What is the 50% off special?

hollon

A huge thank you to RCI for not limiting this to new bookings. I just got my emailed involce showing a drop of over $1200 for my Alaska cruisetour for 2015. I've scored an occasional price drop before, but nothing like this! I was initially petty dismayed about how expensive this trip was going to be and wondering if I would have to cut back on excursions, but now I have some cash to work with.

I'm confused, doesn't the promo say new bookings only?

It would save me some on currently booked reservation but I wasn't going to bother calling b/c it said for individual new bookings somewhere in the fine print. If they are giving it on existing reservations, does that mean we have to test every promo to see if fine print legit?

Here's my story.

Saw the email about the sale today and called my TA.

They were on the phone for 54 minutes- I know because I was waiting too. The TA managed to get me a $600 discount on a current booking because RCCL knows it would be too much of a hassle to cancel and re-book the exact same thing. RCCL had to ok it with the manager or something hence the hold.

Off topic.

This is red hot thread right for something started just over 24 hours ago. Wonder what the record for topic activity is...

Edited by scoob2010

I'm so glad I saw this thread because I wouldn't have even known about the sale. I booked 2 cruises today for summer of 2015 and Jan of 2016 and saved $1500 between the 2. It was strange that the 2nd person actually ended up being cheaper then our 3rd person in a suite we booked. But good deal!!!

So glad to hear about all the savings people are getting!!! Thanks for putting the dates and ship info for those of us looking for some good deals. With all the cruises I have been on I have never had any OBC's, etc. I'm more of a last minute planner so I'm not sure I will take advantage of this (not knowing if my husband will get the time off) but love hearing others saving money! :D

Its the same thing with most of their promos. The 3rd/4th sail free has similar language I believe. Why would you expect to be able to change a fare/date, etc and keep a promo applied??? Seems logical to have that restriction to me.

If I'm signed in the price of the cabin is $100.00 more! ? ! ? The difference is PLUS $51.00 for being signed in! ! ! ! Now I'm really confused and upset! :eek: :cool:

Don't be. The sale price for my Indy cruise is also more than my booking price. I noticed the day before the sale that my category had jumped 40 percent pp. Even with the 50 percent off the second passenger the sale price is still $300 more than my invoice. Some times you win and sometimes you have to call it a tie. :D

I actually thought it was kinda helpful, b/c if I booked an alaskan cruise which I'm thinking about with two different dates, I don't know if rccl would've told me the rules and once I changed dates, I would be mad at myself for not reading the rules. Kinda like that little square with the terms of agreement, etc, the computer says to click before you can go any further - nobody reads those rules. So thanks

It is always helpful to know the caveats with any promo - especially when they all have them. I also believe that if you were talking with RCI and uncertain about one week v another, they would let you know any restrictions regarding changing a date. A good TA would do the same as well.

I just don't see anything in the language of the "fine print" that is unusual or negative regarding the promo itself, which I for one was able to take advantage of today with our 2015 B2B.

The 1454 is the average price per person with the promo. The 1939 is the regular price that they then take 50% off of. It does look confusing as you are not getting the 50% off the first price you see as it is already factored in.

I was wrong this morning. I was confused when I looked at the way the prices were listed. You are correct as the 50% savings is factored in. This is a great savings.

We were booked on an Oasis for Feb 2015 and when I checked that sailing today the prices hadn't gone down. We got an amazing deal when we booked. We had 2 rooms booked. We were able to switch to Allure and get 3 rooms in the same category for $528 less. Which doesn't sound like a lot of $$$ but we got a third room. We probably could have upgraded but we really want to stay in the category we're in.

I was also able to book a cruise during Spring Break that I had priced out last week at $1400 more for 2 rooms and got 3 rooms instead of 2 for that sailing as well.

Yay for savings!!

I know a thread got merged here that cautioned people to read the fine print but I was wondering if someone wasn't sure of what dates they wanted to sail why couldn't they just book both and cancel one once they decide which they'd like? Other than tying up your deposit while you decide what other drawback would there be?

Be aware that a couple of threads have been combined into this one. It's why some posters are referring to the "restrictions". Sometimes it's hard to follow combined threads.

Well, I never though I would sail on the Allure for 500pp booking in advance....Plus 100 OBC....

TA come through for us. With the half off, the C&A discount, it was awesome. We booked on the ship but had a group discount through TA that we took then since the discount was bigger than the OBC. Since now the RC price is cheaper, we got our OBC back as well.

That is just awesome.

Edited by angelhelly

Is this happening to anyone else? I am trying to do a booking and when I go to book it, the prices jump up at the end?

The itinerary/date is valid since I see the 50% discount for the 2nd passenger, but the fare is increased.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

My Adventure cruise on Feb. 6 2016 has gone up a little over $100 per. What is so strange is that when I did a mock booking, the booking screen allocated the D balcony discount between me & my spouse--now it shows the entire discount to only one of us. Don't know what is going on.

Whenever we book d+ discount always applied to 1 st passenger. It has never been split

Am over the moon:D

We have an early June cruise coming up and had been pricing up for Alaska next year. We knew the before sale prices for the exact sailing as we had been researching to book as ncc. We saved $4000 on RS (we were going to book an OS but under the sale get the RS for the same price:D) worth losing out on NCC for;)

Ok here are the real numbers of a cruise I booked while aboard the Freedom April 6th. I booked a Junior Suite on the Adventure for March 22nd 2015.

Cruise Fare Passenger 1: 1449

Cruise Fare Passenger 2: 1449

Total 2898

Diamond Balcony Discount -225

Taxes of 63.56 per person 127.12

Invoice Total 2800.12

Onboard credit of 200 from booking on board.

I called today and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Well worth it and very smooth and easy to do. They adjusted this booking to the following:

Cruise Fare Passenger 1: 1649 (up 200 from original booking)

Cruise Fare Passenger 2: 1649 (up 200 from original booking)

Total 3298

Diamond Balcony Discount: -225

50% discount Passenger 2: -825

Taxes per person 63.56: 127.12

Invoice Total: 2375.12

Was able to keep the 200 onboard credit from booking onboard as well.

Total savings from this for me was $425.

This to me is a great promotion. I also booked a 2016 cruise on the adventure as well for a junior suite. The Invoice total with this promotion for that came to $1827 for both of us! I don't think you are going to do much better than this!

Is this happening to anyone else? I am trying to do a booking and when I go to book it, the prices jump up at the end?

The itinerary/date is valid since I see the 50% discount for the 2nd passenger, but the fare is increased.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

Per an earlier post from Marci:

When you choose a particular cabin, a window will come up to the right, click on 'view summary of charges' and you will see how the discount was applied.

I just went through a booking and it looks like the price that was showing initially was the already discounted price for passengers 1-2. So you will not get a discount off of that price.

And

Your first picture shows the price of 1&2 after the discount has been applied.

Your second picture shows the actual breakdown (non-discounted price and how the discount was subtracted, plus fees). It is the same amount.

I don't think they should show the discounted price until the room has been selected. It is confusing people.

Edited by moakes
More info