store in the fridge for later that same day. If we were in the WJ at night, though, and asked for some milk (since it was not displayed), we never had an issue getting any.

We've successfully taken juice boxes on with us in the past, and will do so again!

Milk (in cartons) and juice (by the glass) are always available in the Windjammer. The juices vary from time to time but you'll be able to find Orange, apple, grapefruit, fruit punch and lemonade if you look. You should have no problem bringing on a case of bottled water, juice boxes or something similar for your toddler to drink.

Depending on what "type" of parent you are this may be an issue. The free juices aren't real fruit. They have maybe 5% juice and a lot of sugar and artificial crap. I personally can't stand the artificial flavor so I stick to water or bottled juice (see below) when i am not enjoying the adult selections. ;) Oh, but in the mornings they do have fresh squeezed OJ for a fee.

You can also pre - order juice (6 8oz bottles) to be waiting in your room from your cruise planner on the Royal Caribbean site and several types are available.

This would be my suggestion. I always buy a case of these for myself. They are minute maid. The apple and orange are both from concentrate but 100% juice. The grapefruit is a corn syrup/juice blend.

Edited by Raenstoirm

We always used to order breakfast room service the night before to have milk and apple juice delivered to the room, along with a plate of fruit. Our daughter enjoyed the fruit whilst we were getting ready for breakfast:D

In the MDR they used to give her a free choice of drinks at dinner from recollection although that was a few years back.

Hi c may be available in freestyle machines (not been on a ship with one yet;(!!) so you may want to search freestyle machine posts for that info, but on ships without the machine the soda package basic is literally draft sprite, coke and diet coke type products. (Didn't notice which ship you were going on).

For water back when our dd was a toddler they didn't do packages so we just filled cups with the boiling water from the coffee machines and let cool down, although they also have drinking water options on the self serve machines by the ice dispenser, which has always been fine with us but like I say we used the boiled and allowed to cool down option for dd. We always take pedialite sachets with us to ensure (or a bottle) to ensure she didn't dehydrate if going somewhere hot, never had an issue with taking that on but make sure it is sealed to avoid them questioning.

Hope that helps

You may want to consider bringing Juice boxes. I always do that for my daughter and have no problem brining them on board. Like a previous poster said the Juice they provide is not real juice. It is a flavored drink mix and contains a very small amount of Juice. You can get Milk on board. Please smell the milk before giving it to your toddler. I made the mistake of letting them fill my daughter's bottle with milk when she was younger. Turns out the milk had turned and that caused Tummy problems for her....

Lisa

you can also buy and bring juice (and other drinks you toddler might like) onboard ... there is a Publix near by the port (you can map it)

Small boxes of milk , OJ and apple juice are available in Windjammer free of charge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ship's water is completely safe for everyone to drink so no need to heat it at all.

I'm surprised how many parents give as much juice as they do to children since it's so full of sugar and not all that nutritious.

Milk is easy to get.

Be aware that your in cabin refrigerator may not keep milk as cold as you might want it to be. Some will, some won't. I wouldn't use them for long term milk storage.

Denise

Good point. For milk storage, I'd bring a soft sided cooler and have the stateroom attendant keep it filled with ice.

Have a few Questions so please bear with me

How available will drinks be for our 14 month old when we cruise. are things like milk and juice (for a child) included or extra, If we do need to purchase a package does the soda package have offerings like HI C.and what level package would have apple juice and milk?

Will they come down on us for filling a sippy cup up with a juice drink or bottled water from a higher package(that me or my wife purchased)?

Have people encountered a lot of trouble with bringing on board a case of water or a bottle of juicy juice. from the Baltimore port?

We are sailing on the Grandeur in November and are trying to figure out what is what as we are a first time cruising family of five.

Thank you

I always travel with my grandsons and there is no problem getting apple juice, orange juice, milk, fruit punch etc. if you want to put it in a sippy cup please get it in a glass first and then pour from the glass into the sippy cup. They will not like you to hold it up to the fountain as that is considered unsanitary.

Edited by Robinhill
wrong word

I recently called to reserve the pack n play crib for our room and was told that you can call room service for milk any time of day with no charge if you have a toddler with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

actually you can call room service anytime for anything with no charge- not just if you have a toddler with you. You can call from early am (for instance for coffee first thing, eggs, toast etc) until i think 11pm for anything. Just make sure you give them a tip

This made me laugh! I have teenagers now, but if I was cruising with a toddler I think I would have drinking questions too! (Where is the nearest bar?)

Please don't be offended, I love children but as they get more independent it is truly wonderful!

This made me laugh! I have teenagers now, but if I was cruising with a toddler I think I would have drinking questions too! (Where is the nearest bar?)

Please don't be offended, I love children but as they get more independent it is truly wonderful!

not offended at all we are also traveling with my 13 year old DD and our 11 year old DD. The plan is for our 13 year DD to watch our 1 year old DD sometimes so we can explorer other "drink options" lol

Edited by firestopr

not offended at all we are also traveling with my 13 year old DD and our 11 year old DD. The plan is for our 13 year DD to watch our 1 year old DD sometimes so we can explorer other "drink options" lol

You have probably already thought/done this but....just in case and :rolleyes: hmmmmm, I hesitate to even say it but....I took my 13 year old sister with us on vacations, when my kids were little. Everyone had great times but it was always clearly spelled out ahead of time what help was expected. To this date she has a good relationship with my kids and my kids now with HER kids! (BUT teens can be interesting creatures!:p) They have a great program for teens and now as my kids are older, they enjoy going every spare moment. You do not want the discussion on board, when you want to go out & she wants to go to a club activity. (Momma guilt should not rear it's head on vacation!:cool:) I think as long as everyone knows going in the expectation & willing to be flexible, it will be a great trip. Have fun!!!

actually you can call room service anytime for anything with no charge- not just if you have a toddler with you. You can call from early am (for instance for coffee first thing, eggs, toast etc) until i think 11pm for anything. Just make sure you give them a tip

Not after a certain point until 5 am from what I understood. They were telling me that even in the time periods that room service charges a fee that I could get milk. (Like if a child woke up fussy in the night)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums